PQ's not been generated

Big Wolf

I usually receive 4 PQ's on a Thursday but for some strange reason only I has arrived today. I've now looked at the PQ page and looks like the first was generated as expected at 1.34 am but the other 3 still have last weeks date next to them indicating they have not yet been run [:o]

Is there a problem with the PQ system ?

Edited by Big Wolf

Sorry for the trouble everyone. Only some of the PQs were not being generated, and you were the lucky ones. Go buy a lottery ticket!

Edit: Also, they should catch up before the day is out so you shouldn't be too far behind. Again, our apologies for the delay.

Edited by OpinioNate
They should catch up before the day is out so you shouldn't be too far behind.

Thanks for the update.

Here in the UK there are only 3 hours of 'today' left. Is this what you mean or do you mean catch up within 12 hours or longer?

Edited by Big Wolf

My three scheduled PQs ran at 12:30 AM PDT, but were never received in my mail. Checked spam filter on ISP (Earthlink)- not there. Cloned most important one, renamed and set it to delete after runing. Came through immediately.

My three scheduled PQs ran at 12:30 AM PDT, but were never received in my mail. Checked spam filter on ISP (Earthlink)- not there. Cloned most important one, renamed and set it to delete after runing. Came through immediately.

I thought about cloning mine, but I have already run the max 5 today. :D

Is there a current problem with generating PQ's for 'caches along a route'?

Each time I try I get the Groundspeak error page.

Not that I know of, but I would surely appreciate a walkthrough if you can reproduce that error. Thanks!

Nate:

I do not know if you can access my account or not. If you can even the old Routes I have created and used in the past will give me an error page.

Here is what I am doing.

1. I create the .kml using Google Earth. The last one I created is named reminderville to philippi.kml

2. I go to the "Caches Along a Route" feature.

3. I go to the "Your Created Routes" link

4. From there I click on "Create a Pocket Query"

5. I leave the name as defaulted "reminderville to philippi.kml" I have even tried changing the name and hasn't made a difference.

6. I leave the day blank and picked "Run this query once and delete it" (I've also tried different options with no luck)

7. I search for caches in .5 miles and pick "That Have Travel bugs" (I also tried not picking this option)

8. I leave the setting to .gpx format.

9. I click on "Submit" and each time I get the error page.

http://www.geocaching.com/error/general.aspx

Even if I try my old routes that worked in the past I get the same error page.

I tried in two different browsers and on two different P.C.s (One at home and one at work) and get the same thing every time.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks

Eric K

Not that I know of, but I would surely appreciate a walkthrough if you can reproduce that error. Thanks!

Nate:

I do not know if you can access my account or not. If you can even the old Routes I have created and used in the past will give me an error page.

Here is what I am doing.

1. I create the .kml using Google Earth. The last one I created is named reminderville to philippi.kml

5. I leave the name as defaulted "reminderville to philippi.kml" I have even tried changing the name and hasn't made a difference.

6. I leave the day blank and picked "Run this query once and delete it" (I've also tried different options with no luck)

7. I search for caches in .5 miles and pick "That Have Travel bugs" (I also tried not picking this option)

I tried in two different browsers and on two different P.C.s (One at home and one at work) and get the same thing every time.

Thanks

Eric K

I'm getting the same results using these steps.

Nate:

Here is what I am doing.

Thanks

Eric K

I'm getting the same results using these steps.

Thanks, I was wondering if it was just me.

...snip...

Thanks

Eric K

Did you double check to make sure you aren't running into the 40 saved PQ limit? I have heard of this creating a general error with route PQs, rather than the error you would see creating too many regular PQs.

Thank you for the excellent repro steps, Eric. You and Qwerty56 have something in common: you both have 39 saved Pocket Queries.

So what is happening is that your new route PQ is putting you over the max allowable queries (even though it should really start at 40, not 39). Raine is going to work on this.

Two things will probably happen. First is that the max allowable will be 40, not 39; and the second thing is that the error will not be so ugly.

Okay three things - we'll probably fix it so that when you select "run once and delete" it won't check to see if you have reached the max allowable queries, and just run it anyway (since you aren't really adding to your saved queries). Look for this fix in the next release.

In the meantime if you just drop one of your saved queries you should be able to get past the error.

Thank you for the excellent repro steps, Eric. You and Qwerty56 have something in common: you both have 39 saved Pocket Queries.

So what is happening is that your new route PQ is putting you over the max allowable queries (even though it should really start at 40, not 39). Raine is going to work on this.

Two things will probably happen. First is that the max allowable will be 40, not 39; and the second thing is that the error will not be so ugly.

Okay three things - we'll probably fix it so that when you select "run once and delete" it won't check to see if you have reached the max allowable queries, and just run it anyway (since you aren't really adding to your saved queries). Look for this fix in the next release.

In the meantime if you just drop one of your saved queries you should be able to get past the error.

Nate:

Thank you for the quick reply. I was unaware there was a limit. I deleted a few and that fixed this issue.

Wow, am I up to 39 already :D ? How about a counter?

I noticed that a couple of weeks ago...then I tried to run a regular PQ. It told me what was wrong.

It would be helpful for those who have yet run into it if the a message describing that they have too many saved PQ's instead of the generic error.

I've just tried to do a PQ today which seemed to run but never turned up in my email, so I tried another 4 and they appear to have run but never showed up!

Chris

Who is your ISP? If the PQs ran, they are probably being throttled or blocked by your email provider . . . :laughing:

Since I changed to Gmail, I have not had a problem getting PQs that run.

Edit to add appropriate quote and to say I'm requesting a PQ . . . we'll see if it arrives in my Gmail account.

Edited by Miragee

I have exactly the same problem as The Blorenges and I use gmail.

I've just tried to do a PQ today which seemed to run but never turned up in my email, so I tried another 4 and they appear to have run but never showed up!

Chris

Who is your ISP? If the PQs ran, they are probably being throttled or blocked by your email provider . . . :laughing:

Edit to add appropriate quote and to say I'm requesting a PQ . . . we'll see if it arrives in my Gmail account.

Chris

I just came to search to see if anyone else had this problem. Just created 4 PQs for a trip (caches along a route). The web site says they ran, but they have not shown up in my email inbox (also gmail). I have never before had a problem with gmail blocking or filtering my PQs.

Anyone have a suggestion?

I am glad I am not the only one. I ran a few today and I haven't gotten anything. However the ones I ran on Saturday night I got really fast. My mail has never been blocked by my isp either.

Its probably not on the same system but I am getting emails from geocaching.com from my alerts of new caches in my area but still no poket queries.

Edited by storm180

I ran 3 pq's today. Its been several hours but none have showed up on my yahoo e-mail. I've never had a problem with them before.

I have a strong feeling that PQs are being generated but not actually sent. I requested a PQ about two hours ago; the PQ Web page indicates it was generated immediately, but it hasn't arrived. My e-mail account (at Insight Roadrunner) is set up to mark apparent spam as such but send it on to me anyway. And I've never had any mail from GC, including PQs, marked as spam anyway.

This is the first time in more than two years of using pocket queries that I haven't received one I requested; I'm guessing the pocket query server needs to be unclogged.

--Larry

I received one prescheduled PQ early this morning (0730) out of two prescheduled. Since then I requested three additional PQs. All three show as "run" at GC.com but have never been received. I've never had a problem with my ISP (Comcast) in the past.

A number of people that have not received PQs have posted that their ISPs are different including "yahoo, gmail and Comcast. Unless the ISPs are collaborating, it appears the problem is upstream of the ISP but after the GC.com generation. Is anyone NOT having a problem?

The PQs have been generating but got "stuck" before being emailed. They should start coming through shortly now. Sorry for the delay!

Oh thank God!

I ran 5 pqs this am. All registered as being ran, but none showed up in my gmail box. I actually had to manually input coords for the newest caches in our hood.

I just checked and ONE (outa five) came through.

Thanks for your prompt attention to this rather pesky matter Nate!

The PQs have been generating but got "stuck" before being emailed. They should start coming through shortly now. Sorry for the delay!

A little electronic Drano goes a long way, my anxiously-awaited pocket query just arrived in my in-box.

Thanks for getting this problem straightened out, Nate!

--Larry