MISSION: - Gift, cache & travel.

Butterfly_lady

I still haven't heard anything from the person who willl gift a coin to me...

I have taken the coin that I gifted to two events in hope that there would be someone who could give the coin a really good start, but that was not the case. Now I will drop the coin in a cache as soon as possible!

I send the coin details to my giftee but there has been no activation yet.

As I understand it's the same person as Steinwälzers, I just hope, nothing serious has happened.

Regards, ElliPirelli

1 Participating - yes

2. Nick/destination received - yes

3. Outgoin coin mission details attached - Been in Contact i am waiting for trade to arrive

4. Outgoing coin released in cache GC not yet

5. Incoming coin picked up - Coin Active and been picked up by Moscow32

Still Waiting on the trade to arrive. Sorry for the delay

Mission 1:

1. Participating - 6/23/08

2. Nick/destination received - 7/2/08

3. Outgoing coin mission details attached: 7/6/08

4. Outgoing coin released in cache GC13XEY (TB1YMK1)

5. Incoming coin picked up - cache GCxxxxxx

See the coin picture here: Click for Front Pic! Click for Back Pic!

Mission 2:

1. Participating - 6/23/08

2. Nick/destination received - 7/2/08

3. Outgoing coin mission details attached: 7/8/08

4. Outgoing coin released in cache GC13XEY (TB27XTW)

5. Incoming coin picked up - cache GCxxxxxx

See the coin picture here: Click for Front Pic! Click for Back Pic!

Contacted by both of my missions and happy to report that they are both on their journey. :D

Since I think this may be my last post on this thread for awhile (both my gifted coins going to Europe), I will try and post any significant mileage milestones on both travelers. This is good fun, right here! Thanks BFly Lady!

~J

Edit: 7/9/08 - Added photos of traveling coins and TB numbers of traveling coins :D

Update: 7/15/08 - Received my second coin activation this morning - No worries, Mate! ( TB26T2E )

Also, would like to add a mission or two - So, Butterfly Lady, if you need some fillers - let me know and I will answer the call!

~J

With many many apologies to my coin receiver OverTheEdge. I have finally emailed them with the info on their coins to get their missions started. No excuses. I screwed up the timing of the mission and neglected to post we'd be away for a bit.

I myself have not yet been contacted by my mission person. Thanks for the excellent mission Butterfly. I'm really looking forward to watching my coins travel to my person and form the other person.

Mission 1

1. Participating - YES

2. Nick/destination received - 2/7/08 (gjenson)

3. Outgoin coin mission details attached - Still waiting for recipient to activate)

4. Outgoing coin released in cache GC (Date)

5. Incoming coin picked up - cache GC (&date)

Mission 2

1. Participating - YES

2. Nick/destination received - 2/7/08 (Teameccs21)

3. Outgoin coin mission details attached - 14/7/08

4. Outgoing coin released in cache GC1D7DN 16/7/08

5. Incoming coin picked up - cache GC (&date)

1 Participating - yes

3. Outgoin coin mission details attached - Trade Arrived and details sent. Awaiting activation!

4. Outgoing coin released in cache GC not yet

5. Incoming coin picked up - Coin Active and been picked up by Moscow32 TB2BPFX

Outgoing coin (to gjensen) has been activated (TB27Z8E). I have dipped it through our home cache to start it off and we will be taking it with us to the UK's First Mega Event (3rd August) to hopefully find a cacher there who will be able to take it across the English Channel into mainland Europe.

Incoming coin (from TeamEccs21) has been activated into our account. (TB1G604) They intend to start it off from the Mid West GeoBash in the first week of August.

All going well so far! :D

MrsB

When southpawaz gifted our coin to us, he very thoughtfully gave us a "Crake Malachite Butterfly" geocoin that has "keeper" coin along with it. I had never heard of this type of coin before and today our keeper arrived in the post. Many thanks once again Bobby, this is lovely..... as is the postcard that you sent too.

It has a little magnet on the back of it and it now takes pride of place on our fridge door. Hopefully one day, both butterflies will be reunited....but if not, I'll always have this little beauty! :rolleyes:

Ali :rolleyes:

butterfly01.jpg

Hi everyone - checking in 5,333 km from home! In a hotel that normally cost AUD $400 a night (got a special conference deal though) and they charge another $29 extra a day for internet!!! Paid for it, so using it to the max!

(I'm eating out each day, could buy lots of geocoins with the savings!)

All the gifted geocoins won (except the one not yet claimed) have been dropped into caches in Western Australia, and I have seen some picked up and moved already.

So many geocoins in caches here, it's been a busy time distributing them. Although the first two I picked up have restrictive missions and I cannot take them home.

Great to see coins out there moving around.

1. Participating - Yes. Email sent 09/06/08

2. Nick/destination received - Yes. Email sent to the folks that we will be sending a coin to on 02/07/08, with the details needed for them to activate it.

3. Outgoin coin mission details attached - Yes. 21/07/08

4. Outgoing coin released in cache GC - Not Yet

5. Incoming coin picked up - cache GC - Not Yet

Will have it on it's way asap......

Ali :unsure:

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

This is an outstanding mission and if Butterfly Lady requires more participants to 'match-up' - I would certainly be in for a few more...

The two coins that we set out to travel have been picked up and one of them actually is in the destination country! Wooty!

~J

1. Participating - email sent 6/9/2008

3. Outgoin coin mission details attached - yes

4. Outgoing coin released in cache GC - not yet

5. Incoming coin picked up - cache GC - not yet

I am sorry it has taken me so long to catch up on this. My coin will be released by the end of the week. It is ready to go. :unsure:

1. Participating - YES

2. Nick/destination received - YES

3. Outgoin coin mission details attached - YES

4. Outgoing coin released in cache GC - not yet

Finally the person for my coin contacted me! There was a problem with my caching name...

I have activated my coin, it is TB269F0, a Sextant coin!

Thanks a lot, voyageurs60!!!

1. Participating - Yes

2. Nick/destination received - Yes

3. Outgoin coin mission details attached - Yes

4. Outgoing coin released - Yes GC1EGCT This is a new cache I placed to get this coin out quick. Most caches in the area are found within a day of being published.

5. Incoming coin picked up - No

I have yet to hear from the person gifting me a coin. Please contact me soon. :laughing:

This sounds pretty cool. Let me know if you do a round two or need more participants.

Thanks!

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

This is an outstanding mission and if Butterfly Lady requires more participants to 'match-up' - I would certainly be in for a few more...

The two coins that we set out to travel have been picked up and one of them actually is in the destination country! Wooty!

~J

Email has been sent - next round will go out early approx 5th August.

Thanks for the interest.

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Calling gjensen.....

There seems to be a problem with emails.

I see you have activated the coin you won, so that is to be underway soon, but myself and others who have gifted coins to you are not receiving emails.

Also, I don't think you have posted any status in the forum.

Please update your status, so that we can stop worrying.

Thanks

Edit to update - received email.

All should receive emails from gjensen this week, if they have them as a mission gifter / receiver.

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Sorry about the delay

The geocoin that was gifted to me has been taken to an event and is now on the move again. Yippee!!

The geocoin that I was gifting to another geocacher has been activated, finaly got a tag added and was placed in a cache today. I hope it makes a safe journey to it's new owners.

Thanks for all of your hard work, Butterfly lady. This is fun.

Will you be doing this regularly? I would love to play again, but will be quite busy for the next few months. :-(

This has proven very popular and I have had several requests from those who missed out on the first round.

A second group of missions have gone out and a third one is being put together for August.

After that, I'll take a break.

We need to let other missions occur, but I'll be back setting up another similar one in a few months I suspect.

As geocoins were intended to travel I'd like to encourage all to have some travelling. It's fun watching them, and even though some go missing, most with a definite mission (especially attached to the coin) head towards their destination.

I enjoy watching them all.

I still haven't heard from the 3rd person who HAS me.

The 3rd person I have, hasn't activated their coin yet, either.

UPDATE:

O.K. all the three names of cachers that I had have all activated their coins AND they are on their way :drama:

But the third person who had me never got in touch with me :unsure:

You know what? I'm Not going to let that discourage me. I'll get into the second round, also :ph34r:

Fairyhoney

Email me as to which two have contacted you. I'll chase the third.

UPDATE:

O.K. all the three names of cachers that I had have all activated their coins AND they are on their way :unsure:

But the third person who had me never got in touch with me :drama:

You know what? I'm Not going to let that discourage me. I'll get into the second round, also :ph34r:

Fairyhoney

Name added to next week's mission round. Hopeful of missions being sent to you 5 August.

Email me as to which two have contacted you. I'll chase the third.

UPDATE:

O.K. all the three names of cachers that I had have all activated their coins AND they are on their way :ph34r:

But the third person who had me never got in touch with me :unsure:

You know what? I'm Not going to let that discourage me. I'll get into the second round, also :P

Fairyhoney

Name added to next week's mission round. Hopeful of missions being sent to you 5 August.

Thanks, e-mail on the way to you :D

My third outgoing coin has been activated today and will be headed out caching with me to be dropped in the next day or two.

This will wrap up my three outgoing missions and my three incoming coins have all been released as well. Thanks to all and especially to Butterfly lady for organizing.

1. Participating - email sent 6/9/2008

3. Outgoin coin mission details attached - yes

4. Outgoing coin released in cache GC - Yes, it isTB2FQ82

The coin has been placed in a local cahce and the Giftee knows of it. I have not logged the coin into the cache because a coin thief has popped up in the area. I will log the coin in for correct mileage after it has been retrieved.

Also, I have not heard from whomever is sending me a coin at all.

Also, I have not heard from whomever is sending me a coin at all.

That person is not posting in the forum, or responding to emails... so I'm sending you a back up - email has been sent.

911turbos - this person is also a recipient for your second mission - any response? Fingers X'd that they are not injured or too sick to respond.

Life sometimes turns around our plans.

Update - confirm this person is back on track in the mission - yes, a bereavement had meant they were unable to contribute on the same time scale as everyone else...

As far as I know - it's all missions GO!

Edited by Butterfly_lady

1. Participating - Email sent - YES

2. Nick/destination received - YES

3. Outgoing coin mission details attached - YES

4. Outgoing coin released- YES (and moving well!)

5. Incoming coin-YES (yay, finally heard from my gifter! Coin is activated & will be in a cache in Copenhagen on its way to Texas soon!

6. Incoming coin picked up GC???-

Thanks so much for the Mission, butterfly... can't wait to see if the coins make it both ways!

Mission 1:

1. Participating - June 8

2. Nick/destination received-Yes

3. Outgoin coin mission details attached- Yes:TB264N1

4. Outgoing coin released in cache GC - 20 July in Where Eagles Serve #1 GC11JGA

5. Incoming coin picked up - cache GC

Mission 2:

1. Participating - June 8

2. Nick/destination received -Yes

3. Outgoin coin mission details attached - Yes: TB2071R

4. Outgoing coin released in cache GC - 19 July in Hidden Garden GCX9VD

5. Incoming coin picked up - cache GC

I've been away from the forums for a bit, these were both dropped off a while ago.