Colorado 400t quirk

I ran into an interesting problem today when I was trying to download waypoints to the 400t. Every time I connected the USB cable I got the message, USB Cable Detected. Would you like to go to Mass Storage? When selecting Yes the Colorado would shut down. This happened numerous times using different cables and even different computers. Neither a soft nor a hard reset resolved the problem.

I resolved the problem by removing the SD card. After removing the card the unit operated correctly. I replaced the SD card and it's still working OK.

This is another quirk to be added to our list of 400t problems in the event anyone else experiences this problem. :)

I ran into an interesting problem today when I was trying to download waypoints to the 400t. Every time I connected the USB cable I got the message, USB Cable Detected. Would you like to go to Mass Storage? When selecting Yes the Colorado would shut down. This happened numerous times using different cables and even different computers. Neither a soft nor a hard reset resolved the problem.

I resolved the problem by removing the SD card. After removing the card the unit operated correctly. I replaced the SD card and it's still working OK.

This is another quirk to be added to our list of 400t problems in the event anyone else experiences this problem. :o

I have had this problem, on my Macbook Pro, when using Parallel's for windows xp...i would try to use the Colorado in windows, i would get the same messages, but it would shut down due to what i believe is the gps mounting on the MacOS side, and then it shows on XP that it is in use.

still trying to figure this out, as i have my mapsource program on this computer, with all my maps, and i wanted to copy over the city navigator to the SD card, but haven't been able to due to this problem!

I have had this problem, on my Macbook Pro, when using Parallel's for windows xp...i would try to use the Colorado in windows, i would get the same messages, but it would shut down due to what i believe is the gps mounting on the MacOS side, and then it shows on XP that it is in use.

still trying to figure this out, as i have my mapsource program on this computer, with all my maps, and i wanted to copy over the city navigator to the SD card, but haven't been able to due to this problem!

If you're trying to mount it in Parallels you need to set the USB Controller configuration in Parallels to "Connect to Guest OS". This way when Parallels is running it will automatically mount the USB device on the Windows side.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is the solution for Ron's problem. That sounds like a hardware issue with the Colorado.