The Brahean Geocoin

dimkasmir

I am currently working with C&P on a new, double spinning geocoin. It is based on a painting by Cellarius which depicts the Brahean world system. The center of the coin will be an actual 3d sphere. It will be 2" diameter, trackable on Geocaching. It will probably be sold under the Coinsandpins presale program and if 250 or more coins are presold, it will have a custom icon. Please let me know what you think about it. Here is the die art. You can click on it to see a larger version.

braheancoin.jpg

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

That looks awesome.

I'm new to collecting anything but generic geocoins, so how much would one of these cost?

If you are just starting out it doesn't really matter what this one costs. What matters is the cost of the next one...and the next one...and the next one...and the one after that... and the one after that...oh wait, that one's cool too...gotta have this one...oooo, shiney!... Before you know it you are on all the mailing lists and eating Top Ramen or macaroni and cheese for every meal! :o

That looks awesome.

I'm new to collecting anything but generic geocoins, so how much would one of these cost?

If you are just starting out it doesn't really matter what this one costs. What matters is the cost of the next one...and the next one...and the next one...and the one after that... and the one after that...oh wait, that one's cool too...gotta have this one...oooo, shiney!... Before you know it you are on all the mailing lists and eating Top Ramen or macaroni and cheese for every meal! :D

I think I'm well on my way to getting there... I looked at my bank account before work and just about pooped myself... :D

Then I promptly found more coins I wanted and ordered them... :o

This looks like a cool coin! I like everything that spins and moves, so I guess this coin is for me :)

Maybe this one is for you too, it´s spinning also :huh:

344_0.jpg

this is awesome! what coin is this, i love space stuff.

lara

This coin is called the Eureka Geocoin, I like it very much myself.

We ended up making a few more updates of the art but here is the actually final version. We have made the babies in clouds on the back of the outer ring slightly larger, fixed the alignment of a word on the front of the outer ring, and added the coin thicknesses. To make it interesting, the outer ring will be 5mm thick while the inner will be a millimeter thinner for a 3d feel. We have started samples which should be ready in about 2 to 3 weeks.

6ACP-01904-mod.jpg

Edited by dimkasmir

The samples should be complete next week! They are being made in three finishes: antique bronze, antique silver, and antique copper.

Samples are complete! They were done in antique bronze and antique silver. I will receive a bronze sample for myself which should have been mailed out by C&P today. They are currently photographing both samples and I will post the photos as soon as I get them.