COINTEST: Win one of Yáahl's Feathers!

Crowesfeat30

Well, well, well, we have a tie!

ZSandmann and DFlye both sent their correct answers at exactly the same time! Photo finish! Congrats to both! :D

More later, I gotta run to the P.O. wit the first batch :)

CF30

WOOOO HOOOO!! :):D:D

Thanks for running this most excellent contest and congrats to ZSandmann, thanks for not beating me to the finish line! :D

ZSandmann and DFlye both sent their correct answers at exactly the same time! Photo finish! Congrats to both! :D

CF30

WOOOO HOOOO!! :):D:D

Thanks for running this most excellent contest and congrats to ZSandmann, thanks for not beating me to the finish line! :D

What was the answer?

CF30

WOOOO HOOOO!! :D:D:D

What was the answer?

30 is what I came up with, although that was only after I came up with 29 on the first quick count, then 30 when I actually breathed while counting the squares, and 30 again on the 3rd try just to make sure! :D:)

More later, I gotta run to the P.O. wit the first batch :D

CF30

WOOOO HOOOO!! :D:D:D

What was the answer?

30 is what I came up with, although that was only after I came up with 29 on the first quick count, then 30 when I actually breathed while counting the squares, and 30 again on the 3rd try just to make sure! :D:)

I must have missed quite a few, I counted 22 :)

I'm later than you hollora but wanted to see if I came anywhere close to getting one right! lol!

Oh yeah - I hear you....... I would have been right on this when posted but my daughter was picking up my Granddaughter........I babysit....but it's a pleasure........

Puzzle # 30's winner is Mousekat! :D

And for Puzzle # 31 - Tokyo Blossom!

Congratulations!

Answer for # 30:

$ 13.75

$ 16.00 - bag 2 has the most

$ 12.02

$ 13.50

Answers for # 31:

1. Fourth Red(top -> bottom) dot on the right wing is missing.

2. First Dot (top -> bottom) is larger on the left wing is larger.

3. The beak on the top of the face (center pole) went from Yellow to Brown in color.

4. Top Face on the right most pole is completely missing.

5. Bottom Face on the center pole has a longer red beak than it did before.

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

RE: Randumb Question 6

I'm getting a lot of good answers but y'all aren't being specific enough so to help you out here is a chart of the possible belts my son could have. All ya gotta do is guess which one. :D

belts.jpg

White

Yellow

Yellow First

Green

Green First

Blue

Blue first

Red

Red First

Red Second

Recommendation

Black

Hope this helps. :)

CF30

Hollora is the first person to send the correct answer. Red First is my son's belt in Tae Kwon Do. A lot of you sent Red, Blue, Green, Yellow etc. but did not send Red Black, Blue Red, Green, Blue, etc. I guess this could have been confusing if you are not familiar with Tae Kwon Do belts... :D

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Hollora is the first person to send the correct answer. Red First is my son's belt in Tae Kwon Do. A lot of you sent Red, Blue, Green, Yellow etc. but did not send Red Black, Blue Red, Green, Blue, etc. I guess this could have been confusing if you are not familiar with Tae Kwon Do belts... :D

CF30

I am surprised, all the web sites I scanned didn't have the "stripe" belts for Tae Kwon Do. Thanks for the lesson Sarahson! :)

Can not believe my fortune......and learned a lot too! Thank you for this awesome event. This will hold a special place in the growing collection of my Granddaughter.....now to get her a caching name. Agreed the generousity of this cointest is amazing. Thanks again!

Question/Puzzle # 34 Picture Puzzle 3

Hopefully this one will keep y'all busy for a little while longer... :D

There are TWELVE changes in this one. see if you can find them all.

puzzles026cr.jpg

List your answers in your e-mail or modify the image so I can see what you circled & send that to me.

yaahl.raven@gmail.com

CF30

Aaaaaand we have a winner already! FluteFace!!! Dang, she is quick!

I think I just got lucky . . . it just sort of popped out at me. Thanks so much!

It popped out at me too but where I had already won - I let it go. These get you thinking and your juices flowing. Thanks again!

I wanted to know more about Yáahl, so Googled up this interesting story:

Yáahl

Raven

by Erma Lawrence

Original version published in: Xaadas Gyaahláang (1974), Society for the Preservation of Haida Language and Literature.

Yáahl uu st'igáalaan, hal st'i'áwyaagaan.

Raven got sick, he was very sick.

'Wáadluu xíl hal tlaahláayaan.

Then he made some medicine.

Gut'iláa k'íit k'uts hal ts'asláangaan.

He boiled different kinds of tree roots.

'Wáadluu sáng kwáan hal néilaan gyaan hal 'lagáalaan

Then he drank it for many days and got well.

Asgáayst hal xitgwáangaan táawk uu hal diyáangaan.

Then he flew around looking for food.

'Wáadluu, chíin kwáan gándlaay aa hal táagaan.

Then he ate a lot of fish in a creek.

Hal sk'ísdlaayaan gyaan xitgáay aa hal jagíyaayaan.

He got full and couldn't fly.

'Wáadluu hingáan an sáanjuudaayaan.

So, then, he just rested.

Ahljíihl uu tl' hlgúujuu jahlíis gám 'láa'anggang.

That is why it doesn't pay to be too greedy.

It was interesting to me that my grandmother's name was also Erma Lawrence.

I wanted to know more about Yáahl, so Googled up this interesting story:

Yáahl

Raven

by Erma Lawrence

Original version published in: Xaadas Gyaahláang (1974), Society for the Preservation of Haida Language and Literature.

Yáahl uu st'igáalaan, hal st'i'áwyaagaan.

Raven got sick, he was very sick.

'Wáadluu xíl hal tlaahláayaan.

Then he made some medicine.

Gut'iláa k'íit k'uts hal ts'asláangaan.

He boiled different kinds of tree roots.

'Wáadluu sáng kwáan hal néilaan gyaan hal 'lagáalaan

Then he drank it for many days and got well.

Asgáayst hal xitgwáangaan táawk uu hal diyáangaan.

Then he flew around looking for food.

'Wáadluu, chíin kwáan gándlaay aa hal táagaan.

Then he ate a lot of fish in a creek.

Hal sk'ísdlaayaan gyaan xitgáay aa hal jagíyaayaan.

He got full and couldn't fly.

'Wáadluu hingáan an sáanjuudaayaan.

So, then, he just rested.

Ahljíihl uu tl' hlgúujuu jahlíis gám 'láa'anggang.

That is why it doesn't pay to be too greedy.

It was interesting to me that my grandmother's name was also Erma Lawrence.

That is very nice - thank you for sharing.........could your Grandmother have written this verse?

Although several people were very close with their answers, moscow32 is the first to get ALL changes correct!

puzzles026cr-modified.jpg

The feet counted as one change, the wing toucan's wing also one change. But the one most people missed was the breast feathers on the bird in the upper left - the stitching is reversed on the lower pic.

Congrats, moscow32!

I will have to scan some more puzzles so more fun & games tomorrow evening.

CF30

That is one awesome poem, FluteFace! I love it! :D

Just letting everyone know - the first 30 feathers have flown the coop. They should be fluttering into mailboxes starting in a couple days. International ones in a week, I hope. I have 10 more winners already! More puzzles tomorrow evening but here is a couple more for the over night crowd:

This first puzzle may not be answered before 3:00 am Central Daylight Savings Time

Time Specific - 3:00am

Question/Puzzle # 35 Magic Number Squares 3

Fill in the empty boxes so that these groups add up to the number below each diagram:

1) Each row

2) Each cloumn

3) Both diagonals

4) The four center squares

5) The four corner squares

6) Each quarter of the diagram

A number will be used only once per diagram.

puzzles014cr.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This second puzzle may not be answered before 4:00 am Central Daylight Savings Time

Time Specific - 4:00 am

Question/Puzzle # 36 Look to the Skies!

Find the row or column that contains five DIFFERENT sky sights.

puzzles019cr.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This third puzzle may not be answered before 5:00 am Central Daylight Savings Time

Time Specific - 5:00 am

Question/Puzzle # 37 Triangular Square

Place the nine numbered squares into the diagram so that the four numbers in each of the diagram's four large triangles equal the number outside of it. The patterns have to match and you may not rotate the squares.

puzzles010cr.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember - do not send your answers before the specified time for each puzzle! And send all answers to yaahl.raven@gmail.com

CF30

Although several people were very close with their answers, moscow32 is the first to get ALL changes correct!

puzzles026cr-modified.jpg

The feet counted as one change, the wing toucan's wing also one change. But the one most people missed was the breast feathers on the bird in the upper left - the stitching is reversed on the lower pic.

Congrats, moscow32!

I will have to scan some more puzzles so more fun & games tomorrow evening.

CF30

Thanks for the cointest! This was really fun. I kept getting beaten to the punch on the other puzzles. I was stuck at 11 for a while, but it was actually the eye having shifted that was holding me up.

have read the rules, have tried to solve some puzzles

but after solving there was already a winner appointed,

i slept or watched european soccer while some new puzzles

appeart. i thought yaahls feather, might be a cool coin,

oohh the cointest is from cf30...might it be a crows feather!? :(

today i checked page 1 and i see this awesome feather!!!

hoping, finger crossing, hoping twice...

i love crow related coins, hope that one will find a way to me.

(oh lord, please just one right answer at the right time!!! :D)

Ok, winners from the over night puzzles are.... D'ya know I did not get any answers until, like 6:30, 7:00 this morning? I guess everyone was sleeping or at work. :D Anyhoo the winners are:

Puzzle # 35: BlueMotmot

Puzzle # 36: nebukatneza

Puzzle # 37: PastorJon

More puzzles later this evening. I'm gonna walk the dog, work out on my Wii, scan some more puzzles and get posting again. I hope to get another batch of Feathes into the mail tomorrow after work. :P

CF30

Ooh, I found some really evil puzzles - like this one:

Question/Puzzle # 38 Roman Numerals

Using the chart below write the number for 99,989 in Roman Numerals.

puzzle030cr2.jpg

Note: a line over a number (or numbers) in Roman Numerals indicates that the number is multiplied by 1,000

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30