Magellan Explorist 500LE

Has anybody else had a problem marking a cache as found with their Explorist 500LE. I always download my caches as a .loc file using Mapsend lite v2.00 and put them into a file for caches in that area. Once I find a cache I mark it as found and it will sometimes disappear from the list (good) and other times it wont disappear (bad). I also have had it disappear from the list just to reappear after finding a few more caches and marking them as found. Is there something I am doing wrong or does my 500LE have a problem. Thanks for any help.

I have an eXplorist 600 with the latest firmware, and mine does the same thing. When I mark a cache as found, it will display with a tick on the icon, but after power off/on only some of the found caches remain marked as found, and therefore excluded from the GOTO list.

My auto power off doesn't reliably work either. My unit was returned to the Magellan agent in Australia several times with this problem. Eventually they gave me a new unit, but it also displayed the same problem. Just a quirk in the system I guess - just don't expect a firmware fix!

Love the unit otherwise ...

Sean

I have the Explorist 500NA and I have similar problems with the "FOUND" caches. Mine doesn't unmark them when i turn the unit on/off, i find that mine sometimes unmarks them when i do a update on the .gs file, but there are other times when I can update the .gs file a few times over and they remain marked as found. I too will be interested to hear if someone knows what the problem is.