Gallery of Hand Made Geocoins, Sig coins and tokens.

Here's a pic of the very first sig item I ever layed eyes on! When I saw it, I had never seen a TB, a Geocoin or a sig...I felt intimidated by it, thinking it was a trackable :( and didnt take it. :huh:

When I got home to log the cache I noticed there were no trackables logged in the cache!!! :huh: ... :lol:

I went back the next day, to save it and log it! Only I still didnt know what it was! B) After checking it out, I figured it was just "Some kind of personalized cachers card"..."Thats pretty cool!" I think I checked the site and found out it was a signature item B)

Still remember goin back to "Rescue" that thing B):D:lol:

Here's my first sig40513ba6-a582-4e18-9439-9e4110303058.jpg

I'm putting together a Token/signature item cache and was wondering if anyone would like to donate a token to the cache? It will be called "Coins, Tokens & Nickels Oh My!" . I'm also putting in some of the pins that come with coins. I've also put in some tokens and nickels that I was sent duplicates of. And of course some of ours are in there and will be replenished every so often. And yes coins too!

Anyone else have a cache like this?

I have run out of items to restock this cache with. If anyone would be interested in having their signature items go into this cache please let me know. It has been a lot of fun seeing the different signatures people come up with over the years, and even more fun getting email from those finding them! If you also have a signature item cache let me know and I will be happy to send you some of mine!

Count me in!! PM me your snail address and I'll send you some of my wooden nickel sig items.

gee, didn't anyone like my geoJewels? maybe they are not a fun as i thought. let's hear those thoughts so i don't waste anymore time making these puppies!

they range in size from a half dollar - to a quarter size.

rsg

Are ya kiddin me???? ...They speak for themselves!!! Id like to comment on all the sigs...Really! :lol:

Yours are AWESOME...I am sure everyone in this thread wants one!!! You should toss one in for a random winner of your choice...It could be a cooperative cointest! :lol:

Man, all these cool sig items, I'm a bit intimidated lol

There are definitely allot of creative people on here.

I do have a question, are postcards too big to be sig items? I had a bunch of postcards made up from a photo I took, I was thinking about laminating them and using them for sig items, any thoughts?

here are the latest things i am working on, geoJewels! flat marbles with either my photo work or graphics i have created. they have little tiny magnets on the back - the really strong ones! i didn't realize how tiny they were when i bought them. good thing these are not too heavy.

2568592021_47df202bb8_b.jpg

I like, I like a lot! How are the pictures put on?

, are postcards too big to be sig items? I had a bunch of postcards made up from a photo I took, I was thinking about laminating them and using them for sig items, any thoughts?

Not as long as you have your name on em! :huh: Id say you'll have a bit of trouble leaving your mark in Micros though! :lol:

I have left a few homemade post cards of my mamma's- One she made has a Motorcycle with a globe on the tank and she titled it "First Mobile GPS system" :lol:

I do have a question, are postcards too big to be sig items? I had a bunch of postcards made up from a photo I took, I was thinking about laminating them and using them for sig items, any thoughts?

May Be you could shrink them a tad bit then lamenate them :lol: That way you could have nice size ones :lol:

here are the latest things i am working on, geoJewels! flat marbles with either my photo work or graphics i have created. they have little tiny magnets on the back - the really strong ones! i didn't realize how tiny they were when i bought them. good thing these are not too heavy.

really messy epoxy, or at least messy in my hands. i look my skin is shedding after a day of glueing!

thanks fairyhoney!

gee, didn't anyone like my geoJewels? maybe they are not a fun as i thought. let's hear those thoughts so i don't waste anymore time making these puppies!

rsg

Are ya kiddin me???? ...They speak for themselves!!! Id like to comment on all the sigs...Really! :lol:

Yours are AWESOME...I am sure everyone in this thread wants one!!! You should toss one in for a random winner of your choice...It could be a cooperative cointest! :lol:

ok, i donate a set of three!

rsg

:lol:Here's a few I snagged off the nearest brickabrack shelf... bear in mind.. I have all my wooden nickels and poker chips and business cards in an album so none of those are on here.. and I have lots more siggys in my collection.. these were just handy.. I love em all.. just don't have time to get em ALL out for a photo op.. maybe someday! :lol:

60419eed-40c4-4a13-8959-2106a7687b2a.jpg

wow! amazing, and yes, wow! and this is only part of your collection?

lara

really messy epoxy, or at least messy in my hands. i look my skin is shedding after a day of glueing!

thanks fairyhoney!

I knowbout that stuff! :lol: ...I epoxied all my first coins I did. I found the best result was from the slow curing stuff (45 min or longer) That 5 minute or 1 minute set way too quick and doesnt give time to settle so ya end up screwin up the finish.

So you are using those little glass stones and attaching a pic to the bottom???...Thats a great idea! :lol: It magnifies it too! :huh: ...Nice one!

Hmmmm, Ive had a few thoughts as to Emmagems Sig. You wouldnt mind if you started seeing other renditions of this now would ya? :huh:

thanks fairyhoney!

I knowbout that stuff! :huh: ...I epoxied all my first coins I did. I found the best result was from the slow curing stuff (45 min or longer) That 5 minute or 1 minute set way too quick and doesnt give time to settle so ya end up screwin up the finish.

So you are using those little glass stones and attaching a pic to the bottom???...Thats a great idea! :( It magnifies it too! :lol: ...Nice one!

Hmmmm, Ive had a few thoughts as to Emmagems Sig. You wouldnt mind if you started seeing other renditions of this now would ya? B)

Does it matter :lol: we CAN'T wait to see your version as everyone has their own take on things. - - -

I Know, you coud make up a set with Nesha311 :huh:B)

Edited by fairyhoney

thanks fairyhoney!

I knowbout that stuff! :lol: ...I epoxied all my first coins I did. I found the best result was from the slow curing stuff (45 min or longer) That 5 minute or 1 minute set way too quick and doesnt give time to settle so ya end up screwin up the finish.

So you are using those little glass stones and attaching a pic to the bottom???...Thats a great idea! :lol: It magnifies it too! :huh: ...Nice one!

Hmmmm, Ive had a few thoughts as to Emmagems Sig. You wouldnt mind if you started seeing other renditions of this now would ya? :huh:

yes, flat marbles. got a bunch at the dollar store and what a variety in size and shape. but still fun. i am using the slow curing epoxy.

other renditions? of course not! i got this idea from a guy back east that has some great photos on his.

as soon as i have a little more $$ i would like to try the clay coins like i see here. we all borrow from each other and make unique items.

lara/rsg

Edited by RedShoesGirl

I Know, you coud make up a set with Nesha311 :huh::lol:

That woman is outa my life!!! :( (sorry gang its an inside thing...FYI~ Nesha is the ugliest TB thing since..."The thing"! B) ...It was a freakin head! A woman head...A BALD WOMAN HEAD!!! B) - AND SHES GONE!!!

Kay as far as RSG's sig~I just couldnt imagine them being so simple for looking so good is all. They just look too perfect to be so simple! B) Again...Nice work! :huh: Me Likey too! :lol:

thanks fairyhoney!

yes, flat marbles. got a bunch at the dollar store and what a variety in size and shape. but still fun. i am using the slow curing epoxy.

other renditions? of course not! i got this idea from a guy back east that has some great photos on his.

as soon as i have a little more $$ i would like to try the clay coins like i see here. we all borrow from each other and make unique items.

lara/rsg

SO, Lara, where did you get the small pictures of "you" :( ?

Edited by fairyhoney

Here's my sig collection in its entirety!

7e142e10-ff3b-4810-888f-cc2ca6053b74.jpg

I sorted em all out and the round ones happen to be on top...That Vycache Sig on top I got just this weekend, Hiked 10 miles in all and got 1 sig from the 5 caches I found...

But I did find this too!!!90f4997b-3105-4ae9-962e-68ce6e590ee2.jpg Made me think..."is he always watching me?"

Edited by 007BigD

lara/rsg

I need to get to the dollar store! :lol: I cant wait to start playin around with this idea! :huh: ...Guess who gets a #001! :lol:

rsg

rsg

those are awesome!!

Here's all my sigs all layed out...I only got pics of my coin type sigs!!! :lol: I have some nice non coin type sigs too! Heres the brunt of my collection!

cdf5f3db-5bd0-4018-8bdd-f60717050679.jpg

c35cf0fe-e837-46ea-b236-3a77ec83e4f9.jpg

175f0563-7379-4e7d-95af-6ad2d9b2cbc9.jpg

8109aed2-a3cf-48cd-b14f-2fb17678f64d.jpg

53b09452-1ef4-4db1-8b8e-a2994da1855b.jpg

18dac499-7cff-4b1c-a3f8-51e34705c47e.jpg

55009497-67ca-475f-a860-21a6847e555e.jpg

I think I am missing a few...I dont see my geosmurfs, Dardevle or my Summerandnana sigs and a few others!!!...Hmmm???? Better do some consolidating!

Edited by 007BigD

Kay...heres my favorite sig I have found in a cache...Its GeowomynSF's she made stamp sigs...I havent seen her 07's or 08's yet! She aint been through town for awhile :lol:

0a2131f7-2dc5-4949-bd52-9bfbf059cb33.jpg

Loved this one the day I found it! I remember finding one in another cache with a lower number and swappin the 2! :lol:

lara/rsg

I need to get to the dollar store! :lol: I cant wait to start playin around with this idea! :huh: ...Guess who gets a #001! :lol:

O.K. YOU tell me, How do you come across such small pictures of "you"?

wooooooooooooooooooooooooow, i like the one with the crow. great work, amazing idea.

(the others of course, too)...:lol:

maybe some day i will have the chance to see this one in person!

the combination jewels and crow fits perfect in my eyes....:lol:

O.K. YOU tell me, How do you come across such small pictures of "you"?

:huh: Ummm...never thought of that! :huh:

Guess ill stick to my sig! :( Here's all 3 versions of my pennies (The wheatback, the 1943 steel penny and the XLE Indian Head cent...many are before the 1900's this ones 1903)

33d4eb81-654b-4d13-851f-bf5705102b4d.jpg

That #1 there I just took the pic yesterday and its on its way to KiwiLand today :lol:...Just wait till the reciever see what it accomodates!!! B) Sorry Keewee, keep your hands off! :lol:

Edited by 007BigD

Yes. :lol:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Stop it Sketti- Stop it!!! :huh: .......... :lol:

I hiked in 4.39 miles and found that one!!!! Best swag of the day!...Got a Garmin Metroguide disc too and my Sketti beat it! :huh: ...Havent even logged em yet :(

Edited by 007BigD

Well, these are slightly larger than tokens at approx 4cm across, but still our Sig item :-)

cube2.jpg

Very cool - what is written inside the cube? Who was the vendor/maker?

The cube has 6 (square) pictures on the outside, and opens up/folds inside out with three wide pictures: 2 of which are shots of my favourite caches and the other a description of geocaching. I used 16 2cm wooden cubes per folding cube, with the pictures printed onto (vinyl) sticky sheets then cut out and stuck on.

Here's a good instruction set for making them. :D

Of course, I am dropping older Greek coins too! coins that were left behind when we changed into euros! I believe geocachers like them too! Iti s a souvenir from Greece and a signature item!

0015.jpg

how very neat these are. they look so very old!

lara

:D These coins are the ones Greece had before Euro! they were legal tender until 2002, and were exchangeable in the bank until 2004! Of course, the 1 and 2 drachmas (the copper ones), were not in use a lot! Just imagine that not all dates came to Rhodes! I am still missing some dates from my collection!!! :D

One sig item I found was actually a heavy, negative like, color photo (you could see through it and it was very pretty) of a mountain where a cache was located with the cache information in letters on it with the cachers name. I didn't take a photo of it but it was about 3" x 6".

Those are very nice. Similar ones, with a Maine theme, are very popular here. BRDad had a series of photos on marbles with magnets. A new cacher Mapachi did one which has a picture of a piece of his art work on it.

Hand crafted items which can be displayed rather than placed in a box are always nice.

thanks fairyhoney!

I knowbout that stuff! :D ...I epoxied all my first coins I did. I found the best result was from the slow curing stuff (45 min or longer) That 5 minute or 1 minute set way too quick and doesnt give time to settle so ya end up screwin up the finish.

So you are using those little glass stones and attaching a pic to the bottom???...Thats a great idea! :D It magnifies it too! :D ...Nice one!

Hmmmm, Ive had a few thoughts as to Emmagems Sig. You wouldnt mind if you started seeing other renditions of this now would ya? :D

lara/rsg

Wonder if you are talking about BRDad - he's from Maine - my state and did a bunch of these. He also put out CDs with his photos for a while. We have a new cacher Mapachi who does the marbles with a photo of a piece of his art work on them.

BRDad's directions are posted on the GeocachingMaine. org web site ~ here it is"The flat marbles themselves are the type sold at craft stores, I use the largest size, 1.25" - 1.5". Then I print out the pictures on photo paper, cut the pic to the shape of the marbles, and glue on with clear epoxy. I have made some with E6000 craft glue with decent results, too. You have to use a little extra glue so it is sure to fill all the voids on the back side of the marble. Then I just coat all exposed paper in more epoxy, and stick a magnet on the back. It's that simple, and they even came out better than I had expected. There are web sites with similar instructions, do a web search for "flat marbles" or "glass wafers" and you should find similar instructions."

Well, here is my first attempt at creating our new sig item. It is a gift card (in this case a Godiva Chocolate gift card) and I have taken the image from our original business card type signature cards and put it onto the computer sticker project paper, cut the pics out and stuck them on the gift cards. This signature item reflects a lot of hobbies and interest that Chip and I have. Chip love anything having to do with the American Civil War (the picture of us is one from a place where you can dress up in period clothing we had done a few yrs ago), I collect gift cards from different stores, and the images on the gift cards can reflect different things we like to do or places we like to shop or eat (of course we love Godiva Chocolate) as well as our enjoyment of geocaching. I've had this idea for a while but til this thread popped up I wasn't motivated to start making them til now. Here is a pic of my first card.

1giftcardsigcard.jpg

Edited by Nochipra

Well, here is my first attempt at creating our new sig item. It is a gift card (in this case a Godiva Chocolate gift card) and I have taken the image from our original business card type signature cards and put it onto the computer sticker project paper, cut the pics out and stuck them on the gift cards. This signature item reflects a lot of hobbies and interest that Chip and I have. Chip love anything having to do with the American Civil War (the picture of us is one from a place where you can dress up in period clothing we had done a few yrs ago), I collect gift cards from different stores, and the images on the gift cards can reflect different things we like to do or places we like to shop or eat (of course we love Godiva Chocolate) as well as our enjoyment of geocaching. I've had this idea for a while but til this thread popped up I wasn't motivated to start making them til now. Here is a pic of my first card.

1giftcardsigcard.jpg

the gift cards work too? i can't quite tell what the item is on the right. too early for my brain to compute. :D

lara

>>>Wonder if you are talking about BRDad - he's from Maine ...<<<

yes! that is the guy with the super scenics on his marbles. he was so nice to send me his directions and clarify things. his marbles are also bigger than mine - better to see good photos.

rsg

Edited by RedShoesGirl

Unfortunately I do not have any sigitems ot coins of my own :D, I am hoping to get some made by the end of the year though... :D

I have seen many pictures of some here in the forums though, one that I like a lot, because of the designt, the goldish colour is the one of coyoteguy...

coin001.jpg

I hope to be able to see one in the future :D :D

All these sig items are awesome! Hopefully ours can stand with them.

sig.jpg

These dogtags are handpainted by the whole family, and then sealed using a thick layer of polyurethane. My 7 and 5 year-old cachlings love doing the project, and getting to pick which one to leave. We're thinking about making some tokens as well, and maybe some trackable items, once I figure out how to track them.

Thx, Coyoteguy, I´ll be looking forward to it :D

Something just came across my mind, I am not sure if it qualifys, but if it does it´ll be my last entry to this cointest. :D I´ll be looking forward to be looking through all the pictures, when i have more time next week...

The first coin I received by mail was the Lil Miss Avroair, I am not sure if I really won the cointest with category number 4 or if they were sorry for me begging for it :D

I think it´s a really cute coin and a very nice idea to celebrate a new cacher born to this forum :D

15f7ba3b-1a5d-437e-8dc2-e3eb33cf66e6.jpg

rsg

Are ya kiddin me???? ...They speak for themselves!!! Id like to comment on all the sigs...Really! :D

Yours are AWESOME...I am sure everyone in this thread wants one!!! You should toss one in for a random winner of your choice...It could be a cooperative cointest! :D

rsg

WOW! A set of 3 beautiful geojewels?? WOW!!! Redshoesgirl, your GJ are beautiful!!! Unfortunatelly I didn't have the pleasure finding or seeing one from close yet!

1giftcardsigcard.jpg

the gift cards work too? i can't quite tell what the item is on the right. too early for my brain to compute. :D

lara

It's just the front and back of the gift card. I just put our signature card picture on the back of the Godiva Chocolate gift card. I won't use the same gift card twice so that each one is a one of a kind.

Edited by Nochipra