Why doesn't Asia have its own forum?!?!

Adium

Looking down through the list and I see that there is no Asian topic. No topic that has anything from China, Japan, Korea, Philippines, nothing...,

Are we not worthy to get our own topic? I think China is a little bigger than Germany and they have their own forum!!!!

Forum creation is based largely upon demonstrated need. Germany has thousands more geocachers and geocaches than all of Asia. Someday activity will pick up in Asia to the point that a separate forum is justified. That would make Groundspeak very happy! Until then, feel free to start any Asia-specific threads about geocaching topics here in the "All Nations" forum.

I second that, Adium. It seems that just in Japan we have 1500+ caches and counting, and Greece, which only has 400+ has its own forum. Seems like we could at least get one for the whole of Asia. :o

Yeah, but Greece is so much, um, Greece-ier.

On a seriuos note, I agree wholeheartedly. Many of us here on Okinawa travel to other parts of Asia on a regular basis, and it would be nice to be able to network with other cachers in Asia...Hmmm; sounds like a "demonstrated need." :)

I second that, Adium. It seems that just in Japan we have 1500+ caches and counting, and Greece, which only has 400+ has its own forum. Seems like we could at least get one for the whole of Asia. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but Greece is so much, um, Greece-ier.

On a seriuos note, I agree wholeheartedly. Many of us here on Okinawa travel to other parts of Asia on a regular basis, and it would be nice to be able to network with other cachers in Asia...Hmmm; sounds like a "demonstrated need." :)

I would say on the average the asian cacher typically ignores or doesn't post to the forum. That would likely be the deciding factor. If we post more often then the area will require its own list -- just to separate the traffic :huh:

Well, here in Japan, most caches speak a little English. I don't think I've seen a cache listing yet that isn't posted in both Japanese and English. That's a lot more courtesy that's shown than say, in Germany.

Anyway, there's nothing to stop people from posting in their native language as well. These forums seem to accept character packs.