COINTEST: Win one of Yáahl's Feathers!

Crowesfeat30

I know that the Roman Numeral Puzzle is a nasty one but just use the chart provided & keep working on it.

For over night I'm posting the following puzzles:

This first puzzle may not be answered before 2:00 am Central Daylight Savings Time

Time Specific - 2:00am

Question/Puzzle # 39 How Many Rectangles 2

How many rectangles of all sizes are formed by the lines of this diagram?

puzzle026cr1.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This second puzzle may not be answered before 3:00 am Central Daylight Savings Time

Time Specific - 3:00am

Question/Puzzle # 40 Planks Galore!

Imagine that the cubes shown below are made of boards. How many individual boards are in the cubes? All boards are the same size and all rows and columns run to completion (there are NO half boards).

puzzle026cr2.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This third puzzle may not be answered before 4:00 am Central Daylight Savings Time

Time Specific - 4:00am

Question/Puzzle # 41 A Tangle of Triangles

From studying the triangles below, can you find the missing number in the bottom triangle?

puzzle029cr.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This fourth puzzle may not be answered before 5:00 am Central Daylight Savings Time

Time Specific - 5:00am

Question/Puzzle # 42 Arrows

Look carefully at the four arrows below. Which one is the longest? Which the shortest? Are they all the same length? Just use your eyes, no rulers needed.

puzzle028cr.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This fifth puzzle may not be answered before 6:00 am Central Daylight Savings Time

Time Specific - 6:00am

Question/Puzzle # 43 Cubic Crazyness

Which of the figures below CANNOT be folded to look like the center object?

puzzle031cr.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There, that as well as the Roman Numeral Puzzle, should keep y'all busy for a while. I'm going to bed soon. See ya in the morning - maybe. I have to be at work by 8:00 am tomorrow... :D

Remember do not send your answers before the specified time for each puzzle. Early answers will be ignored. And as always, send all answers to yaahl.raven@gmail.com

G'night all. :P

CF30

Wow!!! We have a winner for the Roman Numeral Puzzle!

Tethys C!

WTG, Andrew!!! :P

His answer?

xcMxCMLXXXIX

(The lower case have the lines over them.)

CF30

Thanks very much Sarah. I am so glad to win this because now I can go to bed without thinking about all those tough, nasty puzzles in Post#309!!! :P

Love the feathers and the cointest and now I can strut around like a crow singing "I AM clever enough" :ninja:

Congrats to all winners and good luck to future workers of puzzles. :D

Ohh, I found the answer to puzzle #40, sent an email and then I looked up the time and realized that I send my email 1 minute too early :P

Resend it, now I hope that I was clever enough and quick enough :D

My dear friend Steinwalzer....I hope you will win this time! Are you still searching for a feather? Shall I send you :P help for #41? Am I allowed to do that Sarah? :ninja:

Ohh, I found the answer to puzzle #40, sent an email and then I looked up the time and realized that I send my email 1 minute too early :P

Resend it, now I hope that I was clever enough and quick enough :P

My dear friend Steinwalzer....I hope you will win this time! Are you still searching for a feather? Shall I send you :) help for #41? Am I allowed to do that Sarah? :D

Oh, that is very nice from you :P This time I will try on my own, altough I have no idea with #41 :D But I have already prepared the email with the answer for #42 which was a really easy one. I just have to send it in time :ninja::D

If I can't do it on my own I don't deserve one of these beauties B)

And the winners of the five overnight puzzles are:

Puzzle # 39 How Many Rectangles 2

Rifleman81

Answer: 22

Puzzle # 40 Planks Galore!

Dark Onyx

Answer: 18

Puzzle # 41 A Tangle of Triangles

ELTADA

Answer: 6

Puzzle # 42 Arrows

Steinwälzer

Answer: all the same

Puzzle # 43 Cubic Crazyness

ATMouse

Answer: D

It's amazing how creative some have gotten to solve some of these puzzles, right ATMouse? :ph34r::unsure:

Congratulations to all the winners!

CF30

Okay, I gotta fess up here...since Crowesfeat mentioned it: The cubie thingie puzzle made me SO crazy that I enlarged the picture (only slightly, much to my later problem) and so to CUT OUT the itty-bitty patterns so I could try to put them together.

So..I snuck out to the printer at work...yes, I said "at work"...made sure the coast was clear and ran back to my desk to hit "print", then hurried back (casually, mind you) to snatch the patterns, calmly tucking the paper under my arm so no one will notice I'm using the printer for "non-work" stuff. Back at my desk, I pull out my scissors...which are HUGE ones, for some reason. I don't know why, 'cuz I inherited them with the desk. Then I painstakingly cut each itty-bitty pattern out, nearly cutting myself with these HUGE HONKING scissors designed for The Incredible Hulk.

I end up with a lot of itty-bitty bits of paper on my desk; this will never do, someone might see them and realize I'm not doing strictly work stuff. So I carefully chase down each tiny scrap and throw them away.

Now I'm looking at a bunch of itty-bitty black and white patterns. I pick one at random and fold each place where the white triangles and black squares come together. I have this vague thought I might get lucky early in the process, so I keep picking them up as I happen to grab them.

Hmmm...this isn't going well...I look up and see I have all these itty-bitty cubie thingies on my desk and rather few patterns left. Like two, in fact. Shoot.

But it must be done: in for a penny, in for a pound. I start to fold the next one. I'm having problems with it...stupid thing. Then I realize this might be the "wrong one". Still...I feel unsure enough that I take the last itty-bitty pattern and fold it into a itty-bitty cubie thingie.

Well, dang...I didn't make a mistake. I know the "wrong one". But my desk has all these itty-bitty cubie thingies that I have cut out and assembled...and I'm kinda proud of them.

I email Crowesfeat, figuring SOMEONE has already answered it, but, like I said, in for a penny, in for a pound...

But what do I do with all my cute little cubie thingies?

Thank you for a great puzzle!

Just don't tell my boss.

edited for speeling

Edited by ATMouse

WOOT! I won one! I gotta say though puzzle 41 still stumps me which is driving me nuts cuz I am usually great with numbers and puzzles. Care to share how it is solved?

Add the corners together and subtract 9: that is the center number.

At least that's how I solved it.

Any chance you'll be dropping some of these in caches where you live? I think I have a better chance at making a trip to see my mom (STL) then I do at logging in at the right time :ph34r:

I have placed one in a cache so far - BBC's STS:The Shed by Brawny Bear - but it has been found since and tho there is no mention of anyone taking the feather, I have to assume that it is gone already. I will be placing them in caches that I really, really like for one reason or other. The Shed is one of the best new caches in this area. :unsure:

CF30

WOOT! I won one! I gotta say though puzzle 41 still stumps me which is driving me nuts cuz I am usually great with numbers and puzzles. Care to share how it is solved?

That works for 5 of the 6 triangles.The last triangle would be 27-9=18 but the center number is 9 not 18. Your formula seems to works, but not on the very last triangle. I love that this puzzle has me stumped. :unsure:

That works for 5 of the 6 triangles.The last triangle would be 27-9=18 but the center number is 9 not 18. Your formula seems to works, but not on the very last triangle. I love that this puzzle has me stumped. :D

Oh. I bet I just did the first couple and saw my "solution" seemed to work. Lazy...and I was busy making cubie thingies. :blink:

That works for 5 of the 6 triangles.The last triangle would be 27-9=18 but the center number is 9 not 18. Your formula seems to works, but not on the very last triangle. I love that this puzzle has me stumped. :blink:

Add the three corners then add the individual digits of that sum together to find the middle number.

eg: 3+7+9 =19; 1+9=10 5+6+2=13; 1+3=4 etc.

CF30

We received our feather in the mail today, very nicely done. Thanks again for the cointests, we are still following it, as you have some very interesting puzzles. Congrats to the latest winners.

I too received mine today, it is beautiful! Thank you so much for the cointest!

We are not clever enough to solve your puzzles. I have asked my husband to help me but says he has no time and he tells me you know I a not good with puzzles. Guess we will be the unfortunate one not to be able to get your nice feather coin Sarah. :blink:

Valarie of sweetlife

Today Strider and I went caching with our dog, Blue. We found 10 caches and I left Yaahl's Feathers in three of them. Here is a list of the caches we visited today:

GC182Q2, GCB7D8, GCH2V8, GC14E8E, GC112C7, GCWJD8, GC1AJZV, GC146GV, GC15RNQ, GC146J1

One of the caches we found is an archived cache that was still there. And one of them Strider told the owner that I'd left something in their cache and they are going to go pick it up tomorrow. So if you want to find a Wild Yaahl's Feather, here is your first chance! All ya gotta do is figure out which caches I left the feathers in... :D

Also, everywhere we went with Blue people kept asking us, "What kind of dog is that?" so your question of the night is:

Question/Puzzle # 44 RanDUMB Questions 7 (or maybe 8 - I've lost count.....)

What breed of dog is Blue?

CathedralCanyon022sm.jpg

Hint: She is not a mixed breed.

G'night all. I'm exhausted. One of the caches we did entailed a five mile hike. We spent probably 5 or 6 hours doing it as we took our time to enjoy the area quite thoroughly and swam in the creek and ate lunch while there. Then we went and found eight more caches..... :blink: So see y'all tomorrow sometime after 9:00 am... LOL

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Thanks, Sarah, for all the puzzles. Having won one of your feathers already I can't reply anymore, but it's fun to try and solve the others. I see that several of you have received your feathers. I am hoping when I return to the states in another week my feather will be waiting for me. I have been caching in Australia while visiting my daughter who lives in Alice Springs. Finding caches in the "outback" is so much different than finding caches in the forests and brush of Georgia! I don't particularly like ones out in the "open" where there are a lot of muggles.

Congrats to all of you who have won one of Sarah's feathers. :angry::D:D

WTG to all the new winners! Sarah, this has been fun to watch and play :angry: I did receive my feather package and all I can say is WOW! Beautiful and I'm very appreciative :D I think I'm going to try and make some sort of Native American display for these to hang on my wall, that's how much I love this coin and feather design :D

Sorry about the delay in replying. Some things came up this morning and then I had to go to work. I just got home.... :P

I am going to award 3 winners for this question:

Sweetlife

because they answered the question waaay before everyone else even tho they sent the answer to the wrong e-mail address...

Red ShoesGirl

because she was the first to send the correct answer to the correct e-mail address...

and Team Van Stoffelen

because they went above and beyond and gave the complete correct answer!

Blue is a Blue Belton English Setter!

Here is a picture of her winning a beauty contest! :laughing:

NewEnglishSettter004sm.jpg

Talk about feathers! :laughing:

WTG all three!

CF30

Ooh darn, Sorry about the wrong email Sara, we were up intil 1:30 am surfing the net, sorry about that. That is very late for us since we are usually in bed by 10pm usually. So we are sorry. Cut us old folks some slack, LOL.

We wanted to say thanks for letting us win. We are so happy. We are so excited about the feather. We have seen pictures and they look so beautiful. It will be a true honor to have this coin of yours in our collection.

Thanks Again, we truley mean it. And thanks for the cointest.

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

Ok, Let's try and give this another go. I tried to do this on Saturday for y'all while I was gone all day but I did something wrong, wiped out the whole thing and didn't have time to set it up again. :P

These puzzles should keep ya busy throughout the day while I am at work.

Do not send your answers before the specified time. Early answers will be ignored. And as always send all answers to yaahl.raven@gmail.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This first puzzle may not be answered before10:00 am Central Daylight Savings Time

Time Specific - 10:00am

Question/Puzzle # 45 How Many Rectangles 3

How many rectangles of all sizes are formed by the lines of this diagram? Do not include any squares in your count.

puzzle032cr.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This second puzzle may not be answered before 12:00 pm (noon) Central Daylight Savings Time

Time Specific - 12:00pm (noon)

Question/Puzzle # 46 Tricky Triangles

How many triangles of all sizes are formed by the lines of thise diagram?

puzzle025cr3.jpg

This third puzzle may not be answered before 2:00 pm Central Daylight Savings Time

Time Specific - 2:00pm

Question/Puzzle # 47 Times Square 2

Fill each square in the grid with a digit from 1 through 9.

1) When the numbers in each row are multiplied, you should arrive at the total in the right-hand column.

2) When the numbers in each column are multiplied, you should arrive at the total on the bottom line.

Important: The number 1 can only be used once in any row or column; other numbers can be repeated.

puzzle027cr.jpg

This fourth puzzle may not be answered before 4:00 pm Central Daylight Savings Time

Time Specific - 4:00pm

Question/Puzzle # 48 Star Power

Fill in each of the empty squares in the grid so that each star is surrounded by numbers 1 through 8 with no repeats. If you do Sudoku you shouldn't have any trouble with this one.

puzzle030cr.jpg

This fifth puzzle may not be answered before 6:00 pm Central Daylight Savings Time

Time Specific - 6:00pm

Question/Puzzle # 49 Triangular Square

Place the nine numbered squares into the diagram so that the four numbers in each of the diagrams four large triangles equal the number outside of it. The patterns have to match and you may not rotate the squares.

puzzles011cr.jpg

One more and this one is an easy one.

This sisth puzzle may not be answered before 8:00 pm Central Daylight Savings Time

Time Specific - 8:00pm

Question/Puzzle # 50 Fruit for All

Find the row or column that contains five DIFFERENT fruits.

puzzles018cr.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will announce winners once I get home from work. Have fun and happy puzzling! :laughing:

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

I have to say thank you!!! :D:D:D

I was away from the internet over the weekend and had only email-access via my PDA. On saturday I got the wonderful message that I solved a puzzle and was quick enough :D:D:D

I am really happy to receive one of those beautiful feathers :D Thanks again for this great and very generous cointest, Sarah!!! :D:D:D

And of course congratulations to all other winners, and good luck to everyone who hasn't won a feather yet!!!

I have to say thank you!!! :D:D:D

I was away from the internet over the weekend and had only email-access via my PDA. On saturday I got the wonderful message that I solved a puzzle and was quick enough :D:D:D

I am really happy to receive one of those beautiful feathers :D Thanks again for this great and very generous cointest, Sarah!!! :D:D:D

And of course congratulations to all other winners, and good luck to everyone who hasn't won a feather yet!!!

:D:D:D I am so glad that you won one too my friend! :D:D:D Congratulations!!!!

Geez, I have been away for more than 8 hours and only ONE person has even attempted to solve any of these puzzles. If there is no more interest I will halt the cointest. :D . I was hoping to get at least 65 winners. So far I have 52 (53, really - I know that the one person who has replied today has solved at least one of the puzzles).

Come on, folks! Give the puzzles a try. They are not that hard! :D

CF30

P.S. Made a small correction on # 48... thanks backhiker! :D

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Geez, I have been away for more than 8 hours and only ONE person has even attempted to solve any of these puzzles. If there is no more interest I will halt the cointest. :D . I was hoping to get at least 65 winners. So far I have 52 (53, really - I know that the one person who has replied today has solved at least one of the puzzles).

Come on, folks! Give the puzzles a try. They are not that hard! :D

CF30

P.S. Made a small correction on # 48... thanks backhiker! :D

I volunteer to be a winner of one of your very, oh so cool coins :D As far as puzzles go for me, myself . . . :D:D:D . . . :D

I skipped this thread..well because I really don't do puzzles. I so stink at them. I hardly ever do the mystery caches, cause I stink at them. Seeing a theme here??So, maybe I'll try and look and see if I can do one of your puzzles, but I am warning you Sarah, I stink at them! I would love to have a feather coin. Maybe a lightning bolt will strike and I will end up with the ability to solve puzzles... Hey, it could happen. Jodi

Edit for... ok I tried one and now I have crossed fingers! I really am a dunce ya know.

Edited by Team FIREBOY