Cache Container as Signature Item

35mm

I have put together a great waterproof magnetic micro cache container with log sheet and pencil for less $.75. I am going to make up custom tags that tell people what these are and place them in all of the caches I visit. I am asking people to put my user name in the title of the cache after they hide it so I can easily track all of little guys.

Has anyone done anything similar to this or have any advice?

We had a cacher recently that went through our area and left Micro caches as swag that contained a CITO bag and rubber glove. After you clean up you have a nice already camo'd container that just needs a log and a hiding place. I checked them out while doing routine checks on our caches. We left them for other cachers but they are a great idea.

Good point about my user name already being used in many cache names. I guess I could just ask them to email me the info. I was just looking for an easy way to keep track of them.

I would just ask those that hide one of you containers that they send you email when they do. Then just add the listing to your watch list.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I would *want* to see a magnetic micro hidden for every cache I've found.

a couple of months ago, we were using "Ready-To-Go Micros" that we made, as trade items in some caches. just a small pill bottle or film canister with a bagged log in it.

what was fun was that out on a cache hunt about a month ago, we found a very recent hide ... that was one of out RTG micros! (recognised the sticker we had placed on the lid to cover up the store name where we got the bottles)

Edited by GnOArmyChicks