Gallery of Hand Made Geocoins, Sig coins and tokens.

One of these days I will have to do a path tag or a wooden nickle but in the meantime I do have a sig item. I have only given a very very few out. Not because Im stingy but I consider them a little more than just a trade item. I have given them to a few people that I have been very deeply touched by. Maybe they did something really extra special for me personally or they have done something I feel is extra ordinary for others, asking nothing in return. It is a 'thank you' really from me. Something personal that I can put my love into.

I have done a couple of special items for a couple of people as well but I still consider them a sig item because each piece I do is different in some way because they are leather pieces that I hand tool. They take quite a while to do which is done with love. It lets me put my heart into each piece making each unique.

This is 1 did for a friend in Tx. MW The design is my mark but then I put his initials on it so it is 'HIS'.

MW-sig-Trish1.jpg

Edited by Mother Wolf

One of these days I will have to do a path tag or a wooden nickle but in the meantime I do have a sig item. I have only given a very very few out. Not because Im stingy but I consider them a little more than just a trade item. I have given them to a few people that I have been very deeply touched by. Maybe they did something really extra special for me personally or they have done something I feel is extra ordinary for others, asking nothing in return. It is a 'thank you' really from me. Something personal that I can put my love into.

I have done a couple of special items for a couple of people as well but I still consider them a sig item because each piece I do is different in some way because they are leather pieces that I hand tool. They take quite a while to do which is done with love. It lets me put my heart into each piece making each unique.

This is 1 did for a friend in Tx. MW The design is my mark but then I put his initials on it so it is 'HIS'.

MW-sig-Trish1.jpg

WOW...that is beautiful!!!

My new signatrue items. It's a three part series. The first part (first image) is the item that goes into the target cache of the Hike of the Month ((HOTM) that I do. It is memory glass with copper ribbon. The image is printed on ink jet transparency then thermally sealed for added protection (except this one).

redmeption2.jpg

This second item is business card size, and is placed into the other caches along the way and is also handed out to other members of the hike. Extras are destroyed.

sigitembuscard.jpg

This third item is for all y'all FTF Hounds and is only placed in a new cache I hide during the HOTM.

Redemption%20GC1EAMP%20FTF%20.jpg

How do you go about "thermally sealing them"?

Thanks,

Fairyhoney

My new signatrue items. It's a three part series. The first part (first image) is the item that goes into the target cache of the Hike of the Month ((HOTM) that I do. It is memory glass with copper ribbon. The image is printed on ink jet transparency then thermally sealed for added protection (except this one).

This third item is for all y'all FTF Hounds and is only placed in a new cache I hide during the HOTM.

(edited for brevity)

How do you go about "thermally sealing them"?

Thanks,

Fairyhoney

I have a hot laminator that does a great job for these pieces. Scotch brand cost about $50 and doesn't require the cardboard sleeve to protect the laminate when it gets pressed.

I trim the excess off the piece that goes in the memory glass and that will keep it water proof. In addition, the memory glass gets encased into another laminate pocket and I iron the edges to seal it to create another water proof envelope and protect the item until the first time finder or owner has a chance to recover it. That is done with a cardboard press. I don't want to mess up my wife's iron or ironing board. ;) The end result is a bubble envelope to keep it protected from bumps, scrapes, and damp conditions.

Edited by TotemLake

my new sig items and available for trade for other sig items.

i broke the mold of my arrow-kokopelli after making only 32 or them, so instead of a limited numbered amount of 50, there are only 32! still haven't gotten it set up to track them yet so, my apologies.

these new ones are rather fun and the spirals continue my fascination with petroglyphs, especially those found around the mojave desert where i live. the spiral has been around for centuries. the armadillos are just because i really like armadillos!

from www.jonathonart.com/

"The Symbolism of the Spiral

The visual motif of the spiral is one of the oldest and most enigmatic sacred images known. It is, in fact, among the very earliest examples of human creative expression, first appearing some 24,000 years ago. As millennia passed, this curious image found its way into the spiritual iconography of nearly every society in the ancient world: from Ireland to Japan, from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego. We see the sacred spiral in the totemic carvings of the Haida, the vast ground drawings of the Nazca, the megalithic monuments of western Europe, the classical architecture of the Mediterranean, Arabic calligraphy, Persian carpets, yogic diagrams from India, decorative Chinese porcelain, and Shinto rock gardens. It's ubiquity endures to our modern day, where we see at least some examples of it in literally every category of thing that has been decorated by man.

The spiral has a universal appeal, and this fact is a sure indication of some mysterious resonance with the human psyche. What does the spiral mean to us? Its early association with the Mother Goddess (it is often found with, or on, small stone carvings of the Goddess ) suggests some kind of connection to the mysterious and miraculous process of life which is embodied in the Feminine - the door through which life enters this world."

2729562193_96e2ee0936_o.jpg

wrmsg.png

Here's my first little set of sig items. I always leave them in a tiny plastic sealed bag with a Geocaching pin.

When I run out of lil green worms, I have a batch of others that I made. They're green pipe cleaners stuck in a straw with a notecard attached. The notecard has a little story about a worm getting stuck in a straw printed on it. :laughing:

wrmsg.png

Here's my first little set of sig items. I always leave them in a tiny plastic sealed bag with a Geocaching pin.

When I run out of lil green worms, I have a batch of others that I made. They're green pipe cleaners stuck in a straw with a notecard attached. The notecard has a little story about a worm getting stuck in a straw printed on it. :huh:

Love your worm, it is so cute!!!

Here is my new Sig item. Trades are welcome if they interest you.

100_1700.jpg

Image as they are to be released.

100_1707.jpg

These are ssssoooo cute, nice job :blink::)

Thanks,

The ones pictured are my first cut..Im still learning this clay thing :D

i received my turtle from richard and it is really adorable! i want to use the idea and make a desert tortoise.

thanks richard!

rsg

I have been putting the button machine to use for several things. Buttons for each Kite Festival or events we attend. Buttons for the local Pipeband Parade every Saturday in the Summer. Also of course buttons for my caches as swag.

I even have personal tracking buttons now. Seen in the bottom row 3rd column. The bottom left 4 buttons are for the Moon cache I plan to setup in the near future.

geobutton1.jpg

This series of buttons (minus the smiley) will be found in my Feathered Friends cache. Thes are all local birds that could be seen at the caches location.

geobutton2.jpg

Once the artwork is done on the PC, I can crank these things out really quickly. And the button ideas and designs continue. They are 2 1/4 inch size.

Saturday morning + rain = new geocoin

I rolled Super Sculpey between two paint sticks and cut circles with a 3" peanut butter lid. Then I raided my wife’s Stampin’ Up stash and made my name with a letter-punch set taped together. Next was fifteen minutes in the oven at 275° followed by Testors copper enamel paint. This was my first polymer clay coin; I’m pretty happy with it!

renzo8coin.jpg

http://renzoscustomcache.blogspot.com/

Saturday morning + rain = new geocoin

I rolled Super Sculpey between two paint sticks and cut circles with a 3" peanut butter lid. Then I raided my wife’s Stampin’ Up stash and made my name with a letter-punch set taped together. Next was fifteen minutes in the oven at 275° followed by Testors copper enamel paint. This was my first polymer clay coin; I’m pretty happy with it!

renzo8coin.jpg

http://renzoscustomcache.blogspot.com/

these are really nice too! so glad to see more pics of sig items.

rsg

You have no idea how nervous I am at posting these pics folks, but anyway...... here are my most recent attempts at our signature items. It's taken me what seems like forever to pluck up the courage to post them here because I haven't an artistic bone in my body, and am in constant awe at all the beautiful things people make on this thread.

I've just been having a go at making little bits and bobs and stamping each of them (either on the front or back) with our caching name. They're mixtures of different subjects that both Andy and I enjoy, and also that I just wanted to try making for the fun of it (such as the hats etc).

I love anything to do with history and archaeology....hence the Egyptian tablets and the little scarab beetles, cave deer, petroglyphs and fossils etc. etc lol!! Then my for my love of nature...leaves, dragonflies, sealife, toadstools (with a little hint of a fairy door LOL)...the list is endless. :(

If anyone at all out there would like to trade sigs (I don't suppose that anybody will, but it's worth a try I suppose lol!), I would love to hear from you. I've never seen (or found) very many signature items over here in the UK and as I said above, I really am always in awe at the beautiful examples/pics that are posted.

If you want to get in touch just send a message through our geocaching.com profile page (not a PM through the forums though, because for some reason I never seem to get them :) ).

Alison (one half of Geo-Gophers)

shrooms02.jpg

seaandfossils01.jpg

mix02.jpg

hats01.jpg

Egyptian02.jpg

df03.jpg

cavedeeretc01.jpg

Wow, seeing all these great items makes me feel mine is a bit cheesy. This is a "prototype" you could say: I made a few of them to see how well they were received here and got mixed results. At any rate, here it is:

100_1844.jpg

I guess the font is hard to read or doubloons just don't do it for some people. The card says "Congratulations! You have just located a piece of Zatahra's Gold" and "A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold. Proverbs 22:1" It's on business card stock and the doubloon is slightly bigger than a quarter. I made it for a personal cache of mine I'm going to place next month, and I'm going to put about 20 in there. So I guess my question is: if I build them, will they trade? [:P]

You have no idea how nervous I am at posting these pics folks, but anyway...... here are my most recent attempts at our signature items. It's taken me what seems like forever to pluck up the courage to post them here because I haven't an artistic bone in my body, and am in constant awe at all the beautiful things people make on this thread.

I've just been having a go at making little bits and bobs and stamping each of them (either on the front or back) with our caching name. They're mixtures of different subjects that both Andy and I enjoy, and also that I just wanted to try making for the fun of it (such as the hats etc).

I love anything to do with history and archaeology....hence the Egyptian tablets and the little scarab beetles, cave deer, petroglyphs and fossils etc. etc lol!! Then my for my love of nature...leaves, dragonflies, sealife, toadstools (with a little hint of a fairy door LOL)...the list is endless. :P

If anyone at all out there would like to trade sigs (I don't suppose that anybody will, but it's worth a try I suppose lol!), I would love to hear from you. I've never seen (or found) very many signature items over here in the UK and as I said above, I really am always in awe at the beautiful examples/pics that are posted.

If you want to get in touch just send a message through our geocaching.com profile page (not a PM through the forums though, because for some reason I never seem to get them B) ).

Alison (one half of Geo-Gophers)

shrooms02.jpg

seaandfossils01.jpg

mix02.jpg

hats01.jpg

Egyptian02.jpg

df03.jpg

cavedeeretc01.jpg

Alison these turned out great!!!! :) ~Karen

if I build them, will they trade?

I've yet to find my first cache (or even get my GPSr in the mail) but I can tell you that if I found something like that in a cache I'd think it was pretty awesome.

I've been wondering what I should put in the caches when I trade and I'm seeing some really good ideas in here. I really like your gold coins, the custom made dice, and the little things sealed in the clear resin.

Great stuff here folks.