nuvi only gets me within 100ft

I tried our nuvi760 for the 1st time yesterday while geocaching. I quickly found that it on seems to get me with about 100 ft of the cache. It's says I am there! Once at the cache area and walking around it doesn't move, just stays locked onto the destination location.

How do I make it get me within a few feet like an old handheld GPS I use?

If I can't it will have to be returned :blink:

I tried our nuvi760 for the 1st time yesterday while geocaching. I quickly found that it on seems to get me with about 100 ft of the cache. It's says I am there! Once at the cache area and walking around it doesn't move, just stays locked onto the destination location.

How do I make it get me within a few feet like an old handheld GPS I use?

If I can't it will have to be returned :blink:

If the cache is near a road then you will need to set the navigation mode to off road otherwise it locks on the nearest road.

I've used my 760 to find a few caches and it got me as close as my 60CSx, although not nearly as conveniently with the lack of a compass screen.

Hi Mike330R, it is a problem of the Nuvi range. The main reason why I bought a GPSMap60CSx also.

Try the following, after setting Navigation to "OFF ROAD" go back to the main screen. Tap on the signal strength bars icon left top, some has to be hold down for a few seconds and then the Satellite page will show.

On the bottom the coordinates of your current position are shown, match it up by moving about, with the coords of the cache (piece of paper needed.)

Not ideal obviously, but the Nuvi has other strong points going for it.

Hi Mike330R, it is a problem of the Nuvi range. The main reason why I bought a GPSMap60CSx also.

Try the following, after setting Navigation to "OFF ROAD" go back to the main screen. Tap on the signal strength bars icon left top, some has to be hold down for a few seconds and then the Satellite page will show.

On the bottom the coordinates of your current position are shown, match it up by moving about, with the coords of the cache (piece of paper needed.)

Not ideal obviously, but the Nuvi has other strong points going for it.

The 760 has a direction arrow in the lower right corner of the map screen which shows the direction to the destination when in offroad mode. You can tap the lower left corner to view the trip computer which will show distance to the cache. You can just keep tapping the lower left corner to switch between the map screen with the directional arrow and the trip computer with the distance to the cache.