Hieroglyphs on pages.

JABs

it appears to have been placed into the page source by the owner or the software the owner was using .

"http://img.geocaching.com/user/79b2f004-5056-4f61-96ad-007ac8e3a23c.jpg">

</center>

!ƒȌᴈ瞿</span>

</p>

GCRCEP also has similar symbols in thier code

<span id="ShortDescription">Dieser Cache ist der 15. von insgesamt 57 die ich auf der Insel

verteilen will.Am Dorfteich liegt er gut versteckt.

!ƤČᴈ瞿</span>

</p>

both pages have

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd xhtml 1.0 transitional//en" "http://www.w3.org/tr/xhtml1/dtd/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml">

<head>

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="../favicon.ico" />

<link rel="icon" href="../favicon.ico" />

at the top of the page source code. I believe its a windoze thing.

There was a known bug that would add 8 or so random characters to cache descriptions. I thought I saw that this was fixed in a recent site code patch, but I'm still seeing it happen for new listings.

I was not aware that there is a term for this. What is the definition of "hydrogithics?" I thought "hydro" related to water.

I was not aware that there is a term for this. What is the definition of "hydrogithics?" I thought "hydro" related to water.

I think he means hieroglyphs.

Thanks for the correction of spelling.

GCVQ4A just adding one found today.

edit to add GC above.

Edited by JABs

I noticed this on a cache that I recently submitted. This cache was created and listed after the latest GC update.

The extra characters are at the end of the cache description that a user can input. Check it out, they are just above the hint: Seth's Cache.

The HTML box is not checked. There are no blank spaces after the last of the text. I did not knowingly add anything but text to the cache description.

The strange thing is each time I load the page there are different characters and different amounts of them.

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI

The strange thing is each time I load the page there are different characters and different amounts of them.

Wow! that is weird. I just saw a character I didn't recognize at all - reloaded the page, and now there's a whole different set....

瑳汹eƪČᴈ瞿

ơČᴈ瞿

ǞȌᰀ婀

ƙČᰀ婀

4 loads, 4 sets of whatsits?? all with ?? at the end.....

Edited by Isonzo Karst

Has anyone noticed strange hydrogithics on cache pages.

eg.- !ԋ䗉䗃ęԌᴈ瞿

this one found on LEAP YEAR (GC18WDQ).

Will post others as I find them,

Appears to be mostly Chinese, not hieroglyphs... with a few other foreign characters thrown in. Some sort of unicode characters apparently (16 or 32 bit ascii instead of 8bit), although its probably either random or just made with really buggy software because the example you give looks like a mixture of Chinese, Korean, Greek, and some extended european characters....

maybe we should keep track of who's posts have this - and find out what software he's using, and what GPS - could be a bug in the firmware of his GPS - or the map software he's using...

maybe we should keep track of who's posts have this - and find out what software he's using, and what GPS - could be a bug in the firmware of his GPS - or the map software he's using...

They aren't in posts; they're in cache descriptions. And I don't see how the cache owner's GPS firmware or map software could possibly be relevant :blink:

Its secret code to the reviewers. you should not be able to see it. Obviously since you can we need to fix it. It contains the marching orders for the reviewers. Its all part of the plan to achieve world domination through subversive religion masquerading as science.

Its secret code to the reviewers. you should not be able to see it. Obviously since you can we need to fix it. It contains the marching orders for the reviewers. Its all part of the plan to achieve world domination through subversive religion masquerading as science.

Message received. Task Force Bullfrog has been activated and we are launching Plan Lily Pad this evening. We will start with the puzzle caches just like you said.

LOL

Obviously the issue hasn't been resolved! Somebody notices it every once and awhile and makes note of it here.

I'll Markwell you back to June of this year: Hieroglyphs on pages.

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI

I've also seen this already months ago, but it has't bothered enough to check the forums before.

Apparently GPX files of these affected caches does NOT contain any extra 'glyphs'.