Gallery of Hand Made Geocoins, Sig coins and tokens.

Nice new sigs here!!! :D

Sorry for the delay in the sig item cointest results, I have all the numbers of the winners and all sigs have came in... I have chosen to do sig item groups, 1 group will have multiple signature items form various cachers, otherwise i woulda had like 50 packages to send with just one sig!!! :angry: this wil be better for the winners and there will be a variety of sigs.

I wanted to gather all the winners, but The comp I am currently at takes for ever to load all the pics and makes it hard to scroll thorugh the posts, so I cant varify all the winners till I get home...Sure wanted to get em all out on Monday, but hang tight and I SHOULD be back Sunday night with the winners! :D

Thanks for all the great sigs everyone!

For anyone who may be wonderin what this is all about, 2 threads got merged and my thread turned into a cointest of which random post numbers won coins or sigs. The Mods deemed neither thread coin forum worthy, so they merged the old with my new and moved it here. Great to see the different sigs!~ Keep em comin!!! Ill post some pics aswell! :D

Very cool. That being said, I have stated for the last few years now I'm not in this for the competition. I'm in it for the pure fun of what I do. Please remove me from the pool of possibiles. I would rather increase someone else's chances whom will appreciate and enjoy the prize more than I will. :D (Not that I'm a winner - it's just the way I want to play.)

Cheers!

TL

actually, the cointest is well over. it was held while this topic was still in the coin forum as 007BigD said in his note. he just has to get himself in the mailing mode!

so see, not to worry, you were not in the competition!

rsg

:angry: I hear ya. I've also heard of very bad results when mixing different types of clay - Sculpey III, Premo and Fimo b/c they all have different plasticity levels and baking requirements.

well, that's good to know! guess stick with the one kind to mix and mingle for colours and stuff. thanks!

lara

These are my tokens as posted in other threads, looking to trade some for geocoins if I get any takers. They are fun to make none the less.

geocoin12.jpg

Nice job on the others pictured so far.

These look great! Very interesting and nicely done!!

After seeing these cool coins I found one less than a week later in a cache in Canada while driving through to Niagara. I was totally jazzed and did a lil dance! Very cool indeed! :(

I made and laminated nature cards with photos of some of the plants and critters I find out in parks. On the back is a little bit about whatever is in the photo (moth, fungus, caterpillar, flower, etc.) and a "PlantAKiss Found It!" I leave those in caches (when I remember). I don't care if they stay with the cache or if someone collects them. I am hoping to pass on a little nature lore to some people about some of the things they might be seeing while out on the trail.

Got The winners of the sigs!!!

So there will be 5 winners that get a signature item grabbag of up to 5 cachers sigs and the other 5 will get mine and Summerandnana sigs...She sent me a bunch to fork over! First and foremost thanks to:

Summerandnana, The Wolf pack, Bison Woman & RedShoesGirl for donating the sigs for the winners. Ill see what else I may have to toss in as a surprize! :(

Heres what your sig item pack may look like if your the top 5!...well, without the disc! :)

a5b2fd85-aeb6-4b53-bc74-ec1e2fa44726.jpg

AND THE WINNERS ARE

Taubin

Dhenninger

LionsLair

GardenGorilla

Kehunt64

The smaller sig groups are

HockeyHick

Gatoulis

The Wolfpack

BrokenW

BisonWoman

Thats it for now...I truley am sorry for the delay, I will get these out as soon as I get some addys from ya'll! Thinkin I will need to send some emails! :D CONGRATS!!!

Till Next Time~ CACHE HARD and CACHE ON!

Edited by 007BigD

these are my first signature tokens. I carved them then stained them. I'm still working on improving my carving technique, but before I spend too much time on these, I have a question: Would you like to find one of these in a cache, or should I try something else?

acd8ccb1-546c-4c66-a1ec-e0b643c39f9f.jpg

these are my first signature tokens. I carved them then stained them. I'm still working on improving my carving technique, but before I spend too much time on these, I have a question: Would you like to find one of these in a cache, or should I try something else?

I have several handmade sig items. These are unique keepsakes to me.

I smash coins for my sig item...

I have been having loads of fun pressing different kinds of coins from all over the world. My favorite coins to smash are pesos and British 1 penny coins. They look really cool.

8 of the 12 front images and 1 back image are geocaching related.

Here they are. Tell me what you think:

My favorite sig coin is the 2 peso piece. These will be rare and given away as an extreme compliment to whomever receives one. :ph34r:

f9e95d2c-cd58-4c20-badc-f0c37b3727d6.jpg

A Bahamian Coin

38afa2b0-8860-43c9-99f8-df12bd027ee6.jpg

6e2757e5-788c-42d1-817c-d114ca53ed76.jpg

e9ff8b14-1158-4d7d-8d7b-dfc8e5bc1d57.jpg

3b38ade5-9599-43e9-9742-b78854f0c861.jpg

89c9de5f-9593-4b27-a4f8-d4f089fa29c2.jpg

c6b41132-569f-4268-8150-97ccb7e1ffe5.jpg

da2d213d-a0b1-420e-bcf4-85b995c93535.jpg

bcfb6191-02ca-4f63-a9fe-112f8a8d76fc.jpg

The die for this coin was damaged at the factory and has already been replaced.

fdc2cc37-b497-4200-9a42-8deef7f97c8e.jpg

continued

These are COOL, I love the first one that is two-tone. My son collects smashed pennies every time he sees one of those machines that make them he gets one. He has them from different places we have been.

Edited by kehunt64

unveiling my new sig item!

fimo clay, commercial mold. each will have a thin satin cord strung through the hole - just as soon as the cord arrives. i am even considering some fine mojave blow sand worked into the clay for more texture. about 1.25 tall. the gold is real gold leaf. no expense spared here folks!

signed and numbered on the back, only 50 will be made, no reminting! i will be bored silly after making 50.

they will either be in little plastic bags or little velvet pouches. boy, those things are cheap!

2639977317_d94ec954ba_o.jpg

rsg

edited for spelling

Lara your arrowheads turned out GREAT :ph34r: Nice job!!

Hardware stores in Canada sell a resin product called envirotex lite that comes in various sizes. Its $32CND for a 32Oz kit. It could likely make about 100 - 300 cap sig items depending on how you apply the medium.

I used it to make a beer cap table some time back when in university where beer caps were in endless supply. It can be messy to work with if not careful but not hard to use. It could be a very practical way to make cool sig items like these caps. an Excellent idea!! Once mixed an poured it takes about 12 - 24 hours to harden depending on humidity and conditions.

Table.jpg

BOTTLE CAP COINS

Here is a type of personal coin that I haven't seen posted yet. Anyone else making these?

fourcapspost.jpg

Renzo's Custom Cache

Edited by lordzogat

Any person who makes thier own sig items would appreciate the time taken to make these thus making them more valuable to other crafters.

Edited by lordzogat

I was racking my brain to come up with a low cost sig item. I went out and got a bunch of 35 mm containers and created a label for some CITO kits, but that just didn't do it. So I kept thinking and thinking, and then I realized I was thinking too hard, so I let it go for a while. Then we were trying to save some money around home and put up a clothes line. I went out to the local dollar store and bought a bunch of clothes pins. Turns out I bought too many. So it hit me... "hey kids, this is why grandma used to yell at me for stealing all her clothes pins". Back in the day, we used to sand these by hand and glue them up and call them a couple non politically correct names, but they were loads of fun. Basically, a wooden switchblade. And to those out there worried about pointy ends, they are about as sharp as a popsickle stick. Then it hit me... we could put our name on them and there's our sig item. It's something I've never seen around here and I think it's a fun little gadget. Since then I've dropped them in every cache that is big enough to take one. I haven't had any feedback on them yet, but I would like to hear what you think.

Here's a pic. The top one is how I leave them in the cache. The second is a side view. if you remove the safety band, and squeeze the clothespin, the blade swings out, giving you the third one.

e17b1c15-5f81-4d60-b11b-666280ef43e0.jpg

Edited by syfun

Got The winners of the sigs!!!

So there will be 5 winners that get a signature item grabbag of up to 5 cachers sigs and the other 5 will get mine and Summerandnana sigs...She sent me a bunch to fork over! First and foremost thanks to:

Summerandnana, The Wolf pack, Bison Woman & RedShoesGirl for donating the sigs for the winners. Ill see what else I may have to toss in as a surprize! ;)

Heres what your sig item pack may look like if your the top 5!...well, without the disc! :D

a5b2fd85-aeb6-4b53-bc74-ec1e2fa44726.jpg

AND THE WINNERS ARE

Taubin

Dhenninger

LionsLair

GardenGorilla

Kehunt64

The smaller sig groups are

HockeyHick

Gatoulis

The Wolfpack

BrokenW

BisonWoman

Thats it for now...I truley am sorry for the delay, I will get these out as soon as I get some addys from ya'll! Thinkin I will need to send some emails! :D CONGRATS!!!

Till Next Time~ CACHE HARD and CACHE ON!

Received my signature Grab-bag today and love it. I received The Wolf Pack card, RedShoesGirl Indian head Geojewel, Bison Woman buffalo nickel and card, 007BidD silver penny (I have never seen a silver penny) and a purple and black Summerandnana GW6 clay token. Thank you everyone for donating your beautiful items and Thanks to 007BigD for organizing the contest :D:smile:

My new signatrue items. It's a three part series. The first part (first image) is the item that goes into the target cache of the Hike of the Month ((HOTM) that I do. It is memory glass with copper ribbon. The image is printed on ink jet transparency then thermally sealed for added protection (except this one).

redmeption2.jpg

This second item is business card size, and is placed into the other caches along the way and is also handed out to other members of the hike. Extras are destroyed.

sigitembuscard.jpg

This third item is for all y'all FTF Hounds and is only placed in a new cache I hide during the HOTM.

Redemption%20GC1EAMP%20FTF%20.jpg