COINTEST: COINTEST TIME!

Rockin Roddy

OK everyone, the LHD II is now OVER! A year's worth of planning and working has really paid off, we had an AWESOME time! THANKS to all who made the trip out to visit with us, find new caches and enjoy the cookoff...winner was our friends the LightPeople with their wonderful Coca-Cola Chicken...WOW! The Lightpeople walked away with the top prize of the "Geocaching Jedi" coin, but all contestants were winners!!

Sooo....here's my chance to give back to those who donated wonderful prizes or helped otherwise to make this event sooo much fun! I have 3 gold event coins to give out, all you need to do is post a picture of YOURSELF in an event photo. Picture CAN contain a member of your caching team, but MUST have someone from your team in it to win, and MUST be at an event! Post your pics between now and maybe Tuesday evening or so (we'll determine the exact ending time soon) and we'll give out a coin for the pic I like best as well as two random draws.

Rules are simple...just post a pic with you or a member of your caching team to win. Post as many as you like BUT, there MUST be a pic in the post to win. Please identify your image in the pic when possible!!

Oh...and I might have a little something extra as well...to be continued!

edited as I forget things often and mistakenly listed The LightPeople as winning the "Don't Fence Me In" coin. LadyBee4T won the "Don't Fence Me In" coin by finding the most items on the scavenger hunt list (69)! Congrats to both and THANKS to ALL those who sponsored our event, especially Luke Skywalker and Wildcat Kelly!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

Well, I guess I do not qualify, ´cause I have not been to that event...

But I am posting a picture anyway:

f829be5a-2e9f-41fc-8966-71304a2384d3.jpg

That was at the Dönerstag in Gütersloh

I am sitting on the TB Het kistje which took the whole backset of my car to transport it to the event :D

Good luck to everyone, who will be posting in this cointest :wub:

By the way, I would like to see a pic of the holder of the cointest at the event :wub:

The following pic is of a real beauty sitting in the TB on the same event. It´s no teammember of me though.... :)

I am standing in the upper right corner of the pic :)

d5ca2209-11a2-4acd-9303-cd48999ae917.jpg

Edited by Tschakko

I am sitting on the TB Het kistje which took the whole backset of my car to transport it to the event :)

Good luck to everyone, who will be posting in this cointest :D

By the way, I would like to see a pic of the holder of the cointest at the event :wub:

If this photo was taken at ANY event, you are IN my friend!!

Oh, and be careful what you wish for as you might just get it...and I'm not overly photogenic!! lol :wub:

If this photo was taken at ANY event, you are IN my friend!!

Oh, and be careful what you wish for as you might just get it...and I'm not overly photogenic!! lol B)

Thank you for telling me, you were posting that info while I was writing on my post ;)

I already edited my post to fullfill your wish of funny kids pics :)

I do not think I am photogenic either, I have been posting anyway, just to scare all the other cointestants away ;)B)

I am sitting on the TB Het kistje which took the whole backset of my car to transport it to the event B)

Good luck to everyone, who will be posting in this cointest :D

By the way, I would like to see a pic of the holder of the cointest at the event :)

The following pic is of a real beauty sitting in the TB on the same event. It´s no teammember of me though.... B)

I am standing in the upper right corner of the pic :)

That's little Luana B) I must be somewhere around there, too, I was sitting at the table where your picture was taken from, but I don't have a picture of me at that event... ;)

I will have to ask someone if they have pictures of me, I don't take pictures of myself at events... ;):)

Here's a pic from the Geocoinfest Multi Event from last fall. I am in the front row with the Geocoinfest t-shirt on and PengoBeky is in front of me.

c048e72b-dbfd-4e35-afaf-df3e11b31156.jpg

This was taken at the very first event that we attended, Déjeuner rencontre de l'A.G.O. : (All of PengoFamily)

e1494d39-e664-4a74-a72d-fb2360b7e494.jpg

Here's PengoBeky at the first Avalanche event that we attended in 2007:

dc9c1357-0f92-40c4-868f-7733392859c9.jpg

Here's PengoBeky showing off her budding coin and sig item collection at the event Session d'échange de géopièces - Hiver 2007:

090e778b-efe0-4575-af4c-b02de03b2d68.jpg

The following pic is of a real beauty sitting in the TB on the same event. It´s no teammember of me though.... B)

I am standing in the upper right corner of the pic B)

That's little Luana :D I must be somewhere around there, too, I was sitting at the table where your picture was taken from, but I don't have a picture of me at that event... ;)

I will have to ask someone if they have pictures of me, I don't take pictures of myself at events... ;):)

I wouldn´t have had a picture of myself at that event either, if it wasn´t for the Tbs sake :)

Thank you for telling me the name of the little one, there were too many new faces that evenint, I do not remember all of them... :)

Photo of an event? Unfortunatelly I can not participate in this cointest! No events here! There were only 2 events in Greece, far away for me and...I was not even registered when they happen! I didn't even know what geocaching is! B)

I could post photos when we are geocaching, photos that are not in our gallery (I have none there), but they are not even photos!

meandChipatpicnic.jpg

Here is myself and Chip at our very first local event back in 2003

meandChipwwfm2.jpg

And here we are at the WWFM II that we cohosted in 2007. We have not made it to any Mega Events yet but I'm hoping we can either make it to the Event in Pittsburgh and I defininitely want to try to make it to Geowoodstock in TN next year if we have descent transportation and the funds.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...=y&decrypt=

This should take you to the photo I tried to post. I'm in the red shirt on the right there. Others in the pic are Nurse Nanna front left (blue shirt), Team CoyChev Gary (maroon shirt seated), SeegertSeekers (background left, dk blue shirt), LadyBee4T (standing in background, blue shirt), BusYard is in front of me in the MiGO shirt and last is Cyclops who won the staff in the auction!

If looking for this pic, go down to good friends...cold brew! GeoBana really did well with the picture taking, I hope others post more. my camera, even with newly charged batteries (or that's what Kaleb said) went dead after only a few pics... :-(

Edited by Rockin Roddy

This should take you to the photo I tried to post. I'm in the red shirt on the right there. Others in the pic are Nurse Nanna front left (blue shirt), Team CoyChev Gary (maroon shirt seated), SeegertSeekers (background left, dk blue shirt), LadyBee4T (standing in background, blue shirt), BusYard is in front of me in the MiGO shirt and last is Cyclops who won the staff in the auction!

56963e02-0709-4991-ac8e-a252e2de0cfe.jpg

Thx, now I see some of the peoples faces, that I have read that much about. B)

Sure looks like a fun event you guys had over there ;)

I'm such a computer idiot lol!!

Couldn't figure out how to even post a URL for the pics, they weren't mine and I was having trouble!!

In this pic: Front and centered it starts with Sally (Geopigs), Jim (Geopigs), Beverly (LadyBee4T) and myself. Far left and in distance (holding up the post) is Sue (Tank Hounds)!

I'm such a computer idiot lol!!

Couldn't figure out how to even post a URL for the pics, they weren't mine and I was having trouble!!

In this pic: Front and centered it starts with Sally (Geopigs), Jim (Geopigs), Beverly (LadyBee4T) and myself. Far left and in distance (holding up the post) is Sue (Tank Hounds)!

Don't feel bad, I had a time figuring it out the first few times. I post every pic I want to put on here in photobucket and then post it here. If I don't do for a long time I have to play around and figure it out all over again?

Here's some pics from our CITO event in Okinawa.

Cachling #1 - Alex

AlexCITO.jpg

Cachling #2 - Abby

AbbyCITO.jpg

Event Photo - Joe on the far left in orange, Nicole on the far right in a green tanktop (I ran the wrong way after setting the camera), Alex is the shortest of the group of 4 boys, and Abby is off to the right chasing butterflies...she took off right before the camera flashed.

CITOGroup.jpg

Thanx for the cointest!

Edited by Clandoyle

This was fun!!

I love events.

9e481de1-99ef-4d96-bccb-067fbb930a8e.jpg

fiabus is handing out christmas gifts at our glöggevent 2007. our daughters back is closest to the camera also.

At FAD 2007. Some nightcaching, this event is so much fun. fiabus to the right in the picture.

196b2656-620e-4b0e-9c80-b1ffb234be43.jpg

This is at CITO 2007, Simon is 18 days at this time when he is attending his first event.

932df9a0-1d9f-4990-b95b-61f1d7c3486f.jpg

grodan Karin

Edited by grodan & fiabus

Now this will be my last entry for this cointest, I haven´t been to that many events, yet B)

This event Party im Großstadtdschungel was organized by myself in a restaurant called Balou. we were in the Dshungle Book room, as you can see on the walls B)

On the following pic you see myself on the left side, unfortnately not looking into the camera ;)

63f0c188-f679-4fd6-8852-4d2d68218661.jpg

On the next pic you can see a teammember of tiemann&friends searching for a cache ;) As you may guess there is none under the table :)

acf7b081-7b20-4325-bb98-14af0358eab4.jpg

At this event the really large TB that I referred to above was left over, that´s why I had to take it with me :):)

Here's a couple of pictures from PsYkO.ns' First Annual Halifax Christmas Dessert Potluck [GC17FTH] event last December:

eventpic1.jpg

Myself and 'plus2' (my daughter Anika)

eventpic2.jpg

This isn't a member of my 'team', it's El_Nimrod, the best dressed Christmas tree at the event.

If looking for this pic, go down to good friends...cold brew! GeoBana really did well with the picture taking, I hope others post more. my camera, even with newly charged batteries (or that's what Kaleb said) went dead after only a few pics... :-(

This is the picture that Rod had named everyone from the Lazy Hayes Days event.

5da9f2bc-c23f-4dba-b6b1-fc5fbfc3af90.jpg

Well here in Indiana we are having what they call the 100 year flood. This last Saturday was the Introduction to Geocaching Event at McCloud . We recieved several inches of rain in less then an hour and flooding was horrible. It took me an hour to go 20 miles. But one set of cachers made it their in a Mini Cooper and another in a VW. I was glad I was in my truck.

I am the guy in the black shirt second from the left. As you can see the river had flooded everything. None of the caches in the park survived. But we all still had fun.

abba5498-ed75-4ba4-96fd-cde43c6287fc.jpg

Edited by rsfish1

See if you can figure out the common thread here B)

b6930578-8c2c-424a-86ac-78917082b0c0.jpg

Me and 007BigD ;)

b42e73b2-b8b1-4347-80c9-c671eeeb6643.jpg

Me with Castleman and Lori :)

a6ae7599-f31e-4d7b-8b4d-247741047d3c.jpg

OMG, is Fire Elemental licking my ear??

And finally, me with some Groundspeak royalty!

2d334a4e-3a93-4e03-888f-04566735fdd3.jpg

*hey, why no kisses from Jeremy??*

B) Naomi ;)

lol You sure are thin!! And awfully light on your feet as well!

Here is the entire crew (at least everyone who stayed for the photo) who attended GeoJamboree 6 in Kettletown State Park in Connecticut this weekend.

I am wearing a Navy Blue tshirt and am standing behind the woman kneeling in the pink shirt. Can you find me? B)

dce12d46-9a6c-4741-a3a2-dd1d1ed3aa18.jpg

This is from an event that I helped put together. I was co-host and it was a blast. And yeah I know I look like a dork, but thats me!

dabe5aa7-4e5b-4c35-afbe-7857ad403296.jpg

This is from Operation Recreation in St Mary's PA. Our first event ever and it was fun.

4874889d-cf24-411b-86a2-f325422105f2.jpg

A group of us gettin ready to eat at Mid-winter blahs event. yeah I have my name tag on my head.

43582470-86b0-4aaa-812e-875cb6831ab8.jpg

Thats it. I have only been to 6 events and have only taken a few pics.

Congrat's on the success of your event ;)

THANKS Tsun, we really enjoyed hosting this. I hope our volunteers feel the same!!

Plans will begin for next year's event! We're growing a bit, so maybe we'll hit 150 attendees next year!! This year, we had 71 official attendees sign the registration, but we figure it to be closer to 100 as we had several walk-in including a Girl Scout troop!

Get those pics in everyone, I'm really enjoying seeing all those faces! It almost seems like a virtual event! B)

Congrat's on the success of your event B)

THANKS Tsun, we really enjoyed hosting this. I hope our volunteers feel the same!!

Plans will begin for next year's event! We're growing a bit, so maybe we'll hit 150 attendees next year!! This year, we had 71 official attendees sign the registration, but we figure it to be closer to 100 as we had several walk-in including a Girl Scout troop!

Get those pics in everyone, I'm really enjoying seeing all those faces! It almost seems like a virtual event! ;)

Hmm.. then can I participate in the cointest by posting our photos too? It will be my virtual event!!! ;)

Remember... nobody has ever seen us! :)

Congrat's on the success of your event B)

Get those pics in everyone, I'm really enjoying seeing all those faces! It almost seems like a virtual event! :)

Hmm.. then can I participate in the cointest by posting our photos too? It will be my virtual event!!! :)

Remember... nobody has ever seen us! ;)

:DB):D He Gatoulis, your cointest addicted, my friend :)B);)

Congrat's on the success of your event :)

Get those pics in everyone, I'm really enjoying seeing all those faces! It almost seems like a virtual event! :)

Hmm.. then can I participate in the cointest by posting our photos too? It will be my virtual event!!! :D

Remember... nobody has ever seen us! B)

:D:D:D He Gatoulis, your cointest addicted, my friend ;)B);)

:)B):D Yes! I admit it! I like the fun of the cointests, so..

Hmm.. then can I participate in the cointest by posting our photos too? It will be my virtual event!!! :D

:D:D Oke a tip for you, create your own private event, so you can joy this cointest :D:D

:D:D Oke a tip for you, create your own private event, so you can joy this cointest :D:D

Well, according to what I saw in the other events in Greece, I do not think they were more than 10-15 persons! Since I am the only geocacher in the greek area under Athens, (maybe with one exception, a guy who is in a university in Pelopponese, but he is not from there), and the only one in the greek islands.... If I make an event, me, my sister and my brother in law (all under my code name) will be the only ones there! So, I can even make an event in my room! :D

There are not many geocachers in Greece, so... I do not think we are more than 30! So....:D

Well, according to what I saw in the other events in Greece, I do not think they were more than 10-15 persons! Since I am the only geocacher in the greek area under Athens, (maybe with one exception, a guy who is in a university in Pelopponese, but he is not from there), and the only one in the greek islands.... If I make an event, me, my sister and my brother in law (all under my code name) will be the only ones there! So, I can even make an event in my room! :D

There are not many geocachers in Greece, so... I do not think we are more than 30! So....:D

:With 3 persons you can make a gatoulis event, show your coins and hide a cache in a digs and you have a event.

Or maybe Rockin Roddy close a eye for you. :D

i hope you are not to sad and enjoy the photo's from other cachers. [coiners]

Of course I enjoy the photos of other cachers! ;) I like these things!

Hmm...make an even with the 3 members of gatoulis....sounds interesting!!! Of course I thought that events are to get know other cachers too, but in my case... B)

And I can hide my nano cache somewhere in the house!!! ;)

The first time I did this, it was for a joke, and then I found it difficult to find it after that! :)

Here's a picture of a bunch of us mugging for the camera (some of us trying to look tough, it seems, LOL) at MOGA 2008

img0076ut7.jpg

L-R: Me (Arthur of Arthur & Trillian), Paula (the artistic half of CinemaBoxers), Tim (57chevy) and Melanie (Moose-r-us)

B)

We're so Gangsta! Fashizzle! LOL

Keep in mind this was Friday night, post beer tasting. LOL (For me at least!! LOL)

~P

;)Here's another pic from MOGA.. B)

Not quite the Gangsta look but a great gang of folks to go caching with. Fashizzle!

af894af8-c0bd-4bbc-b710-397c4074e400.jpg

In the Hizzouse...

Left to right...

Arthur & Trillian, Moose-R-Us, Mr.Redden, Me (57Chevy), BolingbrookJoe, Cinemaboxers Jim, Cinemaboxers Paula

Edited by 57chevy

This is the organizers of the Lehigh Valley Flash Mob Event. I'm the one on crutches (thanks to a caching accident B) )

b9add459-fafd-4b5a-9096-c878cfdbbe0e.jpg

The person at the ammo can is The Caching Nuts, then DB2 , don't know who has their back to the camera, and I. The puppy is Kirby and he is his own TB! (owned by DB2)