Colorado Springs Bookmarks

Geo_cats

I will be visiting Colorado Springs the end of July for a few day. Does anyone have bookmarks for favorite caches in that area? Not looking for too hard, 3 star terrain or less, as I am used to closer to sea level than a mile high. Or if you don't have a bookmark list, what are Not-to-miss caches there?

I will be visiting Colorado Springs the end of July for a few day. Does anyone have bookmarks for favorite caches in that area? Not looking for too hard, 3 star terrain or less, as I am used to closer to sea level than a mile high. Or if you don't have a bookmark list, what are Not-to-miss caches there?

Rather than driving around town looking for random favorites from a bookmark, or random urban micros from a pocket query... let me suggest a couple parks (linked to oldest cache in that park):

Palmer Park

Pulpit Rock Park

Ute Valley Park

Fox Run Park

Black Forest Park

Edited by cirrus142

Rather than driving around town looking for random favorites from a bookmark, or random urban micros from a pocket query... let me suggest a couple parks (linked to oldest cache in that park):

Palmer Park

Pulpit Rock Park

Ute Valley Park

Fox Run Park

Black Forest Park

The local site also has a (growing) list of local favorites. Linky -->Southern Recommended caches

The local site also has a (growing) list of local favorites. Linky -->Southern Recommended caches

Good input, but not entirely useful to a visitor.

That list needs help. It should get organized by trailhead, or park. Else, those listed caches should get voted in. Yes, I thought about proposing this list myself, but it is extremely time consuming.

Edited by cirrus142

Palmer Park has some good views, but the caches there are TOUGH! I have only found one so far.

I would suggest Bear Creek Park, I maintain one of the ones there ( Link ). Just north of that park is Old Colorado City (between 21st and 30th along Colorado Ave, if you use the googlemaps option) which has a bunch of caches. I have not had a chance to get there yet, but its on my list.

The Citadel Mall has several in the area that were pretty quick. Here is the one I would suggest starting with, and go looking from there out.

Hope that helps!

Are you going to be hiking or do you want urban caches. In my mind there are two very different types of cachers here. Most of my caching takes my up a mountain. There are some great ones, if it is urban caches you seek I won't be much help because I'm afraid of muggles so avoid ones in public places.

Are you going to be hiking or do you want urban caches. In my mind there are two very different types of cachers here. Most of my caching takes my up a mountain. There are some great ones, if it is urban caches you seek I won't be much help because I'm afraid of muggles so avoid ones in public places.

Not looking for too hard, 3 star terrain or less, as I am used to closer to sea level than a mile high.