The Brahean Geocoin

dimkasmir

The Brahean coins are now listed on CoinCodes.com, but when I entered my tracking number, the site was unable to find the activation code? :D

Maybe they need just a little more time; they're probably uploading all the numbers as I write this. :D

Just to be sure that nothing is wrong with the tracking numbers, mine start with T U _ _ _ _ :D

The codes are now up. However the coins start with CP not TU.

Thanks,

Eric

The Brahean coins are now listed on CoinCodes.com, but when I entered my tracking number, the site was unable to find the activation code? :D

Maybe they need just a little more time; they're probably uploading all the numbers as I write this. :D

Just to be sure that nothing is wrong with the tracking numbers, mine start with T U _ _ _ _ :D

Thanks,

Eric

That's strange. All the ones I have start with a pretty random pair of letters such as AD, FA, VI, NU, etc.

Thanks,

Eric

I thought something might be wrong... the number on my antique braonze coin is very light (barely readable) and the number is TUEPAH. :D

Is it possible that this is a sample or something? :D

Thanks,

Eric

I thought something might be wrong... the number on my antique braonze coin is very light (barely readable) and the number is TUEPAH. :D

Is it possible that this is a sample or something? :D

All of my coins have similar strange numbers. I have sent CoinsAndPins an email.

Thanks,

Eric

That's strange. All the ones I have start with a pretty random pair of letters such as AD, FA, VI, NU, etc.

Yep, strange indeed, mine start with GU and the message I get each time is "We were unable to locate any of your tracking numbers, please try again"

Has anyone been able to activate one at all or one without starting code of CP?

Hello,

We have just become aware of the issue with the incorrect numbers etched on the coins and are currently working on a fix for this. Since it is Thanksgiving weekend we will not be able to have a resolve until sometime next week since the offices we need to talk to are currently closed for the holidays. We will post in here again once we have a plan implemented. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, but we will have a fix for it and notify every one of the details.

Thank you

Hello,

We have just become aware of the issue with the incorrect numbers etched on the coins and are currently working on a fix for this. Since it is Thanksgiving weekend we will not be able to have a resolve until sometime next week since the offices we need to talk to are currently closed for the holidays. We will post in here again once we have a plan implemented. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, but we will have a fix for it and notify every one of the details.

Thank you

I wasn't planning on activating the two I got so I probably would never have noticed this problem. One starts with "SA" and the other with "HU". I'm glad y'all are on top of things around here! :D Eagerly and patiently awaiting a solution... :D

CF30

Thanks,

Eric

Could that be the activation codes they put on the coins?

Maybe they need just a little more time; they're probably uploading all the numbers as I write this. :anibad:

Just to be sure that nothing is wrong with the tracking numbers, mine start with T U _ _ _ _ :)

Thanks,

Eric

Could that be the activation codes they put on the coins?

Indeed, this is the same impression I share.

As a coin addicted, I know that the codes on my coins

<Removed by moderator at the request of the poster>

are no tracking but activation codes.

The coins are simply worthless even if one would get its proper tracking code.

Guess, this will become a very expensive coin project for coinsandpins if they need to replace the whole lot to the clients. :D

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

We received our coin the other day. Seems nice. Unfortunately the pin holding it together came out so it was completely apart in the package. I have to email C&P about it. Oh well.

Its the same with one of my coins. But I think they will have to exchange the whole lot anyway.

Can we send these back for a refund?

Of course you can. Once we get your returned coins back and get them fixed, we will then resell them to other people who missed the pre-sale and have been asking about getting some of these. But it is better for you to send us an email requesting the refund since we do not handle business transactions through the forums.

Thank you.

Of course you can. Once we get your returned coins back and get them fixed, we will then resell them to other people who missed the pre-sale and have been asking about getting some of these. But it is better for you to send us an email requesting the refund since we do not handle business transactions through the forums.

Thank you.

Email sent. :)

Thank you.

Thanks. Will send email.

OK, now I am confused. Do we ALL need to send an email to you? I just want to get my coins fixed, if not, then of course I would like a refund.

So are we still in a holding pattern with the "fix" option?

What is the time line we are looking at?

Thanks for any info!

I'm on the fixing side of the fence and besides, I would hate to see CoinsAndPins eat the cost of this coin; it sounds like a mistake made by the overseas mint anyway... solving an international situation like this may take some time and delicacy. :)

Would still love the reassurance of some periodic updates though. :)

I would hate to see CoinsAndPins eat the cost of this coin; it sounds like a mistake made by the overseas mint anyway...

Me too. But why send the mint activation codes in the first place? The mint probably isn't to fault. The only way I can see this being resolved is if we all give back the coins and they get reminted. Maybe there are other options, I just can't see them. ;)

OK, now I am confused. Do we ALL need to send an email to you? I just want to get my coins fixed, if not, then of course I would like a refund.

So are we still in a holding pattern with the "fix" option?

What is the time line we are looking at?

Thanks for any info!

I am sorry for the confusion, but my “return” statement only referred to AtlantaGal’s question about if someone wanted to return the coins for a refund. There is no need to return the coins if you are waiting on the tracking numbers to be fix. Once the fix is complete, we will send an email notifying everyone when they are fixed and of any pertinent details that may have come up during the fixing process.

I am unsure of a firm timeline yet of when the fix will be completed. I have frequent contact with Groundspeak about it and they are working it diligently and have made significant progress. We are hoping it will be done by Friday, but there could be some unexpected delays, especially due to the holiday schedules.

Thank you.

I would hate to see CoinsAndPins eat the cost of this coin; it sounds like a mistake made by the overseas mint anyway...

Me too. But why send the mint activation codes in the first place? The mint probably isn't to fault. The only way I can see this being resolved is if we all give back the coins and they get reminted. Maybe there are other options, I just can't see them. ;)

Why can't the CPXXXX or whatever original tracking number be used at the activation code for the coins we have? It should be a matter of plugging them in the database on GC's end as activation codes rather than tracking number. Using the code on the coin as the tracking number instead. Both are unique apparently. A bigger problem would be a single activation code for all the coins.

...and look at the price some "error" coins are going for... :D

Ok, so I'm really not trying to be stupid. But I'm super coinfused now. Five times the word "fix" was mentioned in the update post, but not once was the fix ever defined. What exactly is the fix? Is it top secret? Cuz I ended up with one of these little things, and I'm curious. You obviously know what the fix is, otherwise the fix would be in, and the jig would be up. ;)

TMA

Avroair, we are working this to the best benefit we can for the customer whether you think you know how we operate our business or not. Your posting of poor information only causes people to think off track with non-factual information. You are more than welcome to return the coins for a full refund. We already have a list of people waiting for us to sell them fixed coins that have been returned from people who do not want to wait for the fix.

Thank you.

Ok, so I'm really not trying to be stupid. But I'm super coinfused now. Five times the word "fix" was mentioned in the update post, but not once was the fix ever defined. What exactly is the fix? Is it top secret? Cuz I ended up with one of these little things, and I'm curious. You obviously know what the fix is, otherwise the fix would be in, and the jig would be up. ;)

TMA

I am sorry for not defining it earlier; but yes, we are trying to have the activation codes and tracking numbers swapped in the system. This is not top secret, but regardless of the details of how the coins are fixed, the important thing is that it gets fixed. The process of swapping the numbers is not easy and very time consuming since it must be manually done, and since there are many variables that must be overcome in the Groundspeak system since it does not allow certain kinds of tracking numbers. As we promised previously, we will get it fixed one way or another as we always have in the past with any problem coins whether they are problems in a batch or just one coin.

Thank you.

I have problems in opening th last posts, to get an update of what`s going on with the Brahean coins.

Maybe thru my post I will be informed.

Too bad that I cannot read the posts. Everytime I try to open the last ones (18th.dec.) comes up...error!!!

Hopefully you can read this post. Aaron said Groundspeak is working to swap the CP prefix codes to act as the activation code.

--------------------

I did get instructions in email on how to return my coins, but since you're closed from 12/23 through 1/4, if they're fixed by then, I'll probably just keep them. Losing the shipping costs and 15% restocking charges hardly seems fair. I'd probably do better trading them. Hopefully they're fixed by early January.

Edited by AtlantaGal

I did get instructions in email on how to return my coins, but since you're closed from 12/23 through 1/4, if they're fixed by then, I'll probably just keep them. Losing the shipping costs and 15% restocking charges hardly seems fair. I'd probably do better trading them. Hopefully they're fixed by early January.

Actually AG, if you would read the last section of our returns policy then you would see that is says:

If we make a batch error on a set of coins, then we will reimburse for shipping charges under these conditions:

1. The retuned items must be returned in the same condition or better as how we sent them

2. The returned items must be packaged safely and securely.

3. We will reimburse for the cost of ground shipping. The customer may ship at a higher priority at their expense if they choose to.

4. We will not reimburse for insurance, delivery confirmation, packaging supplies, labels, or any other extra shipping/mailing options or time expended in packaging or waiting at the shipping center.

5. We will not accept packages that require a signature of receipt.

6. The refund will be issued after we receive the items and all conditions are met.

Also, just because we are closed during the holidays does not mean we will not be working this coin issue; we will be working it over the holidays. If you would have emailed us and asked the questions there, then you could prevent spreading incorrect information among the community.

Edit to add: Please Atlantagal, return the coins you have; I am eagerly awaiting to receive your coins along with some other people on our waiting list who are awaiting for yours to be returned.

Edited by CoinsAndPins