Gallery of Hand Made Geocoins, Sig coins and tokens.

Snoogans - I love the 2 peso coin too...and the tomorrow is the labor saving device for today :D (I'm a big procrastinator!). I think about your Lyme Disease quote in your siggy every time I brush one of those dadgum ticks off.

Funny, I made up that quote for a T-shirt contest about a year before my first Lyme-tider test. :anicute: I keep meanin' to get it on Cafe Press....

Edited by Snoogans

Here is a sample of what I pressed for GW6

0cea52d7-b3cc-4acd-a9a8-b68466d29f52.jpg

3d855baf-bc4f-4b64-a6a2-591481e45006.jpg

4a8277e4-d47d-441e-bc71-b75291a874df.jpg

da49ba73-1ddc-436d-aba9-8bffd36a7bb1.jpg

I traded this one to TethysC for one of his awesome ammonite coins:

8e44517a-05e4-45d5-a05b-3508da2c1d2d.jpg

There are about 20 more pics right here. And dozens more pics on my geocaching.com and myspace profiles.

these are simply gorgeous! how does one make a trade with you for this kind of groovy thing.

rsg who has discovered the fun of fimo!

Cool topic. I'm only partway through. I decided to take a picture of odd items I've found over the years. I trade my different siggy items, like the two puppymonster lapel pins and the different GGA items I've made. This isn't even all of them, but it is a whopper of a picture.

IMG_8050-640.jpg

To see the full version of that 3 MB photo, you can click here. Some of the ones I like are the local ones (Lacy wooden nickels from over the years, SmilingInAcworth, LZ33, tasia and wheresdib, on and on), the ones from people in British Columbia and the bear I found.

IMG_8057-640.jpg

IMG_8058-640.jpg

IMG_8055-640.jpg

These baked items are really cool. Here are three that I have found.

I think the Avroair one is pretty rare, but I'm not sure.

IMG_8054-640.jpg

Edited by mtn-man

Here is a sample of what I pressed for GW6

0cea52d7-b3cc-4acd-a9a8-b68466d29f52.jpg

3d855baf-bc4f-4b64-a6a2-591481e45006.jpg

4a8277e4-d47d-441e-bc71-b75291a874df.jpg

da49ba73-1ddc-436d-aba9-8bffd36a7bb1.jpg

There are about 20 more pics right here. And dozens more pics on my geocaching.com and myspace profiles.

these are simply gorgeous! how does one make a trade with you for this kind of groovy thing.

rsg who has discovered the fun of fimo!

Thanks for the compliment! :lol:

I can get a buck each minimum for my regular ECs on ebay, but I freakin' hate the way ebay nickel and dimes customers on listing features so I've never auctioned any.

Those are all one of a kind ECs you quoted. (Ummm, with the exception of the Canadian coins. I made several of those.) It takes serious negotiation to obtain those from me. TethysC traded an unactivated geocoin just for the one Schilling EC, but I threw in some extras, because I was really happy with the trade. These one-of-kind ECs would fetch top dollar from collectors on ebay.

Okay, lets sweeten the deal a bit. I hate to address and ship stuff which is a big reason I haven't gone into business with my press, but I have been getting a lot of interest from folks in obtaining my coins..... And frankly, I want to increase my collection of sig items, geocoins, pathtags and ECs. (Elongated Coins)

So here's the deal. I usually trade 4 copper coins per pathtag, a dozen in either copper or nickel (usually a complete set) for an unactivated geocoin and all sig items are judged by their quality. Handmade items get more than easily stamped out stuff like wooden nickels.....plus I'll throw in an EXTRA (copper or nickel) EC to cover the cost of a self addressed stamped envelope for folks that want to go to the trouble to do that. (Seriously, I prefer it that way. I'm painfully slow at sending stuff off on my own and it's easy for me to get stuff right back to you with SASE.)

I'll also trade ECs (if you have any to trade) like metal for like metal. (copper, zinc, uncirculated zinc, nickel, wheat penny, quarter, & foreign coins) I'll take any EC in trade, but I prefer copper or better for my collection.

You can name the design(s) of mine you would like in return. Pictures of ALL 12 of my designs are posted in this thread and on my profile. I'll trade more coins for stuff I really want so don't be afraid to haggle. I have traded multiple sets for much coveted coins, but that is a rare occasion.

Send your trades to:

Mark aka Snoogans

C/O Press Your Luck!

P.O. Box 516

Missouri City, Texas 77459

If you just want a FREE coin (my choice and most probably zinc) you can just send SASE by itself too. Don't be shy. Quite a few folks have taken me up on that offer....

BTW- I only check my P.O. box a couple times a month so allow 4 to 6 weeks from the time you send your trade. SASE will get snappy service. :D

I can't wait to see what shows up in my mailbox.... 8)

Snoog

Thank you! Yes, I made the beads too, and everything's out of Sculpey III polymer clay. I am not very good at caning yet, so I usually have a LOT of scrap clay left over to make marbly beads out of. For the cane itself, I took several sheets of green clay and cut the pine tree shape out with a cookie cutter. I stacked several of the trees on top of each other and then packed in the white. I wrapped that small cane in the same green as the tree and made a banner cane with the geocaching colors to go around it all. I had some mushed up clay from the garbage ends of the cane that I just mixed together to make the light green that wraps around the whole thing. The purple flower was actually supposed to be a butterfly, but that obviously didn't work well.

The colors in that pic aren't very good. If I can get a better pic today, I'll add it and just delete that other pic.

I signed the tags like that b/c that's how I always end my paper log (assuming it's not a micro or nano), with the TFTC, parker313 and the smiley face.

There should be over fifty of my shells out there. They're actually pretty fun to make. I get to go target shooting when I'm running low. ;) I've given some to cachers I meet and drop some in random caches. I like dropping them in micros cause that's about the only thing that'll fit. Plus, I don't hate micros like a lot of people do. As long as it's either a challenge to find, or in a cool spot I wouldn't have visited otherwise I like em.

Edited by RifleMan81

Love my 2 Schilling EC. Where did your Moroccan coin get to? Have you still got it? That was a beauty as well.

Still have it and I'd gladly trade it and several other on-of-a-kinds (plus a few complete sets) to ya to to complete my collection of your ammonite coins. :):):)

Glad you like the 2 Schilling EC. That was one of my most favorite creations.

But my favorite sig item isn't even close to being a coin:

738e37e1-68b3-432d-a894-ee0ef61a766b.jpg

back:

c542ed41-9714-4221-bfa7-765391e2989c.jpg

By far one of my favorite items in my collection. If I wasn't worried about breaking it, it would accompany my flask, and we know what happened to that last year. I encourage you to look here on the 21st. I'll be posting a new sig item to add to the following collection of items I've made (going backwards):

TLnSnickersSignatureCardlores.jpg

NewSig2004.jpg

TotemLake.jpg

...and the log stickers I made with white, silver and gold labels:

for standard logs

SilverLabel.JPG

biglog.jpg

for micros

site1002.jpg

Hi, we're really new to this geocaching. Anyway, I'm not sure if this is the spot where I should ask this question, so please let me know if I should move it somewhere else...

So I'm wondering if anyone leaves a signature item - like a business card, a bookmark, a coin etc. I've heard of people leaving items that represent them, in every cache they do. I've seen some home-made business cards, and online I saw someone had made bookmarks. What happens to those signature items? (eg: the bookmark) Do other cachers take them home for souvinirs (fine by me if someone wants to take something I made)? Do the cache owners keep the business cards?

We'd like to leave something (but can't afford those geocoins) and am looking for ideas of things I could make. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks!

Karen

unveiling my new sig item!

fimo clay, commercial mold. each will have a thin satin cord strung through the hole - just as soon as the cord arrives. i am even considering some fine mojave blow sand worked into the clay for more texture. about 1.25 tall. the gold is real gold leaf. no expense spared here folks!

signed and numbered on the back, only 50 will be made, no reminting! i will be bored silly after making 50.

they will either be in little plastic bags or little velvet pouches. boy, those things are cheap!

2639977317_d94ec954ba_o.jpg

rsg

edited for spelling

Edited by RedShoesGirl

unveiling my new sig item!

fimo clay, commercial mold. each will have a thin satin cord strung through the hole - just as soon as the cord arrives. i am even considering some fine mojave blow sand worked into the clay for more texture. about 1.25 tall. the gold is real gold leaf. no expense spared here folks!

signed and numbered on the back, only 50 will be made, no reminting! i will be bored silly after making 50.

they will either be in little plastic bags or little velvet pouches. boy, those things are cheap!

2639977317_d94ec954ba_o.jpg

rsg

edited for spelling

I was hoping to get one of your older ones :angry:

Nice new sigs here!!! :D

Sorry for the delay in the sig item cointest results, I have all the numbers of the winners and all sigs have came in... I have chosen to do sig item groups, 1 group will have multiple signature items form various cachers, otherwise i woulda had like 50 packages to send with just one sig!!! :angry: this wil be better for the winners and there will be a variety of sigs.

I wanted to gather all the winners, but The comp I am currently at takes for ever to load all the pics and makes it hard to scroll thorugh the posts, so I cant varify all the winners till I get home...Sure wanted to get em all out on Monday, but hang tight and I SHOULD be back Sunday night with the winners! :D

Thanks for all the great sigs everyone!

For anyone who may be wonderin what this is all about, 2 threads got merged and my thread turned into a cointest of which random post numbers won coins or sigs. The Mods deemed neither thread coin forum worthy, so they merged the old with my new and moved it here. Great to see the different sigs!~ Keep em comin!!! Ill post some pics aswell! :D

Look what i got from RedshoesGirl, thank you very much

P6280086_1.jpg

you are welcome, but somehow i sent you two of the same thing, OOPSIES! put one in a cache somewhere, that should be fun.

rsg

I have place 1 sig-item from you in cache GC1BKWM on 5 juli. :angry:

Thanks again. :D

Nice new sigs here!!! :D

Sorry for the delay in the sig item cointest results, I have all the numbers of the winners and all sigs have came in... I have chosen to do sig item groups, 1 group will have multiple signature items form various cachers, otherwise i woulda had like 50 packages to send with just one sig!!! :angry: this wil be better for the winners and there will be a variety of sigs.

I wanted to gather all the winners, but The comp I am currently at takes for ever to load all the pics and makes it hard to scroll thorugh the posts, so I cant varify all the winners till I get home...Sure wanted to get em all out on Monday, but hang tight and I SHOULD be back Sunday night with the winners! :D

Thanks for all the great sigs everyone!

For anyone who may be wonderin what this is all about, 2 threads got merged and my thread turned into a cointest of which random post numbers won coins or sigs. The Mods deemed neither thread coin forum worthy, so they merged the old with my new and moved it here. Great to see the different sigs!~ Keep em comin!!! Ill post some pics aswell! :D

Very cool. That being said, I have stated for the last few years now I'm not in this for the competition. I'm in it for the pure fun of what I do. Please remove me from the pool of possibiles. I would rather increase someone else's chances whom will appreciate and enjoy the prize more than I will. :D (Not that I'm a winner - it's just the way I want to play.)

Cheers!

TL

16e6eaa3-a8bf-446b-9ba6-64da63a217ed.jpg

I've tossed a few of these in caches.

The wood thing is a fridge magnet, and the other is what it is - saw a bunch of them selling at a local fair for $10 EACH :angry:

i remember asking you about the silverwear one before, i love that piece! after reading the instructions on how to make them, i decided that there was no way i could do it!

still very cool sig items.

lara