Gallery of Hand Made Geocoins, Sig coins and tokens.

Ok, this was my sig item before I had coins made:

card001cr.jpg

It is a business card attached to a magnet & laminated. I passed a bunch of them out at MOGA 2005 (I think) and around Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi & Arkansas while on a road trip with Strider in 2006. I need to update some of the info on the card but I have not made any for a while now.

CF30

I could post one by one these beautiful pathtags, but...I will post them all together!

0009.jpg

You can see the pathtags of Tunkhounds, plan-B (the red deer one id from plan-B too), wandering starfire, G/RBOTS, Jellyfish, TXoilgas, GPX navigators, Bfly lady, pathtag fairy!!!

Aren't they cute??? :o

Now, I do not have a signature item yet! I am thinking to make one, but I do not know what! I was thinking to stamp some old Turkish banknotes that I have, but...

anyway, I will post photos of the things I usually drop in caches, for others to find!

So, I usually drop used Phonecards from Greece! I am dropping common phonecards with the chip, prepaid cards, mobile cards..

I know that there are many who collect them, so I am helping them by dropping my double!!!

The photo is showing only some! I have many different so...

0011.jpg

and finally, I am dropping cards from the company my sister is working, and with her boss permission, the first card is also a discount card (10% off) and the other is a card for the taxi! If you want to buy something etc, you communicate with them, and they are sending you a taxi to pick you up and bring you.... I think they are cool cards...what do you think?

0013.jpg

As you understod, I do not have a personal card yet! I will make soon!

This are mine first 12 home-made coins

218ab544-4cff-4927-b1ed-90b3bf29bd54.jpg

Can not yet show the other side because they are on there way to coiners

Everybody has his own original side, no coin is the same on this side, if the coins arrive i put them here on this post

Oh!!! Very pretty!!!!! :o Congrats Geoerror!!! ;)

Heads Side - the wooden blank used in the mold is on the left, the finished coin is on the right.

cd3e39f5-6a4b-49ef-b3a1-d59644edb9cc.jpg

Those are awesome! I like the process you took to make them! I did a little bit of mold work during High School in Machine shop. The whole process must take quite awhile, especially since you gotta cover the numbers and start over... Id say you need a stamp set :o

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...?Itemnumber=800

How much time do they take ya???

Each coin takes about an hour or so to make. Of course, that hour is spread out over two or three days. I usually cast 3 or 4 coins and wait for them to cool before breaking off the sprue and filing the rough edges off. I then put the translucent enamel on one side at a time since flipping over a coin with wet enamel would be a disaster.

The numbers are actually easier than you'd think. It's hard to see in the picture, but the part on the wooden blank that says "002" is clay. When I made the blank, I simply carved out a shallow rectangle. Then, when I want to make the number, I put some red clay in the rectangle, smooth it out, and then stamp the numbers in with a rubber stamp. Doing so raises the clay a little, so the numbers stand out. I then wait a few minutes for the clay to dry and then it's ready for casting with a unique serial number.

Matt

0000t03d.jpg

0000w2bx.jpg

My first couple coins - Plaster cast of a carved latex original

00011ys4.jpg

00012p3q.jpg

April Fools Day 2007 (Slight printing error on this one :o ) - One piece soapstone mold

00017qpk.jpg

GeoWoodstock 5 (2007) - 2 piece soapstone mold

00019k06.jpg

000189kx.jpg

Christmas 2007 - 2 piece soapstone mold

I am learning a little, as each edition seems to be a little easier and higher quality.

The metal is lead-free plumbing solder from Home Depot.

Of course, I am dropping older Greek coins too! coins that were left behind when we changed into euros! I believe geocachers like them too! Iti s a souvenir from Greece and a signature item!

0015.jpg

I like the idea of dropping old coins from other countries, especially if you are from there as a signature item. Hey, Gatoulis do you collect gift cards? I have been collecting them from different stores here in the US and I also sell them on ebay with $0 money on them of course. Just as collectors items. I've been thinking of doing something as a signature item for us with those since some of the pictures on them are so pretty and unique.

:lol:Here's a few I snagged off the nearest brickabrack shelf... bear in mind.. I have all my wooden nickels and poker chips and business cards in an album so none of those are on here.. and I have lots more siggys in my collection.. these were just handy.. I love em all.. just don't have time to get em ALL out for a photo op.. maybe someday! :lol:

60419eed-40c4-4a13-8959-2106a7687b2a.jpg

:lol:Here's a few I snagged off the nearest brickabrack shelf... bear in mind.. I have all my wooden nickels and poker chips and business cards in an album so none of those are on here.. and I have lots more siggys in my collection.. these were just handy.. I love em all.. just don't have time to get em ALL out for a photo op.. maybe someday! :huh:

No wonder you love them all........a treat to see, never realised there were so many lovely signature items out there!! :lol:

Of course, I am dropping older Greek coins too! coins that were left behind when we changed into euros! I believe geocachers like them too! Iti s a souvenir from Greece and a signature item!

0015.jpg

I like the idea of dropping old coins from other countries, especially if you are from there as a signature item. Hey, Gatoulis do you collect gift cards? I have been collecting them from different stores here in the US and I also sell them on ebay with $0 money on them of course. Just as collectors items. I've been thinking of doing something as a signature item for us with those since some of the pictures on them are so pretty and unique.

Gift cards? what are these?

In my banknote collection, I have some gift vouchers, some local money, but the vouchers are not discount ones! They have face value! It is like inside (a store) money! For example, Marx& Spenser stores, have gift vouchers that are like banknotes, with watermerks etc!

Are we talking about the same thing?

By gift card, My mind went first to something like a plastic card with value....something like a credit card... But... :lol:

:lol:Here's a few I snagged off the nearest brickabrack shelf... bear in mind.. I have all my wooden nickels and poker chips and business cards in an album so none of those are on here.. and I have lots more siggys in my collection.. these were just handy.. I love em all.. just don't have time to get em ALL out for a photo op.. maybe someday! :huh:

:lol: The wooden stick that looks like the ones in the icecream, is nice!!! Very clever!!!

I saw cows, penguins... I am wondering...how do you know what is a signature item in a cache? I mean, if a cache has many toys etc, how do you know that the cow is a signature item and not a cat toy for example?? I am asking because there is a big possibility thatr I have seen signature items in caches but I didn't know it so I didn't trade for them!!!! :huh:

0015.jpg

In my banknote collection, I have some gift vouchers, some local money, but the vouchers are not discount ones! They have face value! It is like inside (a store) money! For example, Marx& Spenser stores, have gift vouchers that are like banknotes, with watermerks etc!

By gift card, My mind went first to something like a plastic card with value....something like a credit card... But... :lol:

Exactly, they are plastic cards (like credit cards) but a lot of people collect them because of the beautiful pictures that some store put on them. There are even web sites where people trade them like we do geocoins here. Here is the web site where I am also a member http://www.giftcardcollector.com/ If you look at their gallery of cards they have all kinds.

0015.jpg

Exactly, they are plastic cards (like credit cards) but a lot of people collect them because of the beautiful pictures that some store put on them. There are even web sites where people trade them like we do geocoins here. Here is the web site where I am also a member http://www.giftcardcollector.com/ If you look at their gallery of cards they have all kinds.

WOW!!! Well, I do not think there are cards like that here! We only have supermarket cards to collect points with the money we spend when we buy things, and when we collect a number of points (usually it is 200 points, and every point is 3 euros!), you exchange them into a special voucher of 6 euros, 5 euros (it depends of the supermarket). with this voucher you can buy things!

I will check the site! Thank you my friend!!!!!

Another from sort of the center of Maine - firefighterjake works for Bangor Fire and lives in the Unity area. He had makes these wooden ladders and as you see some are painted with colors. Each is numbered and tagged. My collection is far from being complete - BUT - I do have one of the highly sought Orange ladders! LOL

GEDC0281.jpg

My last post for tonight is my collection of Laughing Terry Chickens. LT is self employed but many of us know he also works for a carnival and as a Corrections Officer at the county jail. He is a fun person and also loves to make puzzles. Many of his caches are puzzle caches, such as Thank a TEACHER (GCV3Q7) and SPLAT!! (GCTWKZ). His SI is, yes, those rubber chickens of all sizes and some even do ...... well you know with the egg! I just loved his chicken so much I put out a cache in his honor - called Tribute to Laughing Terry's Chicken (GC1AYMR). Here is my collection of chickens........

GEDC0282.jpg