2008 JellyFish Geocoin

LionsLair

I have run across this coin and would like to know something about it. It appears to be new, but I can't find it on any websites anywhere. I would like to add one to my collection, but am not sure where it came from. Is it a mystery coin? ....a personal coin? ....it also has it's own unique icon that resembles the coin. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks...

42d77204-f161-4e04-85f7-a1c1cdc5f6c4.jpg

The coin was never available for sale. The owner of the coin is Jellyfish. He's a great guy too! :blink::D I received one as a gift. I do not know if he is trading any though. It is pretty recent within the last couple of months I would say. It is not a mystery coin.

Thanks for the info. I knew someone would know about it. Very nice coin! I will have to see if he has any available, or might possibly be interested in a trade. again, Thanks....

Yep yep. No trades on this geocoin. Unless you have a pile of pathtags lying around. He gave me one of them last time I saw him.

TMA

:blink:

I saw this coin in person at an event with Step-N-Fetch-it. I forgot to send an email to Jellyfish about how to get one of his coins. Now I see it's not possible, unless I can convince DiB to give up pathtags that are in his collection that he traded for.

And I really liked this coin too.

I'm glad you all like my new Jellyfish Geocoin. I think they came out great.

When I started this project six months ago, I had no intention of selling or trading my coin. I don’t collect geocoins. I collect Pathtags.

At this time, I still feel that way. They are gifts for geocaching friends and Pathtag buddies.

But, I will consider a trade for Pathtags that I do not have. If you have Pathtags, or have friends with Pathtags that would like to trade, let me know and maybe we can work out a deal.

After the Midwest Geobash in August, I may start selling and/or trading what I have left.

If you are going to the Midwest Geobash, please find me. I'll be there every day.

I'm curious, where did you first see my coin at?

We saw these a while back, but really got a good look at our event over the weekend...NICE!! Email sent with addy my friend, THANKS!! I know I said I'd forget, but with a thread honoring your coin, it was easily remembered!

Oh, and VERY nicely done my friend, I LOVE this shaped coin!!

.....But, I will consider a trade for Pathtags that I do not have.

That would be great, but I'm sure you have the pathtags I have, as they come from cachers in your general neck of the woods. (TikiBirds and Psychic Cacher)... besides these were gifts from them and I prefer not to trade them

.....I'm curious, where did you first see my coin at?

I'm not real sure how I stumble upon it, but I believe I was looking at someones profile and saw the icon. From there I started researching where it came from as I was facsinated with it. After not turning up much, I asked the coin community, and the rest is history. I knew someone knew something about it.

BTW, great coin! I am looking forward to seeing one in person one day. If not in a cache, maybe at an event or in someones collection. B) Again, great job....

For those who are interested, there will be two sets up for grabs at the MidWest Geobash Silent Auction. ;)

We can't come to that one B)

We've only got enough money to go to the CoinFest (seeing as we're also going to Michigan for a week during the 4th of July), and we have my stepson the week of the MWGB. Hmm, do I escape and spend about $300 in gas to go for a day?

;)

I finally got my hands on one of these at FFF4 and made a trade for it! It's mine now! I have had this in my sights for months and when I was asked if I had seen one, I said not up close, but I do know who made it and that it's only a trade or gift coin... Thank you Team TopKat for the trade!

I'm glad you all like my new Jellyfish Geocoin. I think they came out great.

When I started this project six months ago, I had no intention of selling or trading my coin. I don’t collect geocoins. I collect Pathtags.

At this time, I still feel that way. They are gifts for geocaching friends and Pathtag buddies.

But, I will consider a trade for Pathtags that I do not have. If you have Pathtags, or have friends with Pathtags that would like to trade, let me know and maybe we can work out a deal.

After the Midwest Geobash in August, I may start selling and/or trading what I have left.

If you are going to the Midwest Geobash, please find me. I'll be there every day.

I'm curious, where did you first see my coin at?

would you consider a trade for a chiro-cache pathtag...I think I was #57 made

I think this is one of the most beautiful coins I´ve seen. Some day I hope one can swim into my collection. I have tried to find some pathtags to trade for it but it is hard. ;) He has already very many. Maybe I can bribe him with something. Hmm, have to keep trying. :D

grodan Karin

Wohooo, it worked!!

I have a nice golden Jellyfish coin. Thank you very much. It came last week but I forgot about this thread.

grodan Karin

Hi Karin, glad you got a Jellyfish, they are such a nice coin, one of my favourites. I managed to scare up some aussie path tags for a trade, got hold of trades he was looking for and we got a golden one as a wedding present ;) as well as some very cool tags.

We'd love to get a hold of your frog and cat coins, they are very cute too :D Also have seen your tags too :ph34r:

cheers

Gayle & Mark

I think this is one of the most beautiful coins I´ve seen. Some day I hope one can swim into my collection. I have tried to find some pathtags to trade for it but it is hard. :D He has already very many. Maybe I can bribe him with something. Hmm, have to keep trying. :ph34r:

grodan Karin

Wohooo, it worked!!

I have a nice golden Jellyfish coin. Thank you very much. It came last week but I forgot about this thread.

grodan Karin

Ah, but Karin, your bribes did not work. I mailed the coin to you over a week before you mailed your bribes. ;)

I love it when a plan comes together! :lol:

Edited by Jellyfish

I think this is one of the most beautiful coins I´ve seen. Some day I hope one can swim into my collection. I have tried to find some pathtags to trade for it but it is hard. :D He has already very many. Maybe I can bribe him with something. Hmm, have to keep trying. :ph34r:

grodan Karin

Wohooo, it worked!!

grodan Karin

Ah, but Karin, your bribes did not work. I mailed the coin to you over a week before you mailed your bribes. ;)

I love it when a plan comes together! :P

That JellyFish, he's such a great guy!! :lol: Well done, my friend! And Congrats on receiving a wonderful coin too!!