Geocaching Greeting Cards

TMDMom

I've been thinking about making my own swag for awhile (yes, I know, another thread about swag...), and since I'm a stamper, I came up with a set of four Geocaching themed greeting cards. I also include the envelopes and put them in a sealed plastic baggie.

I'm wondering if people will actually use these, and for what other occasions would they like card designs.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Here's what I've come up with so far. Subject to change due to artistic license.

Ammo Can Birthday Card (this is actually the same card...the scan of the open card is the actual color. The camera washed out the olive color on the closed picture)

5168eee7-40af-4570-959e-0c9df14137e1.jpg

7bf1658e-f504-4940-af45-0bce753c7d11.jpg

Fathers Day GPS card:

e54953a3-dd36-4743-9d5c-d769239a713a.jpg

G+ logo congratulations card:

8aa6b94c-9b9f-45a8-b936-b72ffba73264.jpg

G+ logo blank sentiment card:

19613448-df45-4906-8f50-8eff4a90ff1f.jpg

Like your cards a lot. Don't know how good they'd hold up in a cache - have to avoid the leaky ones. (wonder if you could sell them)

I got some blank notecards from a charity in the mail- Pretty cards -each one with a different bird on them. I put them in an ammo can cache at the audoban society sanctuary. I knew the ammo can didn't leak, but I do wonder about the glue on the envelopes. Could condensation form inside the ammo can or could humidity seal them shut? I put them in a plastic bag and sealed it with packing tape. May have even double wrapped them in plastic. Haven't left any more notecards in caches because I wonder how they faired.

Thanks y'all! That's a good thought about the envelopes...maybe I'll get the kind with the peel away strip next time instead of the moisten and seal kind. I've only put them in a few caches so far, and they were all very dry, so hopefully no one will be disappointed with a soggy set of cards.

love them!

will you be selling them at all?

I wasn't planning on it right now, but if someone really wanted some, I guess we could work something out. I'm not prepared to mass produce them in a short time period.

Ahh, i dont blame you, but i think they would be cool presents for my aunts, who got me geocaching to begin with!

They are great. :) In all seriousness, I think there would be a market for geocaching cards, of all kinds. I went to find or make my own Christmas ones this year and they were lame. :D Somebody will eventually jump on this and make a few bucks! I would love to find them in a cache. Just be sure to put them in caches that would tend to stay "drier" and are up off the ground and hidden under something so they have less chance of getting ruined.