Gallery of Hand Made Geocoins, Sig coins and tokens.

Not really handmade, but we like them just the same. Knight2000 poker chips. :) The pink are only left in caches that we think our especially cool. (Pink for my daughter.) Photo isn't really that sharp. Hopefully soon these will be trackable on Marky's site. (That is my sons face on Hasselhoff's body. License plate says caching since 3/18/07)

Thanks to KarelKraak for the design!

hpim1026.jpg

hpim1028.jpg

Edited by Knight2000

my newest sig items - right now i am including them in my geocoin sales, but as soon as my car is ready to rock and roll again, i will be leaving them in caches.

3400270790_3bb312ed6a_o.jpg

WOW Lara - You did it again. These are terrific Is that wire in Fimo?

yes, fimo hearts with hammered copper hanging thingy. thanks!

lara

Got me some of that ShrinkyDink material to try out....here's my very first test run & they came out pretty pathetic.

SDink1stTRY.jpg

I knocked out a quick sketch & scanned it; & used their shrinkage formula & measured everything out pretty carefully. They were supposed to come out the size of a nickel but they went considerably smaller - slightly less than dime-sized.

Dunno if I used too much heat or what....supposed to bake 3-4 minutes & these got down to this size in more like 2. I wonder if they give the incorrect shrinkage rate to make ya waste material? Anybody around with more experience with this who knows 'the numbers'?

~*

Not really handmade, but we like them just the same. Knight2000 poker chips. :o The pink are only left in caches that we think our especially cool. (Pink for my daughter.) Photo isn't really that sharp. Hopefully soon these will be trackable on Marky's site. (That is my sons face on Hasselhoff's body. License plate says caching since 3/18/07)

Thanks to KarelKraak for the design!

hpim1026.jpg

hpim1028.jpg

I just have to say these are awesome. KR is one of my favorite Fandoms :laughing:

I always use the same username (ok mostly always) on all my sites. Are you the same way? Do I know you from KnightRiderOnline.com? It's been forever since I posted, but...?

Sorry for the off-topic. I really do like your sig items and hope i find one, one day. Or trade, when I get my own sig items (they're in the works!)

I'm just starting out, and I wanted a fun sig item, but wasn't ready to go for coins or pathtags.

I'm also a gamer, so thought my sig should reflect that. I had a local company do these for me.

The nice thing is that they'll fit in a micro cache.

The company can also do any size run, so you can even order singles, but the prices go up.

3418483431_3a0a4ee94c.jpg

I'm just starting out, and I wanted a fun sig item, but wasn't ready to go for coins or pathtags.

I'm also a gamer, so thought my sig should reflect that. I had a local company do these for me.

The nice thing is that they'll fit in a micro cache.

The company can also do any size run, so you can even order singles, but the prices go up.

3418483431_3a0a4ee94c.jpg

Those are VERY nice and unique ! ! !

These are not really homemade (well, the card inserts are), but we started and gave up on several ideas until hitting on this one. The coins are old English pennies, because they are big, (and some foreign coins) that I get feom a "grab box" at a local coin store, 5 for $1.00. The oldest coin I have come across so far is a Victorian English penny dated 1869. We're hoping folks are intrigued by them as our signature item. (NOT used as a signature for the cache!)

we print out the card with our logo on one side, info about them not being trackable, etc. on the other and put them in two pocket coin flips.

100_7333.jpg

100_7334.jpg

100_7335.jpg

<snip>The coins are old English pennies, because they are big, (and some foreign coins) that I get feom a "grab box" at a local coin store, 5 for $1.00. The oldest coin I have come across so far is a Victorian English penny dated 1869. We're hoping folks are intrigued by them as our signature item. (NOT used as a signature for the cache!)<snip>

I'm glad that "our" old coins are being put to good use across The Pond. :laughing:

The whole concept of signature items doesn't seem to be quite as popular over here in U.K. as in U.S.A.

We've got our own Blorenge oranges which we annotate with "TFTC" or "Congratulations FTF" or whatever message is appropriate to the drop-off location...

93af3e1e-ed2f-4299-b5c9-2280c1230055.jpg

MrsB

Here are my first 2 sig items.

MynewSig.jpg

This is my first time using polyclay of any type, so it was a learning experience. Was having big issues with getting the clay pliable. If any one could send me a few tips on working with it, I would greatly appreciate it.

As for the Dragon eyes, they are not my idea, I found some like them on line and created my version of them.

Here are my first 2 sig items.

MynewSig.jpg

This is my first time using polyclay of any type, so it was a learning experience. Was having big issues with getting the clay pliable. If any one could send me a few tips on working with it, I would greatly appreciate it.

As for the Dragon eyes, they are not my idea, I found some like them on line and created my version of them.

getting the clay pliable can be a pain. but it is easier if you use fimo soft. or use a small food processor to chop up the clay adding a couple of drops of clay softener. putting through a pasta maker is supposed to work too, but i havent tried that.

once you put clay in a device, you can't use it for food any more.

lara

This is by far my favorite thread on the forum. I love trading sig items, and was looking for good ideas for some new ones for us. :laughing: I'm totally inspired now! Thank you!!!!! Will post pics when I make some. Because of lack of money we'd been using cards, but there really are so many great things I can make for sig items that don't cost a lot.

Yay for this thread!

-Rozie

Inspired by this thread and a few others I read about SIs, I got around to making some. Due to how busy I've been the past week or so, I havent been able to post but things have finally calmed down.

I found a crafter on Etsy.com (user name undeadmushroom12) who stamps words onto washers and such, and had her do a custom run for me. She made washers with Geocaching.com on them, and some little copper disks with CITO on them, and then I made them into cellphone fobs. Being a jewelry artist (though I haven't made anything in a while) I had plenty of beads and odds and ends around for the supplies.

Heres a couple pics. I've placed a couple of these in the Long Beach, CA, area, and one this weekend in Vegas. I hope people like them.

3422092940_00875ca53b.jpg3421280383_b20225ffa5.jpg

Inspired by this thread and a few others I read about SIs, I got around to making some. Due to how busy I've been the past week or so, I havent been able to post but things have finally calmed down.

I found a crafter on Etsy.com (user name undeadmushroom12) who stamps words onto washers and such, and had her do a custom run for me. She made washers with Geocaching.com on them, and some little copper disks with CITO on them, and then I made them into cellphone fobs. Being a jewelry artist (though I haven't made anything in a while) I had plenty of beads and odds and ends around for the supplies.

Heres a couple pics. I've placed a couple of these in the Long Beach, CA, area, and one this weekend in Vegas. I hope people like them.

They look Great

what are those silver cord tips thingies called. i like those!

rsg

This is the design I came up with. Right now, I'm simply printing them on bumper sticker paper and sticking them on poker chips. I'll get a pic of the finished product & post tomorrow. I am spraying them with sealant from Michael's.

I'm hoping to design something more "permanent" as I go along, and maybe do holiday themed things, too.

I'd love to trade with anyone who is interested!

3461581938_652e5c7086_o.jpg

what are those silver cord tips thingies called. i like those!

rsg

The cord with the silver tip on them, and the jumpring below are ... well i was going to say cell phone fobs. I want to say that's what they were called in the Fire Mountain Gems catalog, but now I'm not sure. Wait, I has the internets to search upon....

Aha. True name is lanyard, but they are listed under cell phone findings on Fire Mountain Gems.

Linkage....

cell phone findings

The cord with the silver tip on them, and the jumpring below are ... well i was going to say cell phone fobs. I want to say that's what they were called in the Fire Mountain Gems catalog, but now I'm not sure. Wait, I has the internets to search upon....

Aha. True name is lanyard, but they are listed under cell phone findings on Fire Mountain Gems.

Linkage....

cell phone findings

thank you!

rsg

This is my new favorite thread (and my kids thought I was creative). Really enjoyed looking through all of the different items. My sig item is a 1" button pin I designed and had made pretty inexpensively. My son wants his own sig item too so are working on a poker chip for him. If anyone wants to trade pm me. :rolleyes:

1000694.jpg

give me a little info about signiture items please...

do you leave them in every cach you find?

do you just trade them for other signiture items?

is it suggested to have your name on them?

I make glass beads I was going to start producing a speical one for leaving in caches should I attacha tag to show who its from?

thanks

Chris

give me a little info about signiture items please...

do you leave them in every cach you find?

do you just trade them for other signiture items?

is it suggested to have your name on them?

I make glass beads I was going to start producing a speical one for leaving in caches should I attacha tag to show who its from?

thanks

Chris

when i have a lot, i leave them in every cache. if i put a lot out, then more people can collect them. and yes, you should attach a tag or put them in a little plastic bag with your name on them. that is what makes them special! and be sure to post a picture here.

i leave them whether or not i trade. i like to always leave something.

rsg

Edited by RedShoesGirl

Here are some new bottle cap coins I made for a friendly fellow cacher. I print the images on card stock because the casting resin saturates regular paper to the point you can see through it. And yes, those are googly eyes on Rocky dog.

-renzo

rockysampler4.jpg

these are really cute, especially with the goggly eyes!

rsg