Gallery of Hand Made Geocoins, Sig coins and tokens.

I finally decided to get into the sig item end of the trading spectrum and I've just finished making some ScoutingWV poker chips.

ScoutingWV_Chip.jpg

<gulp - here goes ... >

Anyone wanna trade sig items?

I'll post a picture of the blue one, but I also made them with green, red, white, and black chips also. I've got about 30 made for an event this weekend, and I'll make the rest as trades are confirmed. I'm not too fast, so please bear with me. All I promise is that they ship faster than a Wyoming geocoin. B)

Colors shipped will be random. Email me through my profile if interested.

Thanks!

In my area, BomberJohn has a really nice looking one. It has faded scales in the background of the front and the rim if the coin is burnt in a dark umber. Really cool!

Thanks TH1981&BIR for your kind words. That was my 2005 wooden nickel. I found a Mountain Wanderer wooden nickel and had to have one of my own. It was a stock design laser etched nickel from geocoins.net.

For 2006, I wanted to use my own logo on my nickel. So, I went with the wooden nickels from geonickels.com. They were cheaper and I had total design control.

I have been placing these plastic engraved tokens off and on for the past couple of years. They are sized so they can fit in a film canister, which is how I normally carry a supply around. There are actually several colors made, depending on the type of scrap engraving material was around at the time. I used the same graphic for my 'real' coin that came out about 3 weeks ago.

Eagles61_token.jpg

I have been placing these plastic engraved tokens off and on for the past couple of years. They are sized so they can fit in a film canister, which is how I normally carry a supply around. There are actually several colors made, depending on the type of scrap engraving material was around at the time. I used the same graphic for my 'real' coin that came out about 3 weeks ago.

Eagles61_token.jpg

I like this idea, what are you using for engraving? Your lines seem very uniform, can they be altered at all? - Hound

I like this idea, what are you using for engraving? Your lines seem very uniform, can they be altered at all? - Hound

The tokens are a phenolic plastic material, same that is used for engraved nametags,(like at a bank or someones desk). The original graphic was a jpeg that was imported into Autocad 'traced' and then plotted to a laser engraver. I imagine the lines could be alterered by changing the lineweights in the plot setup.

Getting off topic, but do those of you with wooden nickels use any sort of clear coat on them? or do you just release them as they are??

I spray mine with a clearcoat, because we also add color to our stamped image (the green is not permanent ink, but our stamp is). I had one accidentally go thru the washing machine, and it came out like new (and mountain-fresh scented).

Eagles61_token.jpg

I picked one of these out of a cache nearly 2 years ago. I don't recall if it was in Wisconsin or Idaho however....might have even been california. It was the first geotoken I had seen.

Very cool tokens.

There is one Geocoin selling place that specializes in wooden coins. I don't think I can mention it by name, but it's found several times on my reference page. They provide a service of making quantities of very nicely done wooden tokens. I've been very impressed with the work that they've done.

I guess if someone really wants to find out, and can't figure it out on the reference page, I could give you this final hint... they do geocoins, and they are found on the net.

I've been out for a while but REALLY enjoyed what I am seeing on this forum and would like to trade with anyone who wants to. :anicute: We have several different styles of sculpy tokens and a wooden nickel and some micro shriky's.

Have Fun

Blenz :yikes:

I actually made up a batch of wooden nickels last night. I have 2 different poker chips, but I changed my design, so I decided to go with wooden nickels this time. Here is the front and back images of the Wooden Nickel.

132585229_5012b716b8_m.jpg

Edited by MetroGT

I just got my wooden blanks in the mail and can't wait to start on the design (I already know, pretty much) but I have a question: Can I use the un-adulterated geocaching symbol on my wooden tokens?

As long as you're not selling them I'm pretty sure it's ok. Just put me on your trader list when you get em' done. :blink:

I just got my wooden blanks in the mail and can't wait to start on the design (I already know, pretty much) but I have a question: Can I use the un-adulterated geocaching symbol on my wooden tokens?

As long as you're not selling them I'm pretty sure it's ok. Just put me on your trader list when you get em' done. :blink:

NOT SELLING!!!!!

And you betcha :o - 57chevy's are the best!

Anyone that wants one of my new wooden nickels... just drop me an email and I'll put you on a list and you will get the number according to request. I'm keeping 001 and we are currently at 007. If we have previously made a trade.... you are on the list!

If we haven't... all I ask is that you drop me one of your sig item/nickels.

Thanx,

MetroGT

token2.jpg

token1.jpg

token3.jpg

So here is my token, 57chevy. I picked out the number I thought you'd want. My original name was ATMousebusters90 - it was my husband's and my trail name on the Appalachian Trail when we hiked it in 1990, so we used it for caching. Then he wanted his own name and I got tired of writing the darned thing, so I kept it, sort of and shortened it to ATMouse. My husband took "Toolman47". We both got stamps (mine was my atavar for a long time) and well, I used them for the token. I think it turned out well enough...

What do you think?

The edge has "CACHING SINCE SEPTEMBER 28, 2003" woodburned on it - it's a combination of inks, woodburning and applied glitter stuff, with urethane to keep it.

NYGO, is of course, the NY Geocacher's Organization and ACCA is the Allegany County Cacher's Association; I am a member of both. The shamrock is for my Irish heritage, kinda obvious, I suppose...

Edited by ATMouse

So here is my token, 57chevy. I picked out the number I thought you'd want. My original name was ATMousebusters90 - it was my husband's and my trail name on the Appalachian Trail when we hiked it in 1990, so we used it for caching. Then he wanted his own name and I got tired of writing the darned thing, so I kept it, sort of and shortened it to ATMouse. My husband took "Toolman47". We both got stamps (mine was my atavar for a long time) and well, I used them for the token. I think it turned out well enough...

What do you think?

The edge has "CACHING SINCE SEPTEMBER 28, 2003" woodburned on it - it's a combination of inks, woodburning and applied glitter stuff, with urethane to keep it.

NYGO, is of course, the NY Geocacher's Organization and ACCA is the Allegany County Cacher's Association; I am a member of both. The shamrock is for my Irish heritage, kinda obvious, I suppose...

Now THAT's what makes sig items so cool to me! Get an idea and make'em about YOU.

With rare exception, I think that all of the sig items I have show much more creativity and personality than the coins in my collection.

Nice job!

token2.jpg

token1.jpg

token3.jpg

What do you think?

:laughing: WOW, You definitely have mail... :ph34r:

For those of you I have not traded sig items with yet (and those of you I have but you have new ones to offer), I figured I would post a pic of my sig item. I forgot it was online, but I was bouncing around the MIGO homepage today and found it. Anyway, here it is:

moopalonea.jpg

moopaloneb.jpg

The 2006 versions of my poker chips actually have color matched lettering, i.e. this red chip actually has red ink instead of green. Who wants em? :(