The Brahean Geocoin

dimkasmir

:) Why do you have to list these on eBay when I am poor as a church mouse? :rolleyes:

...and why did you have only 25 of each minted instead of offering them as a presale ?

I like them but they are already too expensive for me.

Are you trying to finance a new project ?

Sorry for not replying. I actually am financing a "new project", but unfortunately not a geocoin-related one :grin: . I am trying to save up money to purchase a new camera... which I will partly use to photograph geocoins ;) . However, in the geocoin realm, I am indeed SLOWLY working on a design (school really gets in the way of geocoins) which will be sold on presale like the Braheans when it is complete.

:P Why do you have to list these on eBay when I am poor as a church mouse? :P

...and why did you have only 25 of each minted instead of offering them as a presale ?

Sorry for not replying. I actually am financing a "new project", but unfortunately not a geocoin-related one :P . I am trying to save up money to purchase a new camera... which I will partly use to photograph geocoins :D . However, in the geocoin realm, I am indeed SLOWLY working on a design (school really gets in the way of geocoins) which will be sold on presale like the Braheans when it is complete.

Wow ! These are selling at really high price : total of 400$ for the first 5 coins.

Did you get your camera yet ? If so, which one did you get ?

Any chance of having these versions up for regular sale after you bought your camera ?

Edited by SecretChief

:mad: Why do you have to list these on eBay when I am poor as a church mouse? B)

Sorry for not replying. I actually am financing a "new project", but unfortunately not a geocoin-related one :) . I am trying to save up money to purchase a new camera... which I will partly use to photograph geocoins :D . However, in the geocoin realm, I am indeed SLOWLY working on a design (school really gets in the way of geocoins) which will be sold on presale like the Braheans when it is complete.

Wow ! These are selling at really high price : total of 400$ for the first 5 coins.

Any chance of having these versions up for regular sale after you bought your camera ?

Yes, the coins really are selling even better than I expected. I have only recently earned the money to cover production prices so it'll take some more time to reach my goal.

If you're interested, the camera I'll probably be getting is a Canon XSi.

After I do sell enough coins, I doubt I'll be putting up these versions on regular sale but it is likely that I will be trading them.

Thanks everyone for your support and interest!

:mad: Why do you have to list these on eBay when I am poor as a church mouse? B)

Sorry for not replying. I actually am financing a "new project", but unfortunately not a geocoin-related one :) . I am trying to save up money to purchase a new camera... which I will partly use to photograph geocoins :D . However, in the geocoin realm, I am indeed SLOWLY working on a design (school really gets in the way of geocoins) which will be sold on presale like the Braheans when it is complete.

Yes, the coins really are selling even better than I expected. I have only recently earned the money to cover production prices so it'll take some more time to reach my goal.

If you're interested, the camera I'll probably be getting is a Canon XSi.

After I do sell enough coins, I doubt I'll be putting up these versions on regular sale but it is likely that I will be trading them.

Thanks everyone for your support and interest!

Well,

What geocoin does one have to have to make a trade for a 100.00 coin?????? Do you have a list???

I don't want to insult the designer but according to me this is still a 10$ coin like any others.

and why did you have only 25 of each minted instead of offering them as a presale ?

It's just that people are willing to pay more since it is very limited.

Good questions that deserve answers. I'll give it a shot. You have answered most of your own questions. A $5 - $10 production cost for a small run (incl mail from China to the US) sounds about right. The prices these coins are fetching is due to their limited numbers (availability). If he reminted them they would no longer be XLE's and the people that bought them wouldn't be happy. It would kill the trust that an LE/XLE is a limited number coin. I'd stop purchasing them. While I won't be rushing out to buy these coins at their current values, I take some comfort in the fact that their prices are due to their limited numbers. I asssume you were referring to him putting the remainders of each version up for regular sale (rather than reminting) once he has covered his production and camera costs. He could do that or he could give them away as part of a cointest. I am writing this more for the newbees who may not be aware of the whole LE/XLE thing.

Edited by haysonics

I don't want to insult the designer but according to me this is still a 10$ coin like any others.

and why did you have only 25 of each minted instead of offering them as a presale ?

It's just that people are willing to pay more since it is very limited.

Good questions that deserve answers. I'll give it a shot. You have answered most of your own questions. A $5 - $10 production cost for a small run (incl mail from China to the US) sounds about right. The prices these coins are fetching is due to their limited numbers (availability). If he reminted them they would no longer be XLE's and the people that bought them wouldn't be happy. It would kill the trust that an LE/XLE is a limited number coin. I'd stop purchasing them. While I won't be rushing out to buy these coins at their current values, I take some comfort in the fact that their prices are due to their limited numbers. I asssume you were referring to him putting the remainders of each version up for regular sale (rather than reminting) once he has covered his production and camera costs. He could do that or he could give them away as part of a cointest. I am writing this more for the newbees who may not be aware of the whole LE/XLE thing.

Thank you for explaining that haysonics. After I sell enough of the coins I will not put the rest up for regular sale but I will probably have them for trades and maybe some cointests.

how about a remint for us poor folk... a large remint?

That would be unkind to the folk who paid $$$ on ebay for them... unless it was a different metal i guess.

yes, new metal for sure, would never imagine doing something like that to the people are willing to pay the money for these. Though they are beautiful and I wish I had the money for one! I'd love to get one of these coins eventually! I seem to only want coins that will cost me an arm and a leg, lol!

Quite honestly, I resent the ebay only option. Guess I'll be boycotting your coins.

Me 2 :)

Posting here every hour on how the auction is going on Ebay when these were not offered here is pretty cheezy.

I've got a couple of the originals I will make available to trade since I won't be keeping them in the collection.... they're too thick and don't fit any of my binders... and I feel toyed with and manipulated by this thread.

Edited by Droo

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am done with the eBay selling process and have purchased my camera! I apologize to everyone who were not happy with the sales.

Now, however, I am open to trade the coins that I have remaining. So, I will try to form a seeking list soon but for now I will gladly consider any offer. I have a few of all 4 of the Brahean limited editions available: AE, LE, Mars, Neptune. Please contact me through my profile if you are interested! I look forward to trading!

I would like to announce the final two editions of the Brahean series! :(

braheanEclipse.jpg

This new 2-coin set is a continuation of the general astronomical theme of the Brahean geocoin. This time instead of traveling to other planets in our solar system, I have decided to explore its very heart - the sun.

These two editions are a very tight set because both thematically and color-wise they are the opposites of each other.

Each of the two editions, the Solar Eclipse and the Lunar Eclipse has a limited 25 coin mintage and, like the previous limited editions has its name along with a consecutive number engraved on the edge.

Although these coins will be primarily trade only, I will be selling sell a very small amount - just 10 pieces (5 sets) - on eBay prior to trading. I will update this thread when each coin is listed. After I finish the sales, I will begin trading and you can also expect a cointest or two.

I hope everyone enjoys this ultimate chapter in the Brahean saga! :mad:

The first of the Solar Eclipse Editions is up on

eBay!

solar.jpg

You can click here to see the listing.

Although, as I said, this coin is primarily for trading purposes, I will start negotiating trades after I have finished selling the limited number of coins that I plan on putting up.

Thanks to everyone who has expressed their compliments about this new edition and has supported me in this design since the very beginning! :anibad:

Although, as I said, this coin is primarily for trading purposes, I will start negotiating trades after I have finished selling the limited number of coins that I plan on putting up.

What kinds of trades are you looking for -- do you have a "most wanted" list somewhere?