Gallery of Hand Made Geocoins, Sig coins and tokens.

WOW! That looks great nicolo!! To bad GC.com won't let you get tracking numbers for those.

I'll have to re-read those instructions. How did you do the printing or is that all part of your stamp?

That was part of the stamp.

It makes a great looking Clay GeoCoin.

Hello. Well after a while not being able to get the film I used to make my sig tokens, I had to special order it and has finely arrived , Last night I made a new batch of tokens. So I'm up for trades , drop me a email if interested THX :laughing:

There has been one change since this image, The # is now on the back so the front of token is clean..

siggroup.jpg

My Sig tokens trackable here, glennk721's Sig Token Thanks to Marky

I have 2 people that are long past due to recieve one. ScoutingWV, and GeoSmurfz, I aplogize for the delay, now have materials . If I missed someone please drop me a note .

Glenn

Hello. Well after a while not being able to get the film I used to make my sig tokens, I had to special order it and has finely arrived , Last night I made a new batch of tokens. So I'm up for trades , drop me a email if interested THX :o

There has been one change since this image, The # is now on the back so the front of token is clean..

siggroup.jpg

My Sig tokens trackable here, glennk721's Sig Token Thanks to Marky

I have 2 people that are long past due to recieve one. ScoutingWV, and GeoSmurfz, I aplogize for the delay, now have materials . If I missed someone please drop me a note .

Glenn

Been wanting one of these for some time email sent

Hi all, just wanted to share a picture of my newest FIMO token. I will be at GW5 and the Meet and Greet Poker Event for those of you that would like to trade. I will also have 15 or so necklace FIMO tokens of a different sort if you are interested. I will be the shy one wandering around with Marky&Joani :o

th_CIMG1481.jpg

Quality is poor, sorry, actual token is very vibrant and shiny

Hi all, just wanted to share a picture of my newest FIMO token. I will be at GW5 and the Meet and Greet Poker Event for those of you that would like to trade. I will also have 15 or so necklace FIMO tokens of a different sort if you are interested. I will be the shy one wandering around with Marky&Joani :(

th_CIMG1481.jpg

I will be looking for you at GW5. Love your work. I get so many comments from people about your other tokens I have.

Hi all, just wanted to share a picture of my newest FIMO token. I will be at GW5 and the Meet and Greet Poker Event for those of you that would like to trade. I will also have 15 or so necklace FIMO tokens of a different sort if you are interested. I will be the shy one wandering around with Marky&Joani :(

th_CIMG1481.jpg

if you got any of these left after the event i would love to trade you for one

Hi all, just wanted to share a picture of my newest FIMO token. I will be at GW5 and the Meet and Greet Poker Event for those of you that would like to trade. I will also have 15 or so necklace FIMO tokens of a different sort if you are interested. I will be the shy one wandering around with Marky&Joani :anitongue:

th_CIMG1481.jpg

Very nice! I'll be bringing a bunch of my sig items with me as well so I'd be interested in trading sig items with you (and anyone else there for that matter).

Hmmm... between my coin collection, traders, & sig items, I'm soon gonna have to hire a sherpa for the event. :laughing:

I'm putting together a Token/signature item cache and was wondering if anyone would like to donate a token to the cache? It will be called "Coins, Tokens & Nickels Oh My!" . I'm also putting in some of the pins that come with coins. I've also put in some tokens and nickels that I was sent duplicates of. And of course some of ours are in there and will be replenished every so often. And yes coins too!

Anyone else have a cache like this?

I have run out of items to restock this cache with. If anyone would be interested in having their signature items go into this cache please let me know. It has been a lot of fun seeing the different signatures people come up with over the years, and even more fun getting email from those finding them! If you also have a signature item cache let me know and I will be happy to send you some of mine!

I'm putting together a Token/signature item cache and was wondering if anyone would like to donate a token to the cache? It will be called "Coins, Tokens & Nickels Oh My!" . I'm also putting in some of the pins that come with coins. I've also put in some tokens and nickels that I was sent duplicates of. And of course some of ours are in there and will be replenished every so often. And yes coins too!

Anyone else have a cache like this?

I have run out of items to restock this cache with. If anyone would be interested in having their signature items go into this cache please let me know. It has been a lot of fun seeing the different signatures people come up with over the years, and even more fun getting email from those finding them! If you also have a signature item cache let me know and I will be happy to send you some of mine!

Jen, I'd be more than happy to send you some of mine. :laughing:

WOW guys! Every day I am learning something new!!

The DNF nano coins are lovely!!! I love that they are tiny!!!

I liked the Gramza Gang nickel a lot!!! WOW! That's a great nickel!!! Really good work!!!!

I also liked the poker chips! :laughing:

Oh boy!!! I will be adicted to all coins or coin like items!!!! :D

I have wanted to create this topic for some time now and have seen so many new homemade coins and sigs recently.

Thought it was about time for everyone to have a place to show off the Hand made geocoins, signature coins or anything you may have made that may represent a coin.

Dont be shy...Lets see em!!! And if you posted em in another thread...By all means lets see em again!!! B)

Even If you just have an idea or have seen a cool hand made sig before, lets hear about it! ;)...Dont have one yet?~ Well, better get on it! ;)

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

The thread you are describing got started in December of 2005, but great minds think alike:

LFD's Token thread

Whoa...ill have to go through that one!~Never even saw that one, Thanks!

Well, this topic can either show off the handmade coins of today, merge with the other, or roll on into forum cyberspace, we'll see where it goes.

LFD's topic doesnt seem to see the action it should have since 05 B) ...maybe this new title will bring new things. Gotta admit there has been a bunch of the homemade coins only announced in other threads that just go seen for a short bit.

I venture you'll find some interesting tokens there that no one has seen for a few years. 57chevy's kokopelli tokens are OUTSTANDING, and I still have one hanging in my coin room he made for me. There's also a thread specifically dedicated to wooden nickels somewhere lurking about. Don't feel like getting that linky right now B)

TMA

I've recently created my own hand casted zinc geocoins. These coins are pretty hefty at 2 inches in diameter and 3/8 inches thick. I employ a sand casting mold and a hand carved wooden blank. I prepare the mold, get an imprint of the coin (with individual number) and then pour the molten zinc into the form. I then wait for it to cool, clean it up and later apply colored translucent enamel to the recessed parts of the coin on both sides and apply black paint to the lettering. The whole process takes an hour or so total per coin spread out over a few days.

Here are some pictures of the finished product. Each coin comes with a customized certificate of authenticity. I also make "jumbo" wooden nickels of the same dimension (I used one of my wooden nickels to make the blank for my mold).

Heads Side - the wooden blank used in the mold is on the left, the finished coin is on the right.

cd3e39f5-6a4b-49ef-b3a1-d59644edb9cc.jpg

Tails Side - the wooden blank used in the mold is on the left, the finished coin is on the right.

You can still see some sand from the mold stuck in the lettering of the blank.

69f3de20-0a9b-4aca-be38-50773ecc4519.jpg

For scale.

106cebb7-2d55-4e4e-88a4-26e0fe927ed0.jpg

Edited by Western Mass Clan

Heads Side - the wooden blank used in the mold is on the left, the finished coin is on the right.

cd3e39f5-6a4b-49ef-b3a1-d59644edb9cc.jpg

Those are awesome! I like the process you took to make them! I did a little bit of mold work during High School in Machine shop. The whole process must take quite awhile, especially since you gotta cover the numbers and start over... Id say you need a stamp set B)

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...?Itemnumber=800

How much time do they take ya???

Heres one of my coins I made for PennyPackers secret mission. I have made several of these but none with a penny inlaid. I have made them for the GSA the Easter Coin Bunny and have included them in missions mostly. The very first coins I made of this type were for Geocoinfest 07, I only made about 6 and never got a pic of my first handmades.

I will include the back, and other coins I have made including my newest in a later post...Gotta get a pic and upload the rest!

7c88a975-817b-4bd8-97c3-ce7a70397605.jpg

So far I can think of 3 coins I have made including many variations of this one....Well 4 if you count my sig penny! ;)

Edit to add:Made fer FTF's too! B)

Edited by 007BigD

Wow... the older thread, mentioned above, has some cool items pictured. I love the 57chevy kokopelli coins.

Yeah those are great!!! Nice job 57...You still makin those?

d818be57-191b-4c93-98a2-fb57b3a47ebd.jpg

1cfea385-2e0b-4c87-a28c-7ceda5ccefbf.jpg

I cant see most of the pics...gotta wait till I have better internet...Just shows dang IPB image! B)

Wow... the older thread, mentioned above, has some cool items pictured. I love the 57chevy kokopelli coins.

Yeah those are great!!! Nice job 57...You still makin those?

d818be57-191b-4c93-98a2-fb57b3a47ebd.jpg

1cfea385-2e0b-4c87-a28c-7ceda5ccefbf.jpg

I cant see most of the pics...gotta wait till I have better internet...Just shows dang IPB image! ;)

Yeah that's the one....LOVE IT B);)

WOW!! Tsun, lovely tokens!!! I like the turtule a lot, but the foot of the bear (the 3rd one) is really amazing!!!

I am wondering....tokens made from clay...aren't very sensitive? Don't they break after some use, etc?

Lordzogat I loved the F coin, in gold! Itis like the Azteck gold coins with the curse, in the pirates of the Caribbean 1!!!! WOW!!!

;)I do still have a couple of the Kokopellis left, and am needing to make a new batch. I have to run to Hobby Lobby in the near future so, it won't be long before I have some new ones. The ones I DO have now are in the form of fridge magnets. I normally have a bunch made up, and can make em into keychains, necklaces, fridge magnets or just plain tokens like in the picture, I let whomever I'm trading with choose what they'd like. ;) Hard to believe I'm so low on them. I must have traded a BUNCH of them. B)

;) OK... Pay attention Sig. Item Lovers!!! ;)

COINTEST

Seeing this thread has rekindled my love for sig. items, and knowing how crafty and creative us geocoin people are, I am holding this cointest.

I contacted the OP and he gave the thumbs up for a cointest..

I'm donating a set of the '06 Generic coins for 3 winners, the Gold, the BN, and the BN micro..

I think 007BigD and myself are also gonna throw in some sig items for other random posts.

Winners will be selected by a random draw.

Here's how it works...

To have an entry, you must post a picture of your favorite sig. item/items.

Doesn't have to be YOURS, but one you like, could be anyones siggy.

The post has to have a pic. to be entered!!!

By sig items.. I mean anything someone drops in a cache as a sig item.. :o

could be wooden nickels,

geocoins,

pathtags,

shot glasses,

keychains,

pokerchips,

polymer clay tokens,

glass lenses,

engraved items,

smooshed pennies,

business cards,

rocks,

cash,

vintage tokens..

WHATEVER you consider as a sig item...

Enter as often as you like... the more the merrier... I'd love to see what you all come up with,

and what I'm missing in my collection.. LOL

The winners will be drawn at random at the end of the cointest,

so while you WILL get a big grin from me,

you won't increase your chances by posting a pic. of any of my sig items.

Bribes MAY be accepted.. but again.. they won't increase your chances of winning.

(still gonna be a random draw)

But first and foremost..

Have fun and post often!

Good luck to all.

Oh.. Probably gonna let this run for a week.. maybe two.. depends on how big a response we have.. I know us geocoin people can drag things out for awhile, or shut things down pretty quick.. at least a week though... like I said.. have fun

---- Hakuna Matata ----

If someone is insistant on a definite ending time, we'll say 10 pm central on monday of next week.. if not.. we'll play by ear.

Edited by 57chevy

Thats right folks...A cointest- Imagine that! ;)

Just post your favorite sigs and win a sig!...or maybe a coin! 57's givin up a set of 06 Generic's andsome sigs and Im tossin in one of my personals, a Raku Ceramic coin and a set of my stamped pennies! ;) ...Yep all 3 (a wheatback, LE 1943 steel penny and a Indian Head XLE) Theres only a cacher in Iraq with the full set :o

Have fun and thanks 57 for makin some use of this thread...it'll see some good Homemade coins and sigs yet!...Now lets see em- There's prizes up for grabs! :D

Edited by 007BigD

here is the fisur's geocreation site that has sig items from all over, including some of my old ones! these have been "retired." great place to get more ideas.

http://www.geocities.com/team_fisur/geo-creations/index.html

the key chains were not handmade and were made with gold tone metal. i really liked those and didn't even make sure i kept one for myself!

redshoes.jpg

redshoes2.jpg

lara

Edited by RedShoesGirl

Sig items were my first love in Geocaching. I still and will always collect them! So tomorrow I'll have to get out the camera and take some pics for you. I have some really great and unique ones. For now I'll leave you with my old sig items. I haven't made any in a long time but I think I might again soon!

1. My signature GeoAngel

2. GeoAngel with my Spring 2006 tokens

3. 2007 GeoAngel Tokens

4. Brae V.1 Pathtag

geoangel02.jpg

Kodak024.jpg

Kodak400.jpg

Brae_finished_tag.jpg

OK, OK! I've been meaning for a long time to creat a gallery of all the sigitems on my binder(several hundred at least) so I will work on getting started with some of my favorites for this thread. Is it wrong for some of my own sigitems to be among my favorites??????

Not the best picture if my Raffle Tickets, but It'll do to start. Look up my profile to see links to the games where I give away TB tags (the Raffle is just one of them)dde6e425-83d8-4525-bb30-c5a0b5eb860e.jpg

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Here's a few additional ones I've made over the months for people/caches ;)

etp1.jpg

cachebugtoken.jpg

RandomActs.jpg

These are beautiful.....as are Coyoteguy's tokens, and I love the pirate theme in lordzogat's work too.

Love seeing everybody's creations.....there sure are a lot of very talented folks on here.

I haven't got an artistic bone in my body. :o;)

I haven't got an artistic bone in my body. :o;)

I'm the same way, I've been racking my brain to think of a sig item, but, I'm coming up blank. I would love to get my own coins, but, they are a bit out of my price range for now... I'll think of something though, this thread is inspiring ;)

Edited by Taubin

I have been making these for awhile now. I carved a stamp out of a pink eraser and use it to stamp the tadpole onto fimo clay. The green part has little glitters in it, and the white part glows in the dark. It bakes in the oven, then I write my name on the back with a sharpee and clear coat the entire thing with an air-dry glaze. I drop them into caches and include them in coin trades. :o

tad1.jpg