Gallery of Hand Made Geocoins, Sig coins and tokens.

First Off Congrats to thw Winners.....

Boy you guys over there have such fab stuff - WOW

The best and only sig item we have found is the Secret Agent Coin - now that in my opinion is a kool sig item.

(Cant post a pic tonight...?????)

PS: Anyone trading those Geogems / Angels / Feathers or other homemade items - Please shoot me an email - Nothing like that at all in this Hemisphere.......THX

I had hoped to have pictures of my new sig items by now but alas I screwed up the first batch. Trying agin so maybe I can still have a few done in the next few days. The good news is that the fimo clay is still on half price sale at Joanne Fabrics!

yeh, but not the big block.

lara the proud new owner of two blocks of fimo and various accessories - and a look of total panic on her face

First Off Congrats to thw Winners.....

Boy you guys over there have such fab stuff - WOW

The best and only sig item we have found is the Secret Agent Coin - now that in my opinion is a kool sig item.

(Cant post a pic tonight...?????)

PS: Anyone trading those Geogems / Angels / Feathers or other homemade items - Please shoot me an email - Nothing like that at all in this Hemisphere.......THX

e-mail shot.

what's going to happen to this great thread when the cointests are over? i hate to see it go away as there are so many wonderful sig items being shown. there has been a thread over on the regular forums that has been kinda up and down. maybe we could keep it up!

i would like to trade my geoJewels to others for sig items, let me know!

lara

what's going to happen to this great thread when the cointests are over? i hate to see it go away as there are so many wonderful sig items being shown. there has been a thread over on the regular forums that has been kinda up and down. maybe we could keep it up!

i would like to trade my geoJewels to others for sig items, let me know!

lara

I will be ending the cointest and changing the tiltle on Monday night and I thought about asking to merge this thread with the older thread when this one drops off a few pages. i would ask LFD bout it first. Otherwise i thought of transfering the pics, but then you have no story and a bunch of pics from me :blink:

I think this tiltle better fits an actual "Gallery of Signature coins" as LFD's judt didnt have the action I figured it really should have since 05, but some dang nice sigs! So Im kinda tossed- Should i ask to merge his with mine??? :unsure: Or suggest he ask to change the title??? :blink:

OH, by the way...I recieved a bag of precious gems today...GEOGEMS! ~ And guys, lemmee tell ya- Those things are awesome!!! Already placed one in a yet unlisted cache! :ph34r: (to be listed this weekend) One of the coolest sigs I have seen! :ph34r: THANKS!!!

I hope so! This thread shows lovely signature items and really helps all new or old geocachers to discover the beauty of them! I didn't know much about signature items! This thread helped me see some stuff, take some ideas for a future signature item of my own, and hemped me and tought me to be more careful in caches from now on! :D

I am calling this thread as a kind of Sign item encyclopaedia! Not only for new collectors like me, but for all!!! :blink:

David my friend! How are you? Hey..can you place a photo with the geogems to see them too? :D

I hope so! This thread shows lovely signature items and really helps all new or old geocachers to discover the beauty of them! I didn't know much about signature items! This thread helped me see some stuff, take some ideas for a future signature item of my own, and hemped me and tought me to be more careful in caches from now on! :blink:

I am calling this thread as a kind of Sign item encyclopaedia! Not only for new collectors like me, but for all!!! :D

David my friend! How are you? Hey..can you place a photo with the geogems to see them too? :D

actually they are geoJewels, since the name geogems was already taken. here is the pic again.

2568592021_47df202bb8.jpg

we are adding new pics all the time, old cars, route 66, cowboys, you name it!

now i need to get busy caching so i can move them all along. good thing i have to redo 50% of every batch otherwise i would be swimming in jewels. come to think of it, that is not a bad idea!

rsg

I hope so! This thread shows lovely signature items and really helps all new or old geocachers to discover the beauty of them! I didn't know much about signature items! This thread helped me see some stuff, take some ideas for a future signature item of my own, and hemped me and tought me to be more careful in caches from now on! :blink:

I am calling this thread as a kind of Sign item encyclopaedia! Not only for new collectors like me, but for all!!! :D

actually they are geoJewels, since the name geogems was already taken. here is the pic again.

now i need to get busy caching so i can move them all along. good thing i have to redo 50% of every batch otherwise i would be swimming in jewels. come to think of it, that is not a bad idea!

rsg

Oh! I see! :D

I like the first one (yellow) and the one with the crow, a lot!! :D Not that the third is bad, right"? :D

rsg

I like the first one (yellow) and the one with the crow, a lot!! :D Not that the third is bad, right"? :D

the third is a little girly for most guys, but it is the most "me"

email me your address right away and i'll stick a couple in the mail for you today as i am headed to the post office soon!

lara

I had hoped to have pictures of my new sig items by now but alas I screwed up the first batch. Trying agin so maybe I can still have a few done in the next few days. The good news is that the fimo clay is still on half price sale at Joanne Fabrics!

yeh, but not the big block.

lara the proud new owner of two blocks of fimo and various accessories - and a look of total panic on her face

I bought the 1.1 lb of original Sculpey clay at Target for $4.99, but they only had the big blocks in white. ~Karen

Edited by kehunt64

THE EXTENDED COOPERATIVE COINTEST!!!AKA Cointest V~2...Thats right, One more week of Signature item mayhem!!! :blink::D:D

Only this time I invite anyone who wants to participate in offering prizes the chance to do so!!!... So feel the power of giving and kick down a sig cheap sucka! :D

Next weeks drawing will include the 3rd and final coin in the 3 peice set...The LE "Night Vision"~ like numbered to the other 2 coins won tonight!!! :D

I will also include RedShoesGirl's awesome Geogems, so here's your chance at one of them too!!! :D:D There may be more so stay tuned!

Anyone willing to donate a sig, please let me know and I will colaborate a list...Then you can either send it to me to send out, or you can send it to the lucky winners yourselves! :D

Just in case your wondering, everyone that won a sig will be in the cointest for any coins avail. If you won a sig, then you only have a chance at a coin. Hope that makes sense.

So keep em commin and if ya wished ya got in while the gettin was good, your not too late! :D

Email sent :)

I hope so! This thread shows lovely signature items and really helps all new or old geocachers to discover the beauty of them! I didn't know much about signature items! This thread helped me see some stuff, take some ideas for a future signature item of my own, and hemped me and tought me to be more careful in caches from now on! :D

rsg

I like the first one (yellow) and the one with the crow, a lot!! :) Not that the third is bad, right"? :D

the third is a little girly for most guys, but it is the most "me"

email me your address right away and i'll stick a couple in the mail for you today as i am headed to the post office soon!

lara

Oh! I just saw your respond!! Really??? Oh thank you so much!!!!!!

Yes! I know that the third is most you! that is your sign!!! :D

My sister likes the third! This reminds her the Hans Christian Anderssen fairy tale "the red shoes", and a tv series named S.. & the City! Accordingto her, Carrie loved shoes and spended a fortune in them! :blink::D:D

I will send you my address right away!!! :D Sorry for being so late! :D

Summerandnana's Homemade fimo coin for GW6...How many versions has she made now!!!!! Dang Sista! :blink:

65880838-7a0f-453e-9b56-d66705e2a49b.jpg

Hey 007, put me down for sig item donations, I have a bagful and am sure I can come up with at least a dozen to give away, old and new:) I will be leaving for N Carolina Wed so send me your address again and I wll send them your way before I leave:)

Take care, Charlene

after lorca run in clay and I put the impression on wood, came it saw and painting.

now are lorca `s first sig ready to walk into the world.

here a photograph of the paws which gives lorca to you.

some paws are ready and will perhaps visit you........ :blink:

0acb0eea-1354-434a-81c8-b74a6194f8dd.jpg

I just came home from a day of caching and trying not to let mosquitoes catch me, and decided to look in my mailbox as I came into the house. Inside was this odd envelope and I'm trying to figure out if I'm waiting for a card from someone or a coin I ordered from somewhere. I couldn't make out a postmark and the stamps on the envelope looked unfamiliar - WHAT IS THIS ?

I could feel that there was something inside, but when I opened it, I was speachless - absolutely speachless, and that rarely ever happens to me. Along with this note shown below, was one of lorca.nl's sig item pawprints with a dragonfly attached. It's BEAUTIFUL ! ! ! Thank you so much, you made a really good day a REALLY GREAT ONE ! ! ! Now both the note and pawprint says that I like dragonflies, but I don't remember saying that here in any of my posts. How did you know how much I've always liked dragonflies?

2008-06-21031compositcgif.gif

after lorca run in clay and I put the impression on wood, came it saw and painting.

some paws are ready and will perhaps visit you........ :blink:

I just came home from a day of caching and trying not to let mosquitoes catch me, and decided to look in my mailbox as I came into the house. Inside was this odd envelope and I'm trying to figure out if I'm waiting for a card from someone or a coin I ordered from somewhere. I couldn't make out a postmark and the stamps on the envelope looked unfamiliar - WHAT IS THIS ?

I could feel that there was something inside, but when I opened it, I was speachless - absolutely speachless, and that rarely ever happens to me. Along with this note shown below, was one of lorca.nl's sig item pawprints with a dragonfly attached. It's BEAUTIFUL ! ! ! Thank you so much, you made a really good day a REALLY GREAT ONE ! ! ! Now both the note and pawprint says that I like dragonflies, but I don't remember saying that here in any of my posts. How did you know how much I've always liked dragonflies?

OH wow that was a wonderful surprise to come home to...Don't you just love sig items? and lorca.nl great job on your sig item :D

what a wonderful sig and the little dragonfly really makes it special!

rsg

Today I received three sig items in the mail as prizes in this cointest.

WOW :blink: thank you 57Chevy!! Your magnets are very cool and so is the keychain. The camera is currently out of commission which is rotten because these deserve to have pictures posted.

Thank you so very much for this thread and the cointest! I do love signature items!

i have added some new pics to the marbles. they look a lot better in person than in the scan!

2599399738_3a704ece29_o.jpg

rsg

Hello Lara! :angry: I came home a while ago, and just saw your new jewels!!! Oh my God!!!! They are amazing!!!! WOW!!!!! I love them!!!!

How you do that??? Iti s such a good and professional work!!!! Congratulations!!!!! :D

some paws are ready and will perhaps visit you........ :D

OH wow that was a wonderful surprise to come home to...Don't you just love sig items? and lorca.nl great job on your sig item :D

Oh! Very pretty signature item!!! Lorca's feet!!!! And a dragonfly??? :P Excellent job Lorca!!! :angry:

I am in the process of making another Geo token. It will be a moon cratered token in both round and Hex shap like this one.

spacewater2.jpg

This was one of my space themed tiles from my Space Catan game set. Thought it would be a neat token.

geocoin13.jpg

This is the master, once a mold is painted I'll get some made up.

Edited by lordzogat

I am in the process of making another Geo token. It will be a moon cratered token in both round and Hex shap like this one.

spacewater2.jpg

This was one of my space themed tiles from my Space Catan game set. Thought it would be a neat token.

geocoin13.jpg

This is the master, once a mold is painted I'll get some made up.

i like the moon :laughing::P

i have added some new pics to the marbles. they look a lot better in person than in the scan!

2599399738_3a704ece29_o.jpg

rsg

How do you do these? They're great!

printed some of my images on a inkjet printer, used a circle punch to cut them out, epoxy E6000 (MESSY STUFF) pics to the flat size of flat glass marbles, cover that circle with a nice circle of paper glued on, add little earth magnet and voila! it has taken a while to get the process down to where they look nice. the first batch look rather, well, tacky. :D those are going in caches!

Here is a picture of some of the sig items in my collection and some of mine that I am working on. You can see why I say I screwed them up!! LOL

e63504ed-50dc-4a02-bc6e-a3c85cd0ffd4.jpg

Well I don't think that you've "screwed anything up" as you say!! I've been following this thread and trying to think of something to "bake" lol but I honestly don't know where to start......and when I do, I'll be chuffed to bits if anything that comes out of my oven is a patch on these!! :D

Here is a picture of some of the sig items in my collection and some of mine that I am working on. You can see why I say I screwed them up!! LOL

Well I don't think that you've "screwed anything up" as you say!! I've been following this thread and trying to think of something to "bake" lol but I honestly don't know where to start......and when I do, I'll be chuffed to bits if anything that comes out of my oven is a patch on these!! :D

Well forgetting the face and the antennae on them until it was too late to me means I screwed up. :D:D I have to find the other paint pens so I can add the things I forgot. You should see the others that I didn't take pictures of! This is a work in progress!!!

these do NOT look screwed up! i do think we get better as the more we practice. i know that i wanted them perfect the first time and wanted them NOW. took a while to learn that the pieces needed to be done in stages.

this coming weekend i am going to try the baking thing. for sure i am NOT posting my first attempts. :D

lara

Here are some signature items I have collected. This is pretty much all I trade for now in caches.

BisonWomanSig.jpg

very cool! i love the sand. that is so imaginative!

i wish more folks around here did sig items.

lara

WOW! Nice items!!! Yes! the sand thing is great!!! I liked the arrow head! It looks like real American native stuff!!! Like the ones I see in you tube only!!!! The bison nickel is a metal one??? What nickel is that? A real coin? Amazing!!!! I love it!!!!

this coming weekend i am going to try the baking thing. for sure i am NOT posting my first attempts. :D

lara

These WERE my first attempts so you HAVE to post yours too!!! I was lucky in that I was given the rubber stamp to use for the stamped ones. I decided though that the cherry one is one of a kind as I don't really want anyone asking me for one..... :D

HOLY SMOKES LADYBEE!!!!

What more could we ask for?????? :D Those are great!!!!

Im Here, but dealing with another project tonight. The cointest will close at 10:00 Californy time :D

I have yet to recieve all the great siggys "from the people for the people" so as of now I am unsure as to how many I will have to send out.

I will chime in and let you all know how this will be handled in the later today, so far we have a full set of Yaals Feathers from Crowsfeat30 (to cointestians who havent had a chance to win one) and my LE #15 Nightvision to accomodate the other 2 #15's won in the first go around...and thats just the coins!

Am awaiting siggys from Summerandnana, Wolf-pack and I have recieved the GeoJewels from RSG...They are awesome! Anyone else willing to danate a siggy for a winner, let me know so I can account for your prize aswell. (please state whether you will ship it yourself or send it to me and how many)- Thank you everyone for the outstanding cointest and awesome Gallery of signature items! :D ... :D

lara

These WERE my first attempts so you HAVE to post yours too!!! I was lucky in that I was given the rubber stamp to use for the stamped ones. I decided though that the cherry one is one of a kind as I don't really want anyone asking me for one..... :D

LOL!

HOLY SMOKES LADYBEE!!!!

What more could we ask for?????? :D Those are great!!!!

Im Here, but dealing with another project tonight. The cointest will close at 10:00 Californy time :D

I have yet to recieve all the great siggys "from the people for the people" so as of now I am unsure as to how many I will have to send out.

I will chime in and let you all know how this will be handled in the later today, so far we have a full set of Yaals Feathers from Crowsfeat30 (to cointestians who havent had a chance to win one) and my LE #15 Nightvision to accomodate the other 2 #15's won in the first go around...and thats just the coins!

Am awaiting siggys from Summerandnana, Wolf-pack and I have recieved the GeoJewels from RSG...They are awesome! Anyone else willing to danate a siggy for a winner, let me know so I can account for your prize aswell. (please state whether you will ship it yourself or send it to me and how many)- Thank you everyone for the outstanding cointest and awesome Gallery of signature items! :D ... :D

Mine are on the way to you sent them today :D

Here are some signature items I have collected. This is pretty much all I trade for now in caches.

BisonWomanSig.jpg

very cool! i love the sand. that is so imaginative!

i wish more folks around here did sig items.

lara

WOW! Nice items!!! Yes! the sand thing is great!!! I liked the arrow head! It looks like real American native stuff!!! Like the ones I see in you tube only!!!! The bison nickel is a metal one??? What nickel is that? A real coin? Amazing!!!! I love it!!!!

The nickel is a Bison nickel produced by the US Mint. I have always been very appreciative of their minting my own personal signature item! :D