Online Geo-stalkers

As one of the posters stated: a non-answer is an anwer of sorts.

Since everyone has gone into attack mode and won't answer the question, I think I see what's going on here. I really wanted some ideas beside the obvious (which you all have illustrated) but I have failed so far.

Does anyone else care to tackle the question?

Sure. I'll give you the answer I gave you before. Privately emailing the cache owner prevents this sort of situation from springing up. Maybe you should try that.

As for the existing situation - ask a reviewer to remove the other person's notes, and don't be surprised if yours are removed as well. Your personal inquiries about the cache don't belong on the cache page... if you put a note like that on one of my caches, I'd probably email you the answer, and might or might not delete the note, depending on the phrasing.

Only I'll add in a bit of advice about losing the attitude... it's not going to help you in the long run.

Now I have to go back on the base... time to call Vinny again! :)

Edited to add: It's one thing to post a note like that if you've looked for a cache and haven't found it; it's an entirely different matter to post that sort of note before you've even looked for the cache!

Replying to one of many possible posts:

The frustration of the OP, and subsequently of the respondents, makes me think of Asberger's syndrome or someone on the weak end of the autism spectrum: poor social skills, devoid of empathy, sometimes inordinate talent in science and / or math. Something about the OP's posts makes me less likely to ascribe the problem to run-of-the-mill arrogance than to a genuine befuddlement. (Note: I got here too late to read the profile.)

The responses have been almost entirely gentle and forgiving and constructive, but have not been taken that way. Still I don't see a troll or a raging ego; I sort of see someone frustrated at being misunderstood, and not getting why that is, though it's glaringly obvious to lots of others. Imagine your world is categorized as fact and not fact, with no emotional shading, and you state what you perceive to be a 'fact.' Suddenly people respond emotionally to your 'fact.' Their feelings are hurt, they don't like your tone, they feel disrespected, and they react accordingly.

Hmmmmm . . . or maybe not. If that were the case, why would the OP react emotionally to the emotional response?

Anyway, talk amongst yourselves!

ms south

(for once)

of south central beach ops

moe%20howard---7.jpg

:D:D:wub::):D

Hey MOE! A wiseguy!

Sheesh! Hang out a shingle and practice medicine in private. That is probably the freakin WORST personal attack I've seen on this board in 5 years. :wub:

I've heard of the OP offline by reputation and if he does have Asberger's that's a personal matter that should hardly be discussed in an open forum.

Must....sit....on...hands...to keep....from attacking....YOU....now..... :D :D

Edited by Snoogans
Just checked back in to this post and it feels like a lot of piling on right now.

Feels like that to me too I suppose. Let's let this one fall of the page.

Sometimes the best reply is no reply at all.

Looks like you should have closed it. Some folks just won't let it go.

Wow, was just wondering why someone got banned and now I know why! Their reputation proceeds them all over North Texas. I'm just curious tho, isn't this just a game? Why do some people take it so seriously?

We look at the hobby/sport as adult "easter egg hunting". We do it for FUN!!!!!!!

For all those who take this hobby so seriously, all we can say is "get a life".

Face it, we are hunting for ammo cans/tupperware in the woods.

Getting some exercise, seeing some neat places, and meeting some nice people.

That is what geocaching is about.

Its simple, you have a question...EMAIL

Don't clog the log with junk.

If someone says in a log "I emailed the owner information" then obviously they didn't think YOU needed to know and only felt the owner needed to know it.

If its something that important then the owner can clarify it on the page.