If you like to read.

DesertRanger

OK so I'm new to geocaching. I got into it because a friend who is in the Civil Air Patrol wants to teach his cadets to use a GPS. I'm an eco-tour and adventure guide also teaching desert craft and survival. GPS to me is a tool and I teach a class on it. So Bulldog (CAP) sez to Desertranger, "Teach me about geocaching". and voila I'm now an expert geocacher because I can use a GPS and know how to find things. [sarcasm] Yeah right!!

My first cache was here. Berdoo peek-a-boo an area well known to myself but not to those who went with me. Temp 108F/~46C, clear sunny. A nice day. Found it in about 20 mins. Now I'm going to hide one.

Questions Looking at the satellite and topo maps; do you think this was an ambitious undertaking? Zoom thought so.

Congrats and Welcome aboard!!!

Be sure to read the guidelines before you place a cache. Then read them again. When you are ready to hide, read them again and make certain your proposed hide fits nicely in all the guidelines.

Have fun!!

Thaqtnks Star. I read it it all and a lot more. My business gives me permits to operate team building programs on federal land and the permit covers Geocaching. Since I also live in a large em,pty area finding places to stash them where they won;t be disturbed it fairly easy.