Key to the Cache 2008 Geocoins

Wandering Vikings

PLease keep me in mind for a trade, Love antique related items, Used a key similar at my grandmothers house when I was young. :D

Hey Frozen Buns. I remember seeing the pics you posted about pulling the motor from the truck. So you're saying what, that you used similar keys a couple of weeks ago :blink:

Do you have pictures of the antique gold or antique silver? Shiney silver isn't mentioned on the presale page, but that picture above looks awfully shiney. Is there an antique silver, or is it shiney? Sorry, just a little confused here. :ninja:

Yes, this is confusing to me, as well. I've been holding out on getting any of these until I actually saw a picture, and now I'm glad. I was ready to perhaps buy a whole set (something I've never done, but I used to collect these as a girl), but now I'm not sure.

That looks like shiny silver, and it's posted on the coin page above the "antique silver" note. Skeleton keys should be antique, in my opinion. Perhaps I'll just get the black nickel. :P

Otherwise, these are incredible. I hope there's some mistake, and these actually have antique finishes. :P Of course, my husband would be a lot happier if I only bought one. :D

Do you have pictures of the antique gold or antique silver? Shiney silver isn't mentioned on the presale page, but that picture above looks awfully shiney. Is there an antique silver, or is it shiney? Sorry, just a little confused here. :D

Yes, this is confusing to me, as well. I've been holding out on getting any of these until I actually saw a picture, and now I'm glad. I was ready to perhaps buy a whole set (something I've never done, but I used to collect these as a girl), but now I'm not sure.

That looks like shiny silver, and it's posted on the coin page above the "antique silver" note. Skeleton keys should be antique, in my opinion. Perhaps I'll just get the black nickel. :D

Otherwise, these are incredible. I hope there's some mistake, and these actually have antique finishes. :P Of course, my husband would be a lot happier if I only bought one. :angry:

The Silver and Gold coins WILL be in antique finish, only the LE will be polished metal.

Great coins :angry:

For how long will the pre-sale be open?

How many will be minted of the LE - will it be minted enough to fill all pre-sale orders or is it a set number?

We are planning only 100 LE coins to be minted, We keep presales open until we have the coins in hand or they sell out. We are hoping to have them in-stock mid July.

Edited by Sofi and Holmbiorn

Is there an antique silver, or is it shiney?

That looks like shiny silver, and it's posted on the coin page above the "antique silver" note.

The Silver and Gold coins WILL be in antique finish, only the LE will be polished metal.

Thanks for pointing this out to us! With the frenzy of getting the Celtic Sun shipped out it took a couple days for us to even connect that the silver sample was the wrong finish.

I've emailed the mint about the possibility of getting samples of the Antique Finishes and am waiting to hear their response. We really don't want to hold up production if additional samples will take an extra couple weeks, we'd rather just go forward with the shiney pictures and a good disclaimer...

We've left the shiney silver pictures up so you could get a better idea of how the coins look in real life and not just from artwork. I spent some time taking more pictures and updating the website today so hopefully it will be a little more clear. Pictures really don't do it justice since the coin is so delicate, it's difficult to get a picture that really shows the writing and filigree.

Here are some close-up shots of the LE. It is really a beautiful coin! (I will be stringing mine on a chain and wearing it as a pendant for a while- it's that pretty!)

keylecompsmall.jpg

I've emailed the mint about the possibility of getting samples of the Antique Finishes and am waiting to hear their response. We really don't want to hold up production if additional samples will take an extra couple weeks, we'd rather just go forward with the shiney pictures and a good disclaimer...

We have asked the mint to go ahead and produce the antique samples, but it looks like it may not be ready until just before the coin itself arrives. We don't want to hold up production while waiting on samples so we will be using the pre-sale order numbers to determine mint quantities.

What this means to you is that on Monday when we confirm totals with the mint we will place our order for what we have pre-sold and a small cushion to cover the orders we anticipate coming in the next couple weeks while the coin is being made. Once we use up those quantities we will pull the Key pre-sales from our website.

The LE has sold out for our last two coins in Pre-sales and this one is on track to do the same, so those who were waiting to see finish samples before deciding which coins to order may want to factor that in their decision.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words- we are very excited about this coin coming in!

We finally got pictures of the antique finishes- they are gorgeous! The key is 2" by .95" so it is very delicate in person, the photo's made it look much clunkier than it actually is. See more pics here.

Pre-sales will be open for a couple more weeks and coins are expected mid-July. LE are getting low- I would guess a couple more days until they are pulled, so order here if you haven't already. Thanks!

asilversample.jpg

When we got all of our keys we loved them. Mark & I decided to give eachother one each in our wedding ceremony yesterday on 08.08.08. We have them activated as the keys to our hearts, and will wear them on chains, they will be avilable for discovery, and will visit special caches in our travels. Cheers for making these coins they are stunning. :D

Gayle & Mark

When we got all of our keys we loved them. Mark & I decided to give eachother one each in our wedding ceremony yesterday on 08.08.08. We have them activated as the keys to our hearts, and will wear them on chains, they will be avilable for discovery, and will visit special caches in our travels. Cheers for making these coins they are stunning. :D

Gayle & Mark

CONGRATULATIONS!

Thats Awesome!

We are very happy that something we made is so special to you. Even if we never sold another key, your story alone was worth having them made.

Have a wonderful honeymoon, and an even better rest of your lives!

Thank you!

Kimi & Howard

Gayle & Mark

Ohhhh, I think that's beautiful......a really lovely thing to do. Congratulations to you both, wishing you all the best for your future together.

Ali :D

When we got all of our keys we loved them. Mark & I decided to give eachother one each in our wedding ceremony yesterday on 08.08.08. We have them activated as the keys to our hearts, and will wear them on chains, they will be avilable for discovery, and will visit special caches in our travels. Cheers for making these coins they are stunning. :rolleyes:

Gayle & Mark

Congratulations!! What a great idea for this geocoin. Do you have pictures to share? :lol:

When we got all of our keys we loved them. Mark & I decided to give eachother one each in our wedding ceremony yesterday on 08.08.08. We have them activated as the keys to our hearts, and will wear them on chains, they will be avilable for discovery, and will visit special caches in our travels. Cheers for making these coins they are stunning. :lol:

Gayle & Mark

That is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard. :rolleyes: I hope that someday I can discover your keys. We were in Australia recently, but didn't make it all the way over to your area.

When we got all of our keys we loved them. Mark & I decided to give eachother one each in our wedding ceremony yesterday on 08.08.08. We have them activated as the keys to our hearts, and will wear them on chains, they will be avilable for discovery, and will visit special caches in our travels. Cheers for making these coins they are stunning. :rolleyes:

Gayle & Mark

What a wonderful idea!

After all the great comments on these, I am eager to see my set. Anyone in Canada get theirs yet?