Colorado 300 Maps Question

Okay, per the usual, let me give you a life story before I get to the question, ha ha.

I graduated this year as a junior, and my parents gave me $300 plus I had money from other family members to buy my very own GPS, instead of having to borrow my mom's all the time. I have been looking for a Magellan, but it seems that they went downhill since my mom bought her's three years ago. So I did more research, and came about the Garmin Colorado 300. Two of my aunts, who initially introduced me to geocaching, both have Garmins, but I didn't like the buttons on the side, so the Colorado is perfect. So, to the question...

What kinds of maps will my GPS have loaded when it arrives? I bought it brand new, factory sealed with no upgrades. (Only $350, no charge for shipping, WOOT!) I do a lot of traveling (and get a lot of speeding tickets, oops?) so I want to have a good knowledge of the local roads in SC/NC. Will these be on there, or what program will I need to have them. How much will it be costing me?

Thanks so much, I don't know how I'd live without these forums.

:lol:

Ideally you'd get Topo for off road use and City Navigator for using your unit around town. If you can only afford one, then you'll have to decide which one will be your chief use. If its for hiking, geocaching off the beaten path, hunting, backpacking, off roading, etc.... Topo is the better choice. If it's for urban and suburban geocaching and finding your way around town, City Navigator is the way to go.