MISSION: - Gift, cache & travel.

Butterfly_lady

Another update with major changes:

1. hasn't stared yet, traveled 0km

Has anyone any news from Taubin, not at GC since 29.April? Still hasn't released the coin?

2. HOME since 28. August 2009, traveled 8593.1km

3. gone missing in United Kingdom, 828.9km from home, traveled 192km

4. HOME since 2. November 2008, traveled 20240.2km!!!

5. in NZ, North Island, 18393.2km from home, traveled 14254.2km

It's so nice, when they actually reach their goal! :blink:

Has anyone any news from Taubin, not at GC since 29.April? Still hasn't released the coin?

5. in NZ, North Island, 18393.2km from home, traveled 14254.2km

It's so nice, when they actually reach their goal! :blink:

Congrats ElliPirelli :)

Yesterday I received an email from a cacher in California who found my mission coin from Moscow32 in one of their caches while performing maintenance. I had marked this coin missing from a cache in February of 2009.

Yay!! It is traveling once again and maybe I'll actually get the opportunity to hold it in my hands one of these days. :)

Yesterday I received an email from a cacher in California who found my mission coin from Moscow32 in one of their caches while performing maintenance. I had marked this coin missing from a cache in February of 2009.

Yay!! It is traveling once again and maybe I'll actually get the opportunity to hold it in my hands one of these days. :)

Congratulations!! I have some of those coins here, some are still on the road and one never started, how strange....

Yay!! It is traveling once again and maybe I'll actually get the opportunity to hold it in my hands one of these days. :D

So glad to hear it!!!!! It's always a good feeling when a missing traveler shows up :)

After almost 2 years and over 20,000 miles, another mission is completed! We'd been watching our coin A Butterfly For Spooky hang out in Georgia for the past few weeks, slowly inching closer we wondered if we had enough time to take a short trip and go get it. When it moved to Alabama last weekend we knew it was close enough! Today I took off early from work, and we drove the 130 miles to get it. Spooky 2, 6 and I found the cache easily and were very excited to finally be able to hold our coin! Then, with no time to lose, we hopped back in the van and hurried back home, arriving to meet Spookies 3, 4 and 5 at their bus stop with 5 minutes to spare. Thanks for the coin Butterfly Lady, it's still beautiful after all those miles!

7f83b26b-935f-4431-91e5-28e3038ef452.jpg

20437 miles to the pickup, another 100 miles to get home.

1. Participating - YES

2. Nick/destination received - YES

3. Outgoing coin mission details attached: YES

4. Outgoing coin released in cache GC1DND2 (TB239MY)

5. Outgoing coin picked up: YES

6. Incoming coin picked up - YES

Today I received my mission coin in the mail. <_<

Why in the mail? After two years of travels around the world (mostly through the US, with a short visit in Iraq, back to the US, and finally to Germany) it arrived in Germany in summer 2009. After travelling through Germany it finally came closer to me and I was planning a caching trip to pick it up. Then another cacher picked it up, and after looking at his profile I found out that he was from the US. I immediately contacted him and asked him not to take the coin back to the US (the mission was still attached to the coin, too), but he didn't get my message in time, and the coin was back in the US. He offered to mail me the coin. I decided I didn't want to risk another 2 years of travels and agreed.

40572.5 km travelled (not included the km it has travelled in the mail)

This mission was very successful for me! The coin I sent out arrived, and the coin that was gifted to me arrived too!

Thanks again to all who made this possible!!!

Congratulations! <_<

My coin, who just fullfilled it's mission and had arrived not only in my hometown, but in my own cache, was taken by someone not able to read the attached mission information and took it to Bavaria, than on a short trip to Oslo, Norway and now back to Bavaria.

He offered to send it by post, but I felt like cheating and asked him to drop it into a cache near the motorway.

I wonder, why he took it in the first place, there's a note at the coin! :rolleyes:

This will be the fourth of my five mission coins.

One never even started on it's journey, which I find really sad.

Congratulations! :(

My coin, who just fullfilled it's mission and had arrived not only in my hometown, but in my own cache, was taken by someone not able to read the attached mission information and took it to Bavaria, than on a short trip to Oslo, Norway and now back to Bavaria.

He offered to send it by post, but I felt like cheating and asked him to drop it into a cache near the motorway.

I wonder, why he took it in the first place, there's a note at the coin! ;)

This will be the fourth of my five mission coins.

One never even started on it's journey, which I find really sad.

What a shame! I hope the coin makes it a second time to you!

If the cacher had left the coin in Germany (or at least in Europe) I would have let it travel. But a second time from the USA... :(

5. HOME since 6.May 2011, traveled 37978.6km TB2D8HR

I guess, this means all my missions are kind of completed, as the first never got released and another gone missing. But at least three out of five made it home! This is brilliant.

Funny also, that the last arrival is called Bring May Flowers, this May didn't bring flowers but a coin. :laughing:

I enjoyed the mission, thanks for organising it.

5. HOME since 6.May 2011, traveled 37978.6km TB2D8HR

I guess, this means all my missions are kind of completed, as the first never got released and another gone missing. But at least three out of five made it home! This is brilliant.

Funny also, that the last arrival is called Bring May Flowers, this May didn't bring flowers but a coin. :laughing:

I enjoyed the mission, thanks for organising it.

It is always nice to read about successful geocoin travels. I wish all travelers made it to their intended destinations, but realistically, three out of five is wonderful! Congratulations on being able to collect coin #5 ElliPirelli.

It is always nice to read about successful geocoin travels. I wish all travelers made it to their intended destinations, but realistically, three out of five is wonderful! Congratulations on being able to collect coin #5 ElliPirelli.

Well, three out of five isn't really the case here. It's more like three out of four.

The fifth never even got released by the participant of the mission. Which I find really sad.

This mission was fun and very easy. Just give the coin number and activation code to the mission partner and add the mission to the coin. Then put it in the next cache. Very little "work" for everyone.

Out of those five I've released for my mission partners, three are hibernating for ages in caching bags, they are in the hands of a cacher. One seems to be lost, as it was dropped into a cache in September 08. Strange though, that the owner hasn't marked this missing yet.

And only one made it home.

I guess, this is quite a sign of our times. Coins travel just like hot air ballons. We release them and hope for the best, but we can't do much about the journey.

One of my coins arrived today in its destination cache.

It has traveled over 30,000 km since July, 2008 stopping in Belgium. Denmark, England, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, the US and finally Canada.

http://coord.info/TB2071R

Congratulations! This is brilliant news!

If one looks at the map, this coin made quite a strange journey for something seemingly straight forward.

But isn't just this the beauty of the journeys our coins undertake?

This has prompted me to look back at what happened to the geocoin we sent out to travel to Denmark...

It was released July 2008 and finally arrived at the destination cache 10 December '10 (Log)

But the owner never actually collected his geocoin from that cache. It looks like it hung around there for a few weeks, was discovered twice, then another cacher retrieved it, placed it into an event cache... and it was never seen again.

MrsB