COINTEST: ACTUAL COINTEST HAS ARRIVED

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Ok, I must be blind or something. I cannot spot Roswell in any of the pictures you posted. Once the contest is over for each picture would you mind posting the same picture with Roswell circled so the visually impaired (me) can see what everyone else is seeing? Please? I'm sooooooo confused! :laughing:

Edit to add that I went back and looked at the previous pictures with circles and I still cannot make out Roswell in most of them. How do you see it? :)

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Edit to add that I went back and looked at the previous pictures with circles and I still cannot make out Roswell in most of them. How do you see it? :laughing:

CF30

xray-glasses.jpg

That's definitely what I used too!

Sheesh!

Edit: To say wait, i bought mine for TWO DOLLARS! this is BULL!

Edited by kiddo431443

Then Yo bought yourself the deluxe version :laughing: You must be a rich one :)

Then why could I only find him in one of the pics.

I'm thinking i need a refund!

"We've updated our policy to state no refunds. Sorry for the inconvenience" :)

Sheesh, well then I think I need to win this cointest to get my profits back.

:)

So, how much longer till we get some results?

OK, so I drive a Big Truck all over, and sometimes I get stuck where I cannot get Internet Access, like where I was last night. I had to drive all night(the night before) to make my delivery, and then couldn't go anywhere until this morning. I think we are very close to having all the spots filled, if you haven't sent in an answer yet, then this is your chance. When I stop tonight I will go over all the emails and tally up the count.

I sended email too! :(

These were a little tricky! :D

email sent, and this one is right :)

Email sent...

email sent for picture number one.

And...PengoFamily

Were the first five correct answers for The Palms...

c07ad1f9-6e95-4011-ab85-41ea54102c98.jpg

Ummm I am tired and maybe I need some caffeine, but I thought that picture was Coffee Break? LOL

Ummm I am tired and maybe I need some caffeine, but I thought that picture was Coffee Break? LOL

Yes, I realized my mistake once I was uploading the Real "The Palms".

But you can treat yourself to some Caffeine anyway.

Mountain Dew is my drink of choice but I think its much too late here. LOL

So far though I had both right. Now when you post #2 I will know for sure whether or not I should spring for those new glasses!

E-mail sent for picture # 2 "Flower bed"

Save the picture and circle Roswell in photoshop or paint. Upload the photo with Roswell circled to photobucket or another image hosting site, and send the link to the photo when you submit your guess.

I was going to skip this round, but since spots are still open I sent a guess for the second picture.

And...Frank n Beck

Were the first four correct answers for Flower Bed

f87d942f-46a0-49ca-9a7d-6a658737c8fc.jpg

OK, Since we did not get 15 correct answers in the first three photos( I have only 13 qualified) in the Final Practice Round, here is one more.

I will accept the first TWO correct answers.

You may only submit an answer for this one if...

YOU ARE NOT LISTED AS A WINNER IN ANY PREVIOUS ROUND!!

1fb7ad32-9638-4adf-83f4-5fe0aeb84d0d.jpg

Whats the question? :(

OK, Since we did not get 15 correct answers in the first three photos( I have only 13 qualified) in the Final Practice Round, here is one more.

Look through the previous Photos...The question is the same, Tell me where in the image is Roswell.

OK...here are some Detail Clips from the original 8MP images before they were risized to upload. I'm trying to work out some ways to post larger versions of the COINTEST Images, to make this more fun.

1. Dino Detail

c7df13b3-1e47-4d27-98c5-08914f6737dd.jpg

2. Train Detail

583b554a-bc89-47a0-8a0b-cc1f2e3b7045.jpg

3. Bush Detail

3da9c51f-9b1c-4ddc-abbd-e70f0410da12.jpg

4. Hydrant Detail

b1147c2f-2d30-4ec0-973f-021fa4faaf0e.jpg

5. Pots Detail

3c934102-2a62-445e-b680-7da35bf495f2.jpg

6. Palms Detail

b2573c28-8a0a-4550-baeb-9473a85c736c.jpg

7. Flower Detail

3b38e0de-c52d-459c-bd7f-50aeb693f855.jpg

8. Coffee Detail

9bd2b994-3bdd-43b9-835c-ababd3b47330.jpg

and just for fun...The ACTUAL Mad Woman

0c3fee1b-52d1-40ec-8c50-6e5280182821.jpg

I'm thankful for all the patience in practicing with me. It has been important to help me work out the process, as well at important details in shooting the images. I'm going to shoot for a Title Change, and am looking for a discussion of feedback while I work on sending out the Raffle Ticket prizes. I'll be contacting those who I need an address for.

If you have any feedback for me or the other players about the rules, the images, or what methods you've used to find the target, now is the time to discuss it.

Thanks for playing, the Coins are coming soon.

Look through the previous Photos...The question is the same, Tell me where in the image is Roswell.

OK, I've gotten my TWO answers! Practice is now over, and after a little discussion we will have the Actual Cointest Photos!!!

Whilst 1 to 5 were fairly easy, 6 and 7 were ultra tricky and even in the detailed clips it is very hard to discern what is and what is not Roswell and number 8 from the detail looks easy, but I missed him completely.

Nice to see Mad Woman making another appearance - a salient lesson of don't shoot first and ask questions later :(

Can I have a clue please - I just can't see him!! Is he under one of the rock grains? In the shadows on the far left? Oh, I give up!!

:(

Can I have a clue please - I just can't see him!! Is he under one of the rock grains? In the shadows on the far left? Oh, I give up!!

Umm, since TeamAmaroo has disclaimed their last answer, I will accept one more correct answer on this one. Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Umm, since TeamAmaroo has disclaimed their last answer, I will accept one more correct answer on this one.

EMail sent... fingers crossed...

So far though I had both right. Now when you post #2 I will know for sure whether or not I should spring for those new glasses!

Whilst 1 to 5 were fairly easy, 6 and 7 were ultra tricky and even in the detailed clips it is very hard to discern what is and what is not Roswell and number 8 from the detail looks easy, but I missed him completely.

Nice to see Mad Woman making another appearance - a salient lesson of don't shoot first and ask questions later :(

And...Dolfy have answered correctly in the lash Gimme Image. Practice is closed. We can now discuss the rules and details before moving into the coin phase.

Hello my friend! :)

Well Now..are thing going to be different? Are you going to post 3 photos but only one will have Roswell?

I will be out at 7pm until 10 of 12 Greek time (now it is 3pm in Greece) ! I hope I will not miss the cointest!

Oh! something else...in each round, the first were getting the coupons?

In that case....:(

Edited to make ammendments in the COINTEST as follows:

It is clear that players will jump very quiclky on a COINTEST, so it seems I should have a different method of determining the winners(other than the first one person) so when a COIN is at stake we will do it in a drawing.

First correct answer will get 10 chances in the drawing

next four will get 5 chances

next five will get 2 chances

next ten will get 1 chance

So...twenty people will have a chance to win the coin in the drawing, but the first five will have the greatest chance. I have not yet decided if there will be multiple prizes in the drawing, or if there will be a repeat of the COINTEST with a new picture.

I like that this method gives more people a chance to win. That's a nice idea and mixes it up a little. I would also vote for a repeat of the cointest over multiple prizes - makes us work harder for a prize :) . This might give more people a chance to enter, but it would also mean more work for you - not so good.

Oh and my guess for the last practice round (Flower Bed) was totally wrong - oops! Maybe those tickets can go to someone else or as a condolence prize in the cointest?

Thanks for all the time you've spent so far WSRobert and happy trucking out there :(

I will be using this method.

I will place a post with all the finalized rules before the first Coin picture is posted, so you all may get used to them.

The Cointest will run through several images, each with it's own Coin as a prize.

Since some images will be as hard as the worst of what we have seen, and many people lost their chance by giving one wrong answer, you will be allowed to send more than one answer, BUT...You will only be allowed to send one every twenty four hours. As mentioned above, the first twenty correct answers will go into a drawing for the coin. If I have not gotten 20 correct answers after 7 days, the drawing will be held with just the players I have gotten.

I'm working on ways to get the posted images to show in a larger format. Much image quality has been lost in the resize process. My photobucket can support a larger image than Groundspeak, so I may link to there, but it is still nowhere near the full 8MP, which I would like to use. If anyone knows of a free photo hosting site that can support the images in a large format I think the Cointest will be more fun.

Hello my friend! :)

Well Now..are thing going to be different? Are you going to post 3 photos but only one will have Roswell?

I will be out at 7pm until 10 of 12 Greek time (now it is 3pm in Greece) ! I hope I will not miss the cointest!

Oh! something else...in each round, the first were getting the coupons?

In that case....:(

Yes...Each time you won in the first Roinds will be a packet of the Raffle Tickets.

No more Roswell(For Now)...The Pictures to come will have you looking for a hidden COIN.

I will accept the first TWENTY correct answers, so you should have chances.

There will be more than one Cointest, and they will be posted at different times of day (so you should have a good shot sometimes)

Only one Cointest will run at a time

I sure wish that as I zoom in on an image the resolution would improve like it does on CSI instead of getting worse!!!

Now how did you guys find roswell in the flower bed picture when the focus was on the flower in the middle? Even with the close up cropped picture that WSR posted I'm not sure. The rest of them I was right on.

Do we know what the coin looks like that we will be searching for?

I had those 2 right also, waiting for the last 1. Not so sure about that 1 :D

WOW I had all 3 correct, too bad I submitted Picture #3 as my official answer :D

WRITE SHOP ROBERT, please send my raffle tickets to kehunt64. :) I already have a couple of raffle tickets from you (thanks again for your generosity for them and the little GW6 Bear for PengoBeky.) I am just happy I finally got one right LOL. I am looking forward to the final cointest.

Will we know what geocoin is in the picture??

Thanks! :)

I had those 2 right also, waiting for the last 1. Not so sure about that 1 :D

WOW I had all 3 correct, too bad I submitted Picture #3 as my official answer :D

WRITE SHOP ROBERT, please send my raffle tickets to kehunt64. :) I already have a couple of raffle tickets from you (thanks again for your generosity for them and the little GW6 Bear for PengoBeky.) I am just happy I finally got one right LOL. I am looking forward to the final cointest.

Will we know what geocoin is in the picture??

Thanks! :)

THANK YOU PengoFamily for the tickets :D

I sure wish that as I zoom in on an image the resolution would improve like it does on CSI instead of getting worse!!!

Now how did you guys find roswell in the flower bed picture when the focus was on the flower in the middle? Even with the close up cropped picture that WSR posted I'm not sure. The rest of them I was right on.

Once I determined that Roswell was not in the flower that was in focus, I looked around at the rest of the picture for possibilities. Even though it is out of focus if you look at the spot at the base of the tree, you will notice that the color of that spot matches Roswell as well as the shape of his head and you can see a slight black spot that is his eye. It is easier for me to see this in the "zoomed out" picture.

~Karen

I'm not too sure about the technical aspects of image hosting, but I have seen several posts in some threads where photobucket or flickr or similar have exceeded page access limitations or something like that and the images do not appear, just a holding card type thingy. Yer can tell I'm on top of this technical stuff can't yer :) Anyroadup - I use Picasa2 - it's free, it's quick and I'm sure I've uploaded some fairly largish pictures to it, I get a cool slide show anyway from my albums. Maybe this could be an option. You could always send me the files and I'll find somewhere to get them hosted - after I have scrutinized them very carefully first - just for quality control you understand :D

Good look everyone in the next round, coins are coming next, hoooraaaayy :)

Thanks for all your hard work WSR putting this together.

No, I won't be describing the coin ahead of time. That's one reason you can submit an answer each 24 hours. If you question a couple of different spots, you can try each one. However, if all the top spots are filled quickly.... Try your best guess first.

OK those will work for me. If you have a slow connection it may take forever to get loaded though. What I've done is take my larger images and uploaded them in sections. The second one was a little sloppy in my cutting, but my theory works on how the images apear in the forum section, as one solid image, if I cut the sections carefully.

I will either present one large image in this way, or I will present a series of images in which only one will have a Coin to find.

Any feedback on these??

Whoa, these are HUGE! I almost think it makes it even harder with images these large since they don't really fit on the screen.

DITTO on the last 3 cut pictures..... the first picture is only a little larger than the screen, so it is not so bad.

That's less than half of the original I think. I hope you all have high speed!!

Imagine the last one, with three of four more sections...is that too much?? The first one is actually two halves as well. Keep in mind that the Coin will not have the destinct shape of Roswell, so You will need to see more detail.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Whoa, these are HUGE! I almost think it makes it even harder with images these large since they don't really fit on the screen.

DITTO on the last 3 cut pictures..... the first picture is only a little larger than the screen, so it is not so bad.

That's less than half of the original I think. I hope you all have high speed!!

I have DSL, but man I feel bad for those with dial-up :angry: