Gallery of Hand Made Geocoins, Sig coins and tokens.

We found this one today while out caching, made by an ice hockey goalie named goaliegrl. It had been in the cache since 2006! We are ice hockey fans, so we were pretty excited to see this at the bottom of an ammo can.

scan0014.jpg

very nice! unbelievable it had been undiscovered for so long. congrats!

rsg

COINTEST IS CLOSED

Kay, lemmee take a bit to finish what I was doin and I will pull the numbers. I gotta keep it simple and use a Random Number generator. How it will work is Ill do my personal(s) :D first, then CF30's Yaahl's feathers. If anyone of the winners of Yaahls feather already won a feather, you will be givin a signature item when they all arrive and another name will be chosen from the same random list I make tonight. It'll take me a bit to work through the yaahl winners so give me time.

If you won a sig previously, you can win a coin, but not a sig...If you won a coin, you can win a sig, but not a coin.

Once I have all sigs in hand, I will use the same random list and just keep goin till they are all gone :D Sound fair?

Gimmee some time on this one kay?

WHEW!!! That took awhile!!! First my server went turtle slow, then i couldnt access the forums,then my comp shut down!!! But.....

The winners are

LE Nightvision#15- Coyote Guy #122

RE MoonRaker- Geogophers #30

RE Thunderball- Lordzogat #314

LE Nightvision- Red shoes Girl #92

4 Yaahls feathers from Crowsfeet30 as pictured in her cointest

Usyoopers #241

Lorca.NL #167

57 Chevy #182...Thats right buddy, your in it this time around!

Anthus #171

:D:D:D ...There ya go...Contact me if ya won one of my coins and Crowsfeet30 if ya won one of Yaahls feathers! Coingrats all you lucky winners!

Now when all the sigs come in, we'll do it all over again!...Thanks for playin!!! :D

Here is a picture of some of the sig items in my collection and some of mine that I am working on. You can see why I say I screwed them up!! LOL

e63504ed-50dc-4a02-bc6e-a3c85cd0ffd4.jpg

LadyBee4T, I don't hink you screwed up. Until you mentioned the missing faces, I didn't even notice. Remember that you are going to be your harshest critic. I think they're great. :D

Congratulations to the winners and thank you to 007BigD for starting this thread. I've really enjoyed reading (and re-reading) the posts here. Some newbies posted questions about geocoins recently and I made sure to post a link to this thread so that they can see examples of inspired sig items. I have been very impressed with a lot of the entries here and only wish that I could work out the ideas for me to make my own sig item :D

I've gotten a lot of great ideas here, hopefully I can come up with something I like :D

:) Hey there, I fell asleep on ya last night before the big drawing. I am lucky enough to have one of Sarah's feathers, AND some fantastic 007BigD Swag. Soooo... I will suggest that I exempt myself from this and If You could pull another persons name in my place that would be fantastic. Gotta run for now. Have a great day. ~57 :D

WOW!!!! I received today the beautiful BN generic coin I won, and a beautiful signature item, key chain of 57 Chevy!!!! Thank you so much my friend!!!! :D

congratulations to the winners!!!! Hey! do not forget, keep this thread up! It is a signature item gallery!!!! :)

My wood sign coin that is etched. I made some other sig items out of the large flat marbles with the same image and some dye inks. I turned them into magnets for a geochicks event. I have triedseveral times to add the pic and cannot seem to! I might add it to my picture.....

Edited by sweet yet evil

Mailed out 10 envelopes of signature items yesterday, I hope the recipients enjoy them ~Karen

Wow! I received a purple swirly flower in the mail (I just now made it to the mailbox) and it made my night! Thanks - it is really supercool.

Glad it arrived safely ;)

spacewater2.jpg

geocoin13.jpg

Guess I should pay closer attention to this thread...LOL I see I won for the recently submitted Moon Token that needs to have a mold formed first before I can make replicas from the master.

The paint scheme will be the same as the Hex, but will be available in other worldly offlandish colors ;)

Similar to the various colors found on my space themed mini Catan tiles. You can see the possibilities are endless for a outerspace moon.

spacedesert2.jpg

spaceore2.jpg

Thanks again Guys.

Edited by lordzogat

WHEW!!! That took awhile!!! First my server went turtle slow, then i couldnt access the forums,then my comp shut down!!! But.....

The winners are

LE Nightvision#15- Coyote Guy #122

RE MoonRaker- Geogophers #30

RE Thunderball- Lordzogat #314

LE Nightvision- Red shoes Girl #92

4 Yaahls feathers from Crowsfeet30 as pictured in her cointest

Usyoopers #241

Lorca.NL #167

57 Chevy #182...Thats right buddy, your in it this time around!

Anthus #171

:):D:D ...There ya go...Contact me if ya won one of my coins and Crowsfeet30 if ya won one of Yaahls feathers! Coingrats all you lucky winners!

Now when all the sigs come in, we'll do it all over again!...Thanks for playin!!! :D

Wow we won! I've been pretty busy lately coding up the registration web application for GCF08 and haven't been able to browse these forums too much lately. I got an email from Crowsfeet30 saying I won and had to go back through this thread. I really enjoyed all the pics. Hopefully this thread can continue. I have a bunch of sig items we pick up from local caches here in PA. When I get some time, I'll upload them.

Thanks 007BigD for the fun contest and cool thread. Thanks Crowsfeet30 for the beautiful prize!

....Anthus

Thanks 007BigD for the fun contest and cool thread. Thanks Crowsfeet30 for the beautiful prize!

....Anthus

Actually, it was 57 that proposed to turn it into a cointest, we can all thank him, otherwise this thread woulda dropped off the face of this forum by now!!! :) Definatley give thanks to CF30!!! Can ya believe how many coins she's gotta be shippin out!!! :D

:D Hey there, I fell asleep on ya last night before the big drawing. I am lucky enough to have one of Sarah's feathers, AND some fantastic 007BigD Swag. Soooo... I will suggest that I exempt myself from this and If You could pull another persons name in my place that would be fantastic. Gotta run for now. Have a great day. ~57 :)

OH...Well then~ Next up is-

Kay, this person is gonna be happy!!! :D ...................

FAIRYHONEY!!!...Post #105

Contact CF30 for your prize Lil Sista!!! and Coingrats!

I tried to change the title and remove the word "Cointest" back to what it was originally, but the mods are reviewing it over with Groundspeak to see if it can even stay here. Afterall it turned into alot of sig items...But most were coinshaped!!! :) I tried to obide by the rules with the title and topic, but hey- I am sure it will do well wherever it ends up. :D

I also wanted to merge it with the older topic after it dropped behind a few pages, but unsure LFD's will be able to hang around aswell, as I hear :D They're workin on it, so just hang tight!

(just a title update for all those that cant stand lookin at that darn word and wonderin why its still lingerin around) :D

TATARATATA!!! :lol:

Today I received an unexpected letter! a great surprise!!!! WOW!!!I have one of the Lorka's signature item!!! Iti s such a nice foot! :D

And...it also has a tiny shoe, attached with it! you know, the wooden shoes of the Netherlands! :D

No 027 walked to Gatoulis, Lorca! :( Thank you sooo much my dear friend!!! :ph34r:

This began as a handmade geocoin related thread, and a separate cointest thread. It has evolved into a handmade signature item thread, and so I am moving it to general geocaching topics to share with others.

Enjoy the artwork of your fellow cachers!

Edited by Eartha

This began as a handmade geocoin related thread, and a separate cointest thread. It has evolved into a handmade signature item thread, and so I am moving it to general geocaching topics to share with others.

Enjoy the artwork of your fellow cachers!

thank you so much for keeping it open and just moving it. now we can continue to play!

lara who has new sig items on the burner

B) Hey there, I fell asleep on ya last night before the big drawing. I am lucky enough to have one of Sarah's feathers, AND some fantastic 007BigD Swag. Soooo... I will suggest that I exempt myself from this and If You could pull another persons name in my place that would be fantastic. Gotta run for now. Have a great day. ~57 B)

OH...Well then~ Next up is-

Kay, this person is gonna be happy!!! :D ...................

FAIRYHONEY!!!...Post #105

Contact CF30 for your prize Lil Sista!!! and Coingrats!

YES, indeed This person is Very HAPPY B) . THANK YOU! THANK YOU!( I'm doing the 3 stance dance - Woo Hoo :ph34r:

Here's my version of a wooden coin/token/nickel. It's that same size and thickness as a regular coin. The wood is cherry and the image is laser etched into the wood. I think they turned out awesome. They look much better in person.

Let me know what you think.

10526e44-c563-4a12-8513-2d81b6dc64f8.jpg

I am looking for a unique coin for Willox96 and crew. Who produces laser engraved coins?

Oh wow, I love this thread! I have been trying to come up with a cool sig item for oh, about two years now :laughing:

I have some Sculpey clay sitting in my art room that I may just need to go break out.....

and be sure to post your results! i am going to try the poly clay thing today to. i don't hold out a lot of hope, but, well, all we can do is try. local caches will get the first results!

rsg

Here's my version of a wooden coin/token/nickel. It's that same size and thickness as a regular coin. The wood is cherry and the image is laser etched into the wood. I think they turned out awesome. They look much better in person.

Let me know what you think.

10526e44-c563-4a12-8513-2d81b6dc64f8.jpg

I am looking for a unique coin for Willox96 and crew. Who produces laser engraved coins?

check out this thread in the geocoin forum, some of those folks had coins made and others made their own.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...724&st=1450

these folks seem to be very popular, but they are summer holiday now.

http://store.geocoins.net/index.php?main_p...a1c11a2b25dfd22

Well, I went to pull out my polymer clay bag and I can't find it!!! I've got a super cool idea in my head so I sketched it out, but I can't find my stuff! We just moved in March and I do have an art room (well, closet really) and I don't know where on earth it would be if not in there.

:: pout pout ::

So, I hopped online and ordered some more (the boys were sleeping) and now I just need to wait for it to get here.

I do have a bunch of handmade earrings, bracelets, cell phone charms (that I sell on Etsy) so maybe I could make some jewelry, but that could get expensive and is pretty gender specific.

I tried to change the title and remove the word "Cointest" back to what it was originally, but the mods are reviewing it over with Groundspeak to see if it can even stay here. Afterall it turned into alot of sig items...But most were coinshaped!!! :) I tried to obide by the rules with the title and topic, but hey- I am sure it will do well wherever it ends up. :anicute:

I also wanted to merge it with the older topic after it dropped behind a few pages, but unsure LFD's will be able to hang around aswell, as I hear :anicute: They're workin on it, so just hang tight!

(just a title update for all those that cant stand lookin at that darn word and wonderin why its still lingerin around) :anicute:

Since I won a prize in the Cointest phase, I guess I'll start uploading pics of some like I promised I would. here's one that I was glad to find still in a cache I went for recently.

bdb27d32-e68d-4273-b627-a7e44953aa65.jpg

I found my bag of clay! I didn't have all the colors I was hoping to (the geocaching colors), but did have dark green and white, which worked out since I was hoping to do a pine tree (living in Pinehurst and all, TONS of pine trees everywhere) for the center of my design. It turned out REALLY bad. I got more clay and did a better job today. The botched design from last night got repurposed, and combined with purple I made some nice butterfly "coins" that really look more like flowers.

Today I got some more clay, made another attempt at a pine tree and turned out much better. It's all baking right now, I'll get some pics when they're out. They will all be combined in different ways to make zipper pulls. I'll put 'em in a baggie with a business card size calling card with my caching ID on it.

I'll upload pics in just a minute, but my caning skills are NOWHERE near the other members who have posted :)

ETA - Coming soon to a cache near you (if you live in NC :anicute: )........

IMG_6673.jpg

IMG_6675.jpg

IMG_6677.jpg

Edited by parker313

I found my bag of clay! I didn't have all the colors I was hoping to (the geocaching colors), but did have dark green and white, which worked out since I was hoping to do a pine tree (living in Pinehurst and all, TONS of pine trees everywhere) for the center of my design. It turned out REALLY bad. I got more clay and did a better job today. The botched design from last night got repurposed, and combined with purple I made some nice butterfly "coins" that really look more like flowers.

Today I got some more clay, made another attempt at a pine tree and turned out much better. It's all baking right now, I'll get some pics when they're out. They will all be combined in different ways to make zipper pulls. I'll put 'em in a baggie with a business card size calling card with my caching ID on it.

I'll upload pics in just a minute, but my caning skills are NOWHERE near the other members who have posted :anicute:

ETA - Coming soon to a cache near you (if you live in NC :) )........

IMG_6673.jpg

IMG_6675.jpg

IMG_6677.jpg

Lookingforward to th finished results!

Great pics...Thanks everyone!

Here's my new Raku Ceramic coins...

968b4a8e-c0bf-412b-be06-54cc5bacf4f2.jpg

Here's the one someone will get622140ec-0933-454e-9522-2ee0594fa6c7.jpg

I would love to find something like this in a cache! Beautiful work and a great item for a cacher to find.

I have one of those. BigD gave me one at GW6 or on the GWVI4WD run. I can't remember which....

I smash coins for my sig item...

I have been having loads of fun pressing different kinds of coins from all over the world. My favorite coins to smash are pesos and British 1 penny coins. They look really cool.

8 of the 12 front images and 1 back image are geocaching related.

Here they are. Tell me what you think:

My favorite sig coin is the 2 peso piece. These will be rare and given away as an extreme compliment to whomever receives one. :)

f9e95d2c-cd58-4c20-badc-f0c37b3727d6.jpg

A Bahamian Coin

38afa2b0-8860-43c9-99f8-df12bd027ee6.jpg

6e2757e5-788c-42d1-817c-d114ca53ed76.jpg

e9ff8b14-1158-4d7d-8d7b-dfc8e5bc1d57.jpg

3b38ade5-9599-43e9-9742-b78854f0c861.jpg

89c9de5f-9593-4b27-a4f8-d4f089fa29c2.jpg

c6b41132-569f-4268-8150-97ccb7e1ffe5.jpg

da2d213d-a0b1-420e-bcf4-85b995c93535.jpg

bcfb6191-02ca-4f63-a9fe-112f8a8d76fc.jpg

The die for this coin was damaged at the factory and has already been replaced.

fdc2cc37-b497-4200-9a42-8deef7f97c8e.jpg

continued

Heres Snoogans sig smashed pennies...Oooooooh, want a set? Just propose a trade!!! :anicute:

This particular set is on Wheatbacks, guess it would be his LE's :anicute:

dec91fbd-0d7a-4375-b031-4a68412477ad.jpg

His smashed nickles...17e93d95-166b-4e18-89c5-ba3d38af8596.jpg The crappy penny is still a penny :)

And a close up at a few e14d4297-8714-48e2-a35b-572199f6b87d.jpg

DANG! I didn't KNOW there were already such good pictures of my coins on this thread. DOH!

For sure, I'll trade with anyone.... for just about anything. :anicute:

I have a wooden nickel that I made from scratch. I pine and cherry wood and glued them together. I then put it through a joiner to cut the edges off. Next, I spun the wood on my lathe and cut every quarter of an inch off. Here is what it looks like (they're trackable too):

chaseonthego300front.jpg

chaseonthego300back.jpg

-ChaseOnTheGo :D