COINTEST: ACTUAL COINTEST HAS ARRIVED

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

OK, my first COINTEST is in the works, but first let's get some idea of how it will work. I'll post a photo, and somewhere in it will be a hidden coin. See the ammendment below for the winner selection process.

Here's a little practice for you.

Roswell looks like this...73d1bb71-5bd0-4440-a1c6-6af0d86856bf.jpg

Umm...He's the Alien TB, not the Dinosaur(and not the guy walking in the background).

Your first (PRACTICE) Challenge is to find Roswell in this image...

c4ce7cfd-507d-4291-ac7c-8e8fa67ead4f.jpg

BTW, This one's EASY...I'll graduate up a few practice rounds before I post the ACTUAL COINTEST image(which will not be easy) I'm aiming for about a week or so. Good Luck

In the practice rounds, the first five players to E-MAIL me the right answer can receive a packet of my Raffle Tickets mailed to them. Let's shoot for 5 practice rounds(each round will be a new image of Roswell) before the ACTUAL COINTEST begins

As in so many other Cointests...I make the rules, and I am the final judge of any winning answers.

Edited to make ammendments in the COINTEST as follows:

It is clear that players will jump very quiclky on a COINTEST, so it seems I should have a different method of determining the winners(other than the first one person) so when a COIN is at stake we will do it in a drawing.

First correct answer will get 10 chances in the drawing

next four will get 5 chances

next five will get 2 chances

next ten will get 1 chance

So...twenty people will have a chance to win the coin in the drawing, but the first five will have the greatest chance. I have not yet decided if there will be multiple prizes in the drawing, or if there will be a repeat of the COINTEST with a new picture.

Since they will all go to the same place and be time stamped, it's going to be easier for me if the notes come from an email through my geocaching profile. I'm glad I decided to do some practice sessions to get all the kinks worked out, both for me and the players.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Found him! :o

email sent :D

I love this idea! Email sent.

Email sent

These four, and also "Celtic Cache Trio" and "BilLow" are the winners of Raffle Tickets in the first round. There were six all within two minutes, so I will make it a tie, and will make the next one harder!!

You will be able to win more than one packet of Raffle Tickets, and they will all be mailed out at the end of the cointest. To read about the "Roaming Raffle", look up my profile and follow the link there

Since they will all go to the same place and be time stamped, it's going to be easier for me if the notes come from an email through my geocaching profile. I'm glad I decided to do some practice sessions to get all the kinks worked out, both for me and the players.

Please read the Original Post again for some ammendments to how the coin winner will be decided.

I'm not going to say, but here are some clues

d437acc8-3ae7-400f-93b0-adfdca7322ca.jpg7d02500c-770d-4079-8238-dd5c6ec106c5.jpg1d19f122-72fa-4979-88b6-b5bc7b21c107.jpg11dcd8c2-0cce-4da4-b6b9-0ef23cb7710f.jpg

Are you starting a cointest? :o

I don't have enough coins yet to have a Cointest, but I will have one some day, and it will involve close examination of my photos.

I guess this is it?

Thank you for holding this cointest, it´s fun, although I didn´t eve get the chance on a guess :D

I'm not going to say, but here are some clues

d437acc8-3ae7-400f-93b0-adfdca7322ca.jpg7d02500c-770d-4079-8238-dd5c6ec106c5.jpg1d19f122-72fa-4979-88b6-b5bc7b21c107.jpg11dcd8c2-0cce-4da4-b6b9-0ef23cb7710f.jpg

Are you starting a cointest? :o

I don't have enough coins yet to have a Cointest, but I will have one some day, and it will involve close examination of my photos.

I guess this is it?

Thank you for holding this cointest, it´s fun, although I didn´t eve get the chance on a guess :D

Yes, this is it...I determined that I do in fact own some of a Coin that is unlikely to be in most collections, so I'm going ahead with the COINTEST. No worries, we are only in the PRACTICE rounds, and I will post practice images at different times of the day(or night). Maybe you will see one after all the Americans have gone to bed!!

OK, that's the end of Practice Round One. Roswell is standing in the grass by the Dinosaur's tail.

Here's a new picture of Roswell for Practice Round Two. This one is still EASY.

fa37e495-0ca5-4aaa-a47d-e00a1a7419e8.jpg

Remember to give a good description of his hiding spot to make sure I give you credit for a correct answer. Also remember that you can still get more Packets of Raffle Tickets, even if you're already on the list.

I didn;t quite get it....I have to look in the photo to find him? Well...I will send you the email right now!!

Yes, that's the correct way to play. Find Roswell in the picture, then send me an email describing where he is hiding. First five correct answers go on the list for some Raffle Tickets(these are practice prizes for a seperate Raffle from the Cointest Drawing...see my Roaming raffle Travel Bug)

Roswells pictures are a chance for me to work out the kinks in the COINTEST, and for you all to get some practice for when the timing really matters.

I didn;t quite get it....I have to look in the photo to find him? Well...I will send you the email right now!!

I have sent one too, hopefully with good enough description :D

Is there something I gotta do now?

I've sent one too.......but I'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me or if I've described where I think he is well enough lol :D:o

You three are good to go!!

To everyone else remember DO NOT POST the answers here in the forums. It's good to post a quick note that you have sent an answer, but DO NOT reveal the answer in public. Thanks, and Good Luck. We may have more than 5 practice rounds.

I have sent one too, hopefully with good enough description :o

Is there something I gotta do now?

I've sent one too.......but I'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me or if I've described where I think he is well enough lol :D:D

E-mail sent. I am glad it is raining here. Other wise I'd be at work!

Thanks for the fun!

Email sent but a bit slow in posting :D

These are the five winners of Raffle Tickets for Practice Round Two. I've got you all on a list (with the first six from Round One), and we will worry about addresses after all the practice rounds are complete. It looks like this is a fun game, so I'll likely be making multiple rounds once the ACTUAL COINTEST if begun. Each Coin I give away will have it's own photo and drawing(these drawings are a completely seperate thing from the Roaming raffle, which the current Raffle Tickets are for).

Even if you are not in the first five answers, send it anyway to make sure you are correct.

E-mail sent.

Rain days are fun. I drive Belly dump and being we gravel roads, well, mud is hard to spread!

Hopefully the grater man can grade off a new road and we can work later today!

Dardavle my friend! how are you? Iti s rainning there? I thought you had summer too! :o

E-mail sent.

Rain days are fun. I drive Belly dump and being we gravel roads, well, mud is hard to spread!

Dardavle my friend! how are you? Iti s rainning there? I thought you had summer too! :o

Still having problems with me name I see! LOLOLOL :D I am doing just fine. Family is doing well,

I have been out fishing a little, and with gas as high priced as it is I bought a Motorcycle! The rain has let up but the gravel roads we work on may be too wet! I hope all is well with you also! Take care!

Dardevle

E-mail sent.

Still having problems with me name I see! LOLOLOL :D I am doing just fine. Family is doing well,

I have been out fishing a little, and with gas as high priced as it is I bought a Motorcycle! The rain has let up but the gravel roads we work on may be too wet! I hope all is well with you also! Take care!

Dardevle

Oh Boy! I was wrong in your name again!!! Sorry!!! :D