• Lithuanian stashnote added to /seek page
  • "Flashlight Required" attribute image fixed
  • "Flashlight Required" no longer breaks Pocket Queries
  • Added a number of enhancements to the Bookmarks page
  • Fixed exploit which prevented blank logs from being deleted
  • Disabled caches now properly displayed with strike out in watchlists
  • Added an email validation check to instant notification creation page
  • Added zoom in/zoom out buttons to default google map on Cache detail page
  • Field Notes from Garmin Colorado now recognize waypoints with less than 7 characters
  • Special characters in the "placed by" cache field now properly displayed in search results
  • Site will no longer reject email addresses with more than three "." or other special characters
  • Directional designators on the report a new cache page are now imported from your home coordinates

Please let us know in this thread about any problems related to this update. If you want to discuss any of the items in this list please create a new thread. Thanks!

Edit: Please be sure to close any instances of Geocaching.com running on your browser and clear your browser cache if you have trouble viewing the maps.

Edited by OpinioNate

Please let us know in this thread about any problems related to this update.

Edit: Please be sure to close any instances of Geocaching.com running on your browser and clear your browser cache if you have trouble viewing the maps.

I see that you are already aware of the issue of maps not showing up on the cache pages. I'm adding this message just so others that view this thread can see that you are working on it.

Yikes! I just noticed that the thread I mentioned above is very old. I'm missing maps on all cache pages that I've tried today. I've tried on two different XP computers, one with IE6 and one with IE7.

Edited by knowschad

The maps show up but you can not click on the red tack and the line of nunbers that had been below the map are no longer showing up for those people that use that feature.

I got ride of the numbers. If you notice now, there are + and - icons on the top right of the map. Clicking those will now zoom in and out. Also there is an [i] on the right side of the map. That's got a cool feature too :lol:

Edited by Raine

The maps show up but you can not click on the red tack and the line of nunbers that had been below the map are no longer showing up for those people that use that feature.

I got ride of the numbers. I you notice now, there are + and - icons on the top right of the map. Clicking those will now zoom in and out. Also there is an [i] on the right side of the map. That's got a cool feature too :lol:

Nice! Me likes very much!

Now, about that WAP-Map.......

I got ride of the numbers. I you notice now, there are + and - icons on the top right of the map. Clicking those will now zoom in and out. Also there is an [i] on the right side of the map. That's got a cool feature too :lol:

Yes I noticed that after I replied. My only problem with it is that the image is a little small on my laptop for my old eyes to see but does seem like a nice feature.

Edited by Lt.Ranger.Bob

I can get the map to show but it's not clickable (on any browser on any cache page) Cleared caches

Here too. I liked being able to click open a map from a cache page, and have all the caches in the area appear. Being draggable was a bonus as well. It's going to be a real PITA to find caches in a given area now.

Edited by PopokiNui

Actually, it's not that hard.

Right next to the map is a link. That link says "Geocaching.com Google Map".

This link has always been there. It takes you to the same exact spot that clicking on the map used to do.

The map that is there on the Cache Details page has never been draggable.

I can get the map to show but it's not clickable (on any browser on any cache page) Cleared caches

Here too. I liked being able to click open a map from a cache page, and have all the caches in the area appear. Being draggable was a bonus as well. It's going to be a real PITA to find caches in a given area now.

You can still do that

Click the top link just under 'For online maps...'

For online maps...

Geocaching.com Google Map

MyTopo Maps

Google Maps

MapQuest

Microsoft MapPoint

Yahoo Maps

Rand McNally

Terraserver

Tiger Census Maps

This link has always been there. It takes you to the same exact spot that clicking on the map used to do.

Sure it was. The map that is generally right below the decryption key? It's been clickable since I joined over a year ago. That was my quick method of finding cache listings in a target area. It would open in a new window, and I'd drag it around from there.

Sorry, no link saying "Geocaching.com Google Map". next to the map on my screen.

You can still do that

For online maps...

MyTopo Maps

Google Maps

MapQuest

Microsoft MapPoint

Yahoo Maps

Rand McNally

Terraserver

Tiger Census Maps

Sorry...can't find any of those on my screen, either. Maybe someone could point them out?

[

Edited by PopokiNui

OK, just a different way to do it. I used the link on the side like once and forgot it was there. But I can deal.

Thanks for straightening that out!

You can still do that

For online maps...

MyTopo Maps

Google Maps

MapQuest

Microsoft MapPoint

Yahoo Maps

Rand McNally

Terraserver

Tiger Census Maps

Sorry...can't find any of those on my screen, either. Maybe someone could point them out? Here's the url:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...24-190eb8c9ea15

I can see it no problem with that link using IE7 and Vista.

Directional designators on the report a new cache page are now imported from your home coordinates

This is great. It will save a lot of time for reviewers and cachers alike who are east of Ireland and Portugal, or south of the equator.

Edited by riviouveur

The zoom in / zoom out feature on the map doesn't allow the map to open in a separate window. The current box is way to small to be useful. Given the choice, I'd rather view the map on a separate page. (This also allowed you to find caches near this one).

Any chance of getting the previous functionality back?

The zoom in / zoom out feature on the map doesn't allow the map to open in a separate window. The current box is way to small to be useful. Given the choice, I'd rather view the map on a separate page. (This also allowed you to find caches near this one).

Any chance of getting the previous functionality back?

You can still do that

For online maps...

MyTopo Maps

Google Maps

MapQuest

Microsoft MapPoint

Yahoo Maps

Rand McNally

Terraserver

Tiger Census Maps

What happened to map feature that was on last week? I loved it. Getting to the street, neighborhood level. When will we be able to click on the map directly and have the feature you gave us for the last week or so? That was sooooo great. Please please please put the enhancement back in again.

I see that you now have us click on the geocache.com google map which is ok, but kind of a pain.

The new feature also solved my problems with my blackberry as I am now once again unable to see the map on my blackberry curve and clicking on geocache.com googlemaps does not work. Do you have an interim solution for this?

Edit by OpinioNate: Not sure why you attributed this comment to me

Edited by OpinioNate

Being an "if it ain't broke don't fix it" type person, I was a little disappointed in the changes on the maps until I read through and found I could still pull up maps the old way by clicking on the "geocaching.com google maps" link. I took a look at my bookmark lists to see what the enhancements were and everything looks the same. Any details available on what was enhanced? Thanks!

The site was updated today (and over the last week) with the following fixes:

• Lithuanian stashnote added to /seek page
  • "Flashlight Required" attribute image fixed
  • "Flashlight Required" no longer breaks Pocket Queries
  • Added a number of enhancements to the Bookmarks page
  • Fixed exploit which prevented blank logs from being deleted
  • Disabled caches now properly displayed with strike out in watchlists
  • Added an email validation check to instant notification creation page
  • Added zoom in/zoom out buttons to default google map on Cache detail page
  • Field Notes from Garmin Colorado now recognize waypoints with less than 7 characters
  • Special characters in the "placed by" cache field now properly displayed in search results
  • Site will no longer reject email addresses with more than three "." or other special characters
  • Directional designators on the report a new cache page are now imported from your home coordinates

Please let us know in this thread about any problems related to this update. If you want to discuss any of the items in this list please create a new thread. Thanks!

Hi since the update it is not now possible to click on the lower map and be taken through to an area map showing other caches. Is there another facility to get a map of caches in the area?

Edited by theblackwidow

I got ride of the numbers. If you notice now, there are + and - icons on the top right of the map. Clicking those will now zoom in and out. Also there is an [i] on the right side of the map. That's got a cool feature too :lol:

Ok problem from Down under. Geocaching.com Google Map link when you click on it it opens google maps and shows you that cache location and no matter what zone level it does not show up any other caches now.

To see other caches nearby you have to use the ...all nearby caches then use the map it square top left corner to other caches nearby on google maps.

Small question:

What about the Umlauts and other special chars in the PDFs? Because if the Cachename contains a special Char or an Umlaut, than these chars are displayed as HTML-Entities, which looks very bad and unreadable. The Umlauts in the normal text such as the log or cache description are displayed correctly.

WAP maps? oooh oooh oooh I'm excited! I use the wap site a bunch since my Palm gave up the ghost. Not as quick as Cachemate for a reference, ya gotta log on and all that, but I'm tired of buying Palms to replace the deceased. Please hurry with those wap improvements.

hairball

Personally I liked the numbers under the map; you could get to the desired zoom level with one click. Also liked the map being clickable to a new full page map. Yes, I realise the link is still there, as it was before, but I'm lazy, and I hate mousing around. That said, the info feature is pretty cool.

The smal inset map at top is now(?) clickable, but I just get spinning cursor when I click on it. What is it supposed to link to/show?

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Safari 3.1.1

Thanks for the continued improvements for most of us.

Personally I liked the numbers under the map; you could get to the desired zoom level with one click. Also liked the map being clickable to a new full page map. Yes, I realise the link is still there, as it was before, but I'm lazy, and I hate mousing around. ...(snip)

Seconded, on all counts. It was very simple just being able to click on the map, I'm sure there was a good reason for the change. Oh well, I'll live :D

Thanks for your efforts!

Personally I liked the numbers under the map; you could get to the desired zoom level with one click. Also liked the map being clickable to a new full page map. Yes, I realise the link is still there, as it was before, but I'm lazy, and I hate mousing around. That said, the info feature is pretty cool.

The smal inset map at top is now(?) clickable, but I just get spinning cursor when I click on it. What is it supposed to link to/show?

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Safari 3.1.1

I second that; the top map seems to do nothing but making my cursor spin

IE7 on Vista SP1

Ok, the top map should now show you the map instead of the trip on the merry-go-round and also the bottom map now links off to the google maps page for those people who didn't like looking for a link :D

-Raine

You are spoiling us rotten, Raine!

Hmm... WAP-Maps would be kewl too.......

OK OK, I'll be patient!

Can you give me the URL's of the pages you're not seeing the maps on? I've tested them on all Grade A browsers and have had no issues.

-Raine

Sorry for not getting back to you on that yesterday, Raine. I hadn't been back to the forums since my post. At the time, though, it was happening with every cache page that I looked at (and I checked a number of them). But now, its moot anyway, because I can see the new maps.

The only issue that I have now with the new map is that the cursor doesn't change when you hover over it, so unless you actually TRY clicking on it, you'd think that it wasn't clickable. I suspect the reason for that is because you also have the clickable +/- buttons and the programmers wanted to reserve the "click" pointer for those.

I can't believe they took this feature away...... :D

All it is going to do is increase traffic to the search pages!!

Please put it back. :D

When I click on the link to "...all nearby caches that I haven't found" the link takes me to the SEEK GEOCACHE main page where it asks for the coordinates etc and not to the listing.

Same here... really an awkward way to get the information. Why did that need to be changed?

And let's have the larger area map put back on the cache page. That one was essential for me. Not sure why that had to go away either.

When I click on the link to "...all nearby caches that I haven't found" the link takes me to the SEEK GEOCACHE main page where it asks for the coordinates etc and not to the listing.

It's the only link of its type that doesn't seem to be working properly.