COINTEST: ACTUAL COINTEST HAS ARRIVED

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

I think I will have to try looking at these on another computer when I get home. They are way too blurry except for the immediate foreground for me to see much of anything :angry:

Never looked for a coin in the earlier practive sesions. Was there one in one of those pictures?

I think I will have to try looking at these on another computer when I get home. They are way too blurry except for the immediate foreground for me to see much of anything :angry:

Never looked for a coin in the earlier practive sesions. Was there one in one of those pictures?

There's nothing to find in these, just testing how the method shows up in these forums. Yes...One Practice Round had a coin in it.

OK, I think I'm just about ready to move forward on the ACTUAL COINTEST!

Remember that to have your answers qualify, you must follow the rules.

The Game:

I will post a picture, or a series of pictures.

You are challenged to find the COIN in the image(s).

There will only be one COIN in the image(s).

The Play:

Examine the image(s).

Locate the hidden COIN.

Send in your answer.

The Rules:

All answers must come through my profile at GeoCaching.com.

You may submit one answer every 24 hours.

Do not reveal the answer in the public forum.

The winner in one Round is not qualified for the next Round(you may still play, but if you win you must select another player to receive the prize)

Winning:

The first 20 correct, qualified answers will be entered in a drawing for the COIN.

The drawing is as follows:

There are 50 chances to win.

1st answer = 10 chances

2nd-5th answers = 5 chances each

6th-10th answers = 2 chances each

11th-20th answers = 1 chance each

The Details:

Remember to send your answer through my profile...Click my name over on the left, then click on "Send Message". Any answers coming through Direct email, or through PMs in the forum, or through a letter, or over the phone, personal adds, pidgeon, Etc will be ignored. I will not respond to the answers whether correct or not. Each Round will remain open until I have received twenty correct, qualified answers. If I have not received enough answers in 7 days, the drawing will be held with the answers I have received. Remember that you may only submit one answer each 24 hours, extra answers within 24 hours will be deleted(only the first one will count). I will not say what coin is in the pictures, but will tell you after the Round is over. You may either describe the location to me, or provide a link to an image showing the location. There will be multiple rounds in this Cointest, so if you do not get it right the first time, do not worry.

The Final Word:

Remember that I make the rules, and I am the final judge of any correct answers. I reserve the right to ammend the rules, but will make refference to any ammendments in a seperate note.

My Wish to You:

Good Luck, and Have Fun!!

take a look at flickr.com

i post full rez images there for a variety of sharing art pics.

lara

I'm working on ways to get the posted images to show in a larger format. Much image quality has been lost in the resize process. My photobucket can support a larger image than Groundspeak, so I may link to there, but it is still nowhere near the full 8MP, which I would like to use. If anyone knows of a free photo hosting site that can support the images in a large format I think the Cointest will be more fun.

take a look at flickr.com

i post full rez images there for a variety of sharing art pics.

lara

I'm working on ways to get the posted images to show in a larger format. Much image quality has been lost in the resize process. My photobucket can support a larger image than Groundspeak, so I may link to there, but it is still nowhere near the full 8MP, which I would like to use. If anyone knows of a free photo hosting site that can support the images in a large format I think the Cointest will be more fun.

Can you post one in the forums as a link, so I can see how it works? I tried to likk to my Photobucked images, but it won't work anymore. Something about the changes there have stopped it working.

Can we get extra credit for naming the coin :angry:

already did that! you too?

too cool!

email sent

this pic is the large size on flickr

1579544781_bd69f59aff_b.jpg

this is the ORIGINAL size jpeg 12

perhaps something in between. you can determins the size of your original image.

send me one and i'll test it for you.

rsg

removing huge pic

Edited by RedShoesGirl

Email sent. This is such a cool game. I just went through all the previous practice pics of the last 5-pages. Got them all except the one in the flower garden (even after it was circled :angry: ). Thank you WSR for all the fun already. Can't wait to see the next pic.

The Rules:

The winner in one Round is not qualified for the next Round(you may still play, but if you win you must select another player to receive the prize)

Just a clarifying question... by "Winner," do you mean: a) the person who actually wins the coin, b.) the person who was first to correctly find the coin, or c) anyone who correctly found the coin?

I assume that it's option A, but I wanted to check to be sure! :angry:

Edited by PastorJon

The Rules:

Just a clarifying question... by "Winner," do you mean: a) the person who actually wins the coin, b.) the person who was first to correctly find the coin, or c) anyone who correctly found the coin?

I assume that it's option A, but I wanted to check to be sure! :angry:

I mean the one who actually is chosen in the drawing to win the actual coin. Everyone may still submit answers, and be entered in the drawing if they are right(and in time) but if you just won a Coin, be prepared to select another person to receive the prize if you win twice in a row.

The Rules:

My Wish to You:

I have a little question on the rules. I assume that I must wait 24 hours before I can answer again. Or do you mean that as soon as it turns to 6-23-08 I can answer again ie one guess per calender day versus 24 hours between guesses?

The Rules:

My Wish to You:

I have a little question on the rules. I assume that I must wait 24 hours before I can answer again. Or do you mean that as soon as it turns to 6-23-08 I can answer again ie one guess per calender day versus 24 hours between guesses?

Forgot to also ask. You said before that you got so many answers so quickly that it may make a differnt if someone stops to circle the answer and then attach a link to that. If we send in the link in a second email does that count or how would you want that to be handled?

well, i sent my answer but i swear i saw at least three coins! :angry:

I'm laughing because I was going to say the same thing when I saw your post. I counted at least two coins, but also have a couple of "iffies". I went with my first find. I'm not sure of the name of the coin, but I think I recognize it. I'm curious as to how many others have found more than one coin.

The Rules:

My Wish to You:

I thought that question would come. If you submit a second answer, it must be timestamped 24 hours(or more) after your first answer. This should give players in all timezones a chance to play before anyone comes back for seconds.

The Rules:

My Wish to You:

Forgot to also ask. You said before that you got so many answers so quickly that it may make a differnt if someone stops to circle the answer and then attach a link to that. If we send in the link in a second email does that count or how would you want that to be handled?

If you chose to send a written answer and then back it up with a picture later, that's fine, the written answer will be accepted with the image used as verification. If they are different, the first one will be counted as your submission(whether it's correct or not)

well, i sent my answer but i swear i saw at least three coins! :angry:

I'm laughing because I was going to say the same thing when I saw your post. I counted at least two coins, but also have a couple of "iffies". I went with my first find. I'm not sure of the name of the coin, but I think I recognize it. I'm curious as to how many others have found more than one coin.

it apears there are many things in the display that look very similar to GeoCoins!!

I'm starting to wonder if I should cut it off as soon as I have 20 spots filled, or let you all keep playing for a while after that?

oh cut it off and let us know where the coin is! there are many cointests left in this right, over the summer?

RSG - a tad impatient :P

If I cut it off too quickly I won't be able to keep it up very long, unless you want each round to last a few hours, then wait a week for the next round.

Hmmm....I think I agree with nashuan. It would be good to be able to keep guessing. What if you announce who filled which spots and then allow some time for people to continue to guess before revealing the answer?

If I submitted an answer (which I did...) I am like RSG and am eager to find out if I am right or not. If I missed being able to send in an answer because I stepped away from the forums to, I don't know, sleep or eat, :P I would be interested to see if I COULD have found it. But all of that adds quite a bit to your inbox....