Hardest/Most Remote Cache

looking on google earth and i noticed there are caches on Diego Garcia. I quickly looked at St. Helena Island and Tokelau and there were none :o

This got me thinking whats the most remote cache?

Any underwater caches like in the ocean

what about on top of HIGH moutains

There are dozens of unfound caches in remote areas of Canada, many that were placed years ago. There was at least one underwater Ocean cache. I'll see if I can come up with some links, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

As I understand it there's a rule about no cache being commercial. The ocean cache doesn't say that you must use a particular service to get there, just that the expedition is one way; admittedly it's the easiest way, but there are other options. A good example would be caches that are on hikes that require adventure passes. Those are alright, because you don't have to use the provided parking, it's just an option.

This pales in comparison, but there is an underwater cache near my home. It is under 30 feet of water near a popular scuba diving site.

It has been found once IIRC - let me link to it -

GC14CJH

I don't dive anymore, but I when I did I had many good dives in this area. I wasn't into GC at the time and this cache was not in place yet.

It is an actual ship wreck - the ship was called the La Jenelle -when the ship sank in shallow water it was simply gutted and left in place. Later it was filled with large boulders to become a breakwater and thousands of people walk out onto the wreck without ever knowing that they are standing/walking on a shipwreck, or that the beach is named after the ship.

The parking is limited - if the park service hasn't kept on top of things the road and lot cover over with sand. But it is an interesting place to visit even if you don't go into the water. It is right next to the entrance to Port Hueneme, the only deep water port in the area.

I may explore the possibility of putting a cache above water nearby as I have time.

Out of curiosity, I checked and there is a cache in Timbuktu, a small african village that was once considered the most inaccessible inhabited place on the planet.

In Nashville there is one cache (GC160TN) that requires you to travel under a massive concrete wharf by boat to access it.

Edited by GClouse
what is the trailhead to summit elevation change? what climbing class is the easiest route? any informational websites available?

Vertical gain is about 5500'. Yes over a vertical mile.

Easiest route is a scramble (as shown in photo). No climbing gear necessary, but an ice axe is recommended.

Sites:

http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/15...unt-temple.html

http://www.peakfinder.com/peakfinder.asp?P...me=Mount+Temple

what is the trailhead to summit elevation change? what climbing class is the easiest route? any informational websites available?

Vertical gain is about 5500'. Yes over a vertical mile.

Easiest route is a scramble (as shown in photo). No climbing gear necessary, but an ice axe is recommended.

Sites:

http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/15...unt-temple.html

http://www.peakfinder.com/peakfinder.asp?P...me=Mount+Temple

Sounds interesting. But it's gladware (probably disintegrated by now), and who knows what the coords really are? I can't believe there's a "tourist" scramble route up that mountain!! Great pics from that one attempt.

Anyways, here's a bookmark list of 8 unfound caches in Ontario, two of them I believe were placed in 2001.