COINTEST: ACTUAL COINTEST HAS ARRIVED

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

For this round, you shouldn't even need to leave the Geocaching.com website to find the answers. Rather than spending days trying to create a photo setup that was fitting for this winning poem, I decided that the peom is an appropriate reflection of this game we all love so much. That's what it's all about anyway, isn't it?

What City and State was I in to get these shots?

This is the logbook from a Cache in the city where I took the pictures.

3a49a0d8-8d9f-409f-aa24-ffb98753d622.jpg

6bff73b3-3a31-4f8d-af3c-2eb7a03597ca.jpg

Good Luck to you all!

Email sent. Found the cache the log is from but the location makes me unsure of exactly which city it is in. :ph34r:

Ditto... I'm quite sure of the cache... not as positive about the city.

Some others seem to have had the same issue, I double checked a little, and once you identify the cache, you cen get quite sure of the city by looking at other maps besides Google/Groundspeak.

Everyone who has sent in an answer so far has gotten the right state, but 6 are in the wrong city. Is it time for the SURE ones to share their research tips?

Some others seem to have had the same issue, I double checked a little, and once you identify the cache, you cen get quite sure of the city by looking at other maps besides Google/Groundspeak.

Everyone who has sent in an answer so far has gotten the right state, but 6 are in the wrong city. Is it time for the SURE ones to share their research tips?

I don't know if it is time. But I used Mapquest maps---then again I could be wrong......

Email sent. Found the cache the log is from but the location makes me unsure of exactly which city it is in. :ph34r:

I'm not SURE, so am I to assume my city was incorrect? :unsure:

Edited to Add:

I just rechecked the address near the cache and the city that I sent was correct according to Mapquest :lol:

Edited by kehunt64

Google Maps, geotag'd photo near the coordinates of the cache :unsure:

After you find the correct cache, go to Mapquest and enter that address along with the city you think it is in and see if you are correct. If you are correct Mapquest will pull up a map that has the same streets shown as the one on Geocaching Maps.

Edited by kehunt64

*bump*

Pushy, Pushy!!(JK) Please bear with me as I get distracted from time to time, or sent to places at times that do not allow me enough access to move forward quiclky. I've discovered that running all these games can sometimes take several hours on the computer each time I get to another step. I have drawn the next Poetry Selection, but have no pictures yet. For this round, the winning number was 32, which will send a Coin to dimkasmir!! I'll post the list of correct answerers later. The Cache was in Eloy, AZ.

Here's the list of Correct Answerers:

01. Pushing Tin

02. PastorJon

03. kehunt64

04. xboxcrazy33

05. Maine Family

06. LadyBee4T

07. dimkasmir

08. PengoFamily

09. surteb

10. zoesbrother

11. labrat_wr

12. fairyhoney

13. angiesm123

14. SgtMikal

15. thebuddhaman

16. GATOULIS

17. Koolbrez

The Rounds for this Cointest will be on hold for a while. I need to take some time to catch up on my coin mailings. There will likely not be any more Cointest Birds in this one, but we will resume after I take delivery of another coin that is in the works! Thank you all for playing along, it has been a fun summer ride!

Moderators, please do not close this one yet, as I will be still posting to make sure I wrap everything up for the list of winners, and would like to resume the theme later with a different coin.

OK, Let's see if I can make any sense of the mess I've created.

To start with, I'll say that anyone who won a Coin in this Game BEFORE we went into the ShutterSpot format should have received your prize long ago. If you didn't get yours, please let me know.

For the winners since then, I'll have to work through the list to make sure they are all sent. Below is a list of all the players who have won a "Cointest Winner" Birds of a Feather GeoCoin.

If you were the winner of one of these Coins, and you are not on this list, please let me know so that I can correct it.

If you are on this list, and you have ALREADY received your prize, please let me know. I don't want to accidentally send duplicates, as that would rob another player of the chance to win one.

The Winners so far:

fairyhoney

E&Cplus3

zoesbrother

E&Cplus3

labrat_wr

dimkasmir

Well, that's a short list. When I started all this, I ordered 50 coins as prizes, and intended to run this for a long time, but things have just become too much for me to keep up with.

I am currently working on another project which will ultimatly see the revival of this Cointest, either here or in a new thread with the same type of play. I'll try to keep it here in this thread if it is allowed to stay open.

If you have not won one of these Coins, and you still would like a chance, visit my "Last Chance" Cointest to get in on the drawing. I think there will be over a dozen Coins awarded there after all the other prizes are sent.

ok, so this is just for this cointest and not the magnetic poetry one right?

The "magnetic poetry" is now closed :santa: . I think he wants we who has won Any of the BIRD coins and have them in hand to let him know. :rolleyes: - I think :santa:

Well, I didn't win one of these cointests, but I did win his "Guess My New PO Box" cointest back in August and haven't received the 3-coin prize yet.

ok, so this is just for this cointest and not the magnetic poetry one right?

The "magnetic poetry" is now closed :santa: . I think he wants we who has won Any of the BIRD coins and have them in hand to let him know. :rolleyes: - I think :santa:

Well, I didn't win one of these cointests, but I did win his "Guess My New PO Box" cointest back in August and haven't received the 3-coin prize yet.

I am sorry for the delay. Part of that time was spent waiting on delivery of one of the coins that I wanted to include. That was postponed, so I will have to make a choice of some other coin to include. If it helps to make those who have been waiting feel better...I haven't even been able to retrieve my mail from that box since I started that Cointest. I'm still out here driving around. Things are a little jumbled up in the Truck, so as soon as I find the bag which contains my postage stamps, I'll start getting things into the mail.. For those with kids waiting on coins to arrive, please explain to them that some people take longer to get things done than others.

To start with, I'll say that anyone who won a Coin in this Game BEFORE we went into the ShutterSpot format should have received your prize long ago. If you didn't get yours, please let me know.

For the winners since then, I'll have to work through the list to make sure they are all sent. Below is a list of all the players who have won a "Cointest Winner" Birds of a Feather GeoCoin.

If you were the winner of one of these Coins, and you are not on this list, please let me know so that I can correct it.

If you are on this list, and you have ALREADY received your prize, please let me know. I don't want to accidentally send duplicates, as that would rob another player of the chance to win one.

The Winners so far:

fairyhoney

E&Cplus3

zoesbrother

E&Cplus3(scond coin, to be activated and released)

labrat_wr

dimkasmir(second coin, gifted to OwlCacher)

Well, that's a short list. When I started all this, I ordered 50 coins as prizes, and intended to run this for a long time, but things have just become too much for me to keep up with.

I am currently working on another project which will ultimatly see the revival of this Cointest, either here or in a new thread with the same type of play. I'll try to keep it here in this thread if it is allowed to stay open.

If you have not won one of these Coins, and you still would like a chance, visit my "Last Chance" Cointest to get in on the drawing. I think there will be over a dozen Coins awarded there after all the other prizes are sent.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Bump

The Winners so far:

fairyhoney

E&Cplus3

zoesbrother

E&Cplus3(scond coin, to be activated and released)

labrat_wr

dimkasmir(second coin, gifted to OwlCacher)

If you are listed as a winner of a Birds of a Feather Coin, please let me know if you have already received yours. Thanks.