Anyone else find City Navigator VERY inaccurate?

I continually find my latest version of City Navigator to show roads intersecting with other roads when they don't. Road names are not up to date many times either. Perhaps in the big metro areas things work better but in smaller towns and in rural areas I find CN almost useless.

Just curious as to what others see. Also, is there an alternative street mapping software that can be used with the autoroute feature on the Vista line by Garmin?

I continually find my latest version of City Navigator to show roads intersecting with other roads when they don't. Road names are not up to date many times either. Perhaps in the big metro areas things work better but in smaller towns and in rural areas I find CN almost useless.

That's because those city slickers report to NAVTEQ when something is wrong on one of their maps. You can use the following link and do the same for your area: http://mapreporter.navteq.com/dur-web-external/

That's because those city slickers report to NAVTEQ when something is wrong on one of their maps. You can use the following link and do the same for your area: http://mapreporter.navteq.com/dur-web-external/

I reported a bunch of errors on the map about 2 or 3 months before City Nav 2008 came out. Those corrections did not make the 2008 version, but AFAIK they are all in 2009. Would they have been there anyway? Who knows, but they are there now!

Perhaps in the big metro areas things work better but in smaller towns and in rural areas I find CN almost useless.

Just curious as to what others see. Also, is there an alternative street mapping software that can be used with the autoroute feature on the Vista line by Garmin?

Well, it is called City Navigator, isn't it? What you need is Garmin Rural Navigator 2009. :D

Seriously, though, it's full of errors in the big cities, too. City of Dallas drained and dredged silt from White Rock Lake about 15 years ago. CN still shows the old shoreline. CN just tried to route me through a building the other day, because it didn't know that a street had been closed and built over about 10 years ago. And on and on...

Edited by JSWilson64