Unable to select "route calculation data" in Mapsource

I have loaded the states near me from CNNT 2008 in Mapsource into my Legend HCx. I decided to go back and reload all the maps from City Navigator North America NT 2008. I am unable to select the box at bottom left in Mapsource that reads "Include route calculation data". If I load the maps, will it calculate routes if I do not check this box or am I doing something wrong? I almost remember checking this box the first time I loaded maps and the unit does auto route with the segments I have loaded thus far, but now the box is grayed out.

Thanks

Edited by groundhog123

The box only comes into play when you have a map product that can autoroute, but can also be used on units that do not autoroute.

A good example of this is the old MGv4, etc. You could elect to send routing data to an autorouting gps but deselect it for non-routing units, as the routing info would consume ~half of the mapspace with no benefit on those units.

The inability to toggle that button is one of the reasons, IMO, that the CN is not shown to be compatible with non-autorouting units. (That and how routes are uploaded).

Edited by fratermus

The box only comes into play when you have a map product that can autoroute, but can also be used on units that do not autoroute.

Not always. The OP is using a Legend HCx, which autoroutes, and CNNA 2008 NT, which autoroutes.

I have loaded the states near me from CNNT 2008 in Mapsource into my Legend HCx. I decided to go back and reload all the maps from City Navigator North America NT 2008. I am unable to select the box at bottom left in Mapsource that reads "Include route calculation data". If I load the maps, will it calculate routes if I do not check this box or am I doing something wrong? I almost remember checking this box the first time I loaded maps and the unit does auto route with the segments I have loaded thus far, but now the box is grayed out.

It’s a good thing you don’t remember for sure checking it the first time. That would be cause for concern. :huh:

NT versions of CN send the route calculation data by default. There isn’t any way to not send it; but rather than show the box checked and grayed out, indicating this, Garmin’s software engineers made it show unchecked and grayed out. :lol: It sends the route calculation data, and…if you load them, it will route. :lol: