Gallery of Hand Made Geocoins, Sig coins and tokens.

Getting off topic, but do those of you with wooden nickels use any sort of clear coat on them? or do you just release them as they are??

I have some wooden nickels that I just stamp and thats it. So far so good. Wanna trade? :grin:

For those of you that stamp your own blanks, where do you get your stamp made? I just got my avatar and would like to incorporate it into a stamp. Also, where do you buy your blanks?

Getting off topic, but do those of you with wooden nickels use any sort of clear coat on them? or do you just release them as they are??

I have some wooden nickels that I just stamp and thats it. So far so good. Wanna trade? ;)

For those of you that stamp your own blanks, where do you get your stamp made? I just got my avatar and would like to incorporate it into a stamp. Also, where do you buy your blanks?

:grin: Honestly the best deal on custom stamps I've found was on e-bay. And... Old Time Wooden nickels sell blanks by the pound. :grin:

Edit for schpelling...

Edited by 57chevy

Here are our wooden nickels. We made these from stamps that I had made up with Staples Office Supply. I then colored them in and clear coated them.

<br>

21ceddc3-e2f1-4a1e-a832-44a75c2be42f.jpg

<br>

And here is our poker chip design. We made thes ourselves as well On our inkjet printer.

<br>

e14579b7-9446-4138-9d9c-87cdef32704e.jpg

<br>

This is a poker chip that I made for BigK5, a friend of mine that I work with.

<br>

e54042f8-53a5-4d24-889b-e1f1e74a48af.jpg

Edited by Ziggy Crew

Here are our wooden nickels. We made these from stamps that I had made up with Staples Office Supply. I then colored them in and clear coated them.

<br>

21ceddc3-e2f1-4a1e-a832-44a75c2be42f.jpg

<br>

And here is our poker chip design. We made thes ourselves as well On our inkjet printer.

<br>

e14579b7-9446-4138-9d9c-87cdef32704e.jpg

<br>

This is a poker chip that I made for BigK5, a friend of mine that I work with.

<br>

e54042f8-53a5-4d24-889b-e1f1e74a48af.jpg

Those are cool! How much does it cost to get a stamp made? And as for the poker chips, what kind of stickers are you printing them on?

I am heading to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to find some blank nickels and some Avery label sheets. I picked up the clear coat and small ziplocks today.

Hopefully I'll have some nickels to take with me to Michigan next weekend!

I use laser-burned nickels from this site and release them as-is with no clear coating.

Which site? Groundspeak?

Lol... went one tab too far, thought I was still on geocoins.net

Mine come from geocoins.net If you poke around there, you can order wooden nickels.

i just got my poker chips............. well bought the poker chips seperate and got the special poker chip vinyl stickers........... if anyone wants to know how much and where i got them pm me and will give you details

chip.jpg

It must be getting late :lol: ? I emailed instead of PM'ed, sorry.

I'm putting together a Token/signature item cache and was wondering if anyone would like to donate a token to the cache? It will be called "Coins, Tokens & Nickels Oh My!" . I'm also putting in some of the pins that come with coins. I've also put in some tokens and nickels that I was sent duplicates of. And of course some of ours are in there and will be replenished every so often. And yes coins too!

Anyone else have a cache like this?

I'm putting together a Token/signature item cache and was wondering if anyone would like to donate a token to the cache? It will be called "Coins, Tokens & Nickels Oh My!" . I'm also putting in some of the pins that come with coins. I've also put in some tokens and nickels that I was sent duplicates of. And of course some of ours are in there and will be replenished every so often. And yes coins too!

I'll send you ours.

Eagle-2

In the mail (and not that I've seen, but that don't mean much...)

b45761269.jpg

P.S. Willing to trade tokens if anyones interested. That was kinda the "proof", the real ones are wood background.

Edited by Deweyz

Keep your eyes out for new MetroGT FIMO tokens... went by the store the other day since they were having a sale on clay (1/3 off) and a coupon for 40% off any one item...

I picked up a pasta machine and 22 packs of FIMO!

Time to design a new token!

MetroGT

Keep your eyes out for new MetroGT FIMO tokens... went by the store the other day since they were having a sale on clay (1/3 off) and a coupon for 40% off any one item...

I picked up a pasta machine and 22 packs of FIMO!

Time to design a new token!

MetroGT

Great, I am working on my new token and hope to have it done shortly, save me one of your new ones Metro.

I definately want one!

Gotta have a summerandnana FIMO...

now if only I could figure out what I want to make with my clay... ARGH...

creativity block!

Save me one please and we can trade when I finally finish me new one.

Yours is already in the mail :D

Thanx...

my daughter said "If you put a hole in the top, it would make a keychain"

I think it would definately make a nice zipper pull for your caching bag ;)

I like your coin GG, can you tell me who made them?

Thanks Brae

They are made by a guy that I work with. He has a side business of making scrapbooking cutouts with a laser. His laser is also capable of cutting and etching wood (obviously). If your interested send me an email and I can put you in touch with him. Just and FYI, they run about $1.25 each, not cheap, but cheaper than the real coins. Like I said, they look much better in person. I put one in an air tight coin holder and it looks sweet.

Geocoins.net sells coins wooden coins for $0.65 each. Custom has setup charge (essentially a die fee for a regular coin). And two sided coins are now available.

They are smaller (1.25" diameter) and made of bass wood.

Just an FYI for those looking for places that sell wooden coins.

I just got my wooden blanks in the mail and can't wait to start on the design (I already know, pretty much) but I have a question: Can I use the un-adulterated geocaching symbol on my wooden tokens?

Double check the info on Geocaching.com. You can use the symbol for presonal use, but I believe you can not make more than 100 if memory serves me right.

Just finished my newest nickel and FIMO token.

Here they are!

Smiley Nickel

219408827_ae4157b15d.jpg

Smiley FIMO

219408829_af687a4684.jpg

Some of the FIMOs look better than others, so I'm sorting them out at the moment.

I'll be sending one of each to the few people I am currently in the middle of a trade with.

MetroGT

I currently have my indgeodog wooden nickel for trade and working on my Team GCHound wooden nickel (big thanks to MetroGT). Picture of indgeodog nickel can be seen on my profile page and working on getting a picture of my Team GCHound there. Anyone interested in a trade email me. Thanks :laughing:

mail.gif

b.

Well, it's been a busy week here in New Westminster, with Kermit going to the hospital with what we thought a crushed thumb after he decided to drop a pallet of water bottle caps on himself.

Turns out that there were no broken bones, but lots of pain.

The packages finally made their way out yesterday (sorry for the delay) and we have received our first token from summerandnana.

Thank you all for trading...

3bunts, Shootie, The Amigos, 57chevy, geowelch, SirGerald, Damenace, tucson twosome