COINTEST: ACTUAL COINTEST HAS ARRIVED

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

WOW, I've been getting quite an amazing response, and most of you have been right. I have also been getting some amazing wrong answers. So many answers are coming in that I will not be replying individually to any (Right or Wrong). During these practice rounds, Sometime after the five have gotten in, I will post the correct answer for all to see. When the ACTUAL COINTEST arrives, I will post the correct answer sometime after all the top twenty spots are taken. Remember to email your answers even if you think the top spots are filled, as some of them may have been wrong. You are welcome to make more than one guess, and your answer will count if it arives in time.

In Practice Round Three, He is not on the ground, He is not in the tree, He is not on the fence, and He will not eat Green Eggs and Ham.

tadpole379 has circled Roswell for us in this picture for Round 3

c5d952d8-5096-46da-898f-ee56a8cb963.jpg

Sending email!!! :D

I am done, hope my eyes are not plaving tricks on me :D

This one is hard :D

Email sent.......but not too sure if I'm seeing him or not LOL! :)

Ali :D

E-mail sent.

Rain days are fun. I drive Belly dump and being we gravel roads, well, mud is hard to spread!

Hopefully the grater man can grade off a new road and we can work later today!

message sent. hope i got it right!

These were the first five correct answers I received in Practice Round Three.

You can all take a break for now, I have to get to work, but I could post another Practice Round at any time...Just not right now. You have at least till this evening to relax!

did you get my photo too? :)

I followed the link (the pic with the red arrow). This one was handy when I went through the email this morning. I'll be adding imaged to the forst two Rounds with Roswell circled as well. The Pics are great, but remember they should be secondary to your first email answer. I have been gettind all the top spots filled within 2-4 minutes, so taking time to fix the picture should be done after you have made your bid for a top spot.

I really am glad for these Practice Rounds, so we can all get used to how is the best way to get in a top spot.

That was exactly where I was trying to describe in my email for the last one - not sure if I made any sense. In the bush on the left between 5 and 6 PM ~ maybe I should have said not on the ground and how far up. Fun anyway.

Yes, that was a good description, just not in the first five. There will be more chances to practice before wi go for the coins.

Practice Round Five...The Mad Woman

85089927-09f2-4017-b834-bcfc41f4091b.jpg

I had a little trouble with this one, so i just had to add it in, even though it's the hardest one so far. If you look in the very back of the McDonalds there is a woman eating lunch...When she saw me taking these pictures, she rushed out and said "Excuse me...Who told you that you could take pictures here?"

I guess WalMart has a policy that forbids photography in the store without permission. This Woman had a very rude manner in which to inform me, so she ended up getting a talk from her boss. Next time I'll have to ask first.

I had a little trouble with this one, so i just had to add it in, even though it's the hardest one so far. If you look in the very back of the McDonalds there is a woman eating lunch...When she saw me taking these pictures, she rushed out and said "Excuse me...Who told you that you could take pictures here?"

I'll mostly bite my tongue, but, if you search my previous posts, you will see how I deal with people like her :D

Ok, just woke up and had to check this thread. Submitted my answers for the last two rounds. Practice Round 5 was VERY difficult (to me anyway).

I like the idea of submitting a picture with the spot circled after your written description as I am finding it hard to explain where the little guy is!

Ok, just woke up and had to check this thread. Submitted my answers for the last two rounds. Practice Round 5 was VERY difficult (to me anyway).

I like the idea of submitting a picture with the spot circled after your written description as I am finding it hard to explain where the little guy is!

:D and trust me...it is even more difficult when English is not your language! :D

These are so much FUN!

That was a really hard one :D You are getting tricky

Sounds like you had some fun taking the pics for this :laughing:

Email sent but not sure at all about this one!!! :D

That must have been a horrible feeling when that woman came out to you LOL.....and even a worse time trying to explain what you were doing! :rolleyes:

Ali

Hello to all! Bach to bussiness! I am sending email for both that I missed! :sunsure:

And tadpole379 were the first five in Practice Round Five! There will be only one more Practice Round, and it will be slightly different than the first Five

:D and trust me...it is even more difficult when English is not your language! :laughing:

Sometimes I think English ISN'T my first language...! :D

"Email sent but I don't know how to attach a pic to a message through your profile." <--- ME NEITHER!

I guess we could paste a link to the uploaded pic though. I will try that I think.

:D and trust me...it is even more difficult when English is not your language! :laughing:

Sometimes I think English ISN'T my first language...! :D

"Email sent but I don't know how to attach a pic to a message through your profile." <--- ME NEITHER!

I guess we could paste a link to the uploaded pic though. I will try that I think.

Some players have sent me links to edited versions of the picture, but I think you'll do better with the written description. The answers are coming in very quickly, and taking the time to save/edit/upload/link will most likely drop you out of the top spots. For those who question the ability to answer well enough in english, all the answers I have gotten so far have been plenty clear for me to understand. As long as you don't mix up things like Top/Bottom and Left/Right, then you should do fine.

Who won the fourth round?

The first five to answer correctly in Practice Round Four were.....

He is back again :D

E-mail sent with my solution + a question about the pic...

Email sent, although I don't think I'm right... It's way late and I'm way tired...

Email sent....I think I've spotted him...... but as usual, I'm anything but overly confident LOL!

Ali :laughing::D

Email sent!

And...Fairyhoney

For a final Practice Round, there will be a slight change to the process.

I will post three pictures in one post.

You may only provide an answer for one picture.

All three pictures will have Roswell in them.

Each picture will have a title.

Choose one picture that will be the one you send an answer for.

Make sure you include that pictures title in your answer.

The first five correct answers for EACH picture will go on the list for Raffle Tickets.

The Round will stay open until I have Five correct answers for each picture.

This is different than before, and should allow others to have a better chance at getting in the first five. For example, if twelve emails come in for picture number one, only the first five of those go on the list. The others in that group have lost their chance in that Round. Meanwhile, if emails 13- 22 are split evenly over the second two pictures then all ten of those will go on the list.

If you choose to post in the forum to let everyone know which picture you answered (giving them a chance to determine if they still have a shot for that one), you may do that.

If you choose to keep your choice a secret (maybe getting others to waste their shot on a choice that is all used up) then you may do that as well.

Sooo....It will be important to do all three of these....

Send in your answer quickly, and

Chose a picture that does not already have five correct answers, and

Give a correct description of Roswell's hiding spot.

We have a little time to get all this cleared up before I will be able to post that Round, so if you have questions about all this, let's discuss it here.

No questions :rolleyes:

I´ll be guessing, but I think I won´t send you my guess. I was lucky enough on the tickets :D But I will be back for the coins :sunsure::D

This cointest is really a lot fun, I like these picture riddles you are creating :laughing:

I'm going to be aiming for a title change when the ACTUAL COINTEST gets near, and will give fair warning before a COIN picture is posted. I have you down for 4 sets of Raffle Tickets. When you get them, I'll leave it up to you how many you keep (they can win TBs for you), and how many you share (with other players, or into caches)

You guys have given me a great response and made it a lot of fun for me too.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Do you have a printout that you leave with the tickets? I'd like to place a bunch of the tickets I've won in caches and just wonder what kind of instructions you leave with them.

The tickets are stamped on the back of each and then laminated, with this info

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Umm...Where'm I Goin'?

Check My Profile for Winning Numbers

www.GeoCaching.com

While this may be a little more challenging for one who does not speak english, it should do well enough. For anyone dropping them in a Non-English speaking place, the same info could be translated and added on a piece of paper? or you could share extras with friends, and just tell them what they are for.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT