Titanic Geocoins -

CinemaBoxers

SO what do you do when he does not reply to you - This has gone on long enough now - it is about time Groundspeak sorted this mess out. We have paid and not recieved our goods. I do not care about how much it costs I will sue if I have to - The little people need to be heard.

From the geocoin forum guidelines:

Those choosing to participate in an exchange on this board take full responsibility for any consequences of that exchange. Groundspeak is in no way involved in the sale or trading of items on this board and will not be held responsible or liable in any way for quality issues, fraud or any default of transfer on the part of the buyer or seller.

Groundspeak is doing what it can to help get these coins out, but will not take responsibility, or be otherwise involved in this sale.

It is up to Jim, Paula, GeoCoin Guy, CinemaBoxers to follow through on their contracts.

SO what do you do when he does not reply to you - This has gone on long enough now - it is about time Groundspeak sorted this mess out. We have paid and not recieved our goods. I do not care about how much it costs I will sue if I have to - The little people need to be heard.

From the geocoin forum guidelines:

Those choosing to participate in an exchange on this board take full responsibility for any consequences of that exchange. Groundspeak is in no way involved in the sale or trading of items on this board and will not be held responsible or liable in any way for quality issues, fraud or any default of transfer on the part of the buyer or seller.

Groundspeak is doing what it can to help get these coins out, but will not take responsibility, or be otherwise involved in this sale.

It is up to Jim, Paula, GeoCoin Guy, CinemaBoxers to follow through on their contracts.

I agree.............but i think they have had more than enough time now......25 days till xmas and still no sign of anything moving.

Not sure it ever will to be honest but we live in hope.

Yes but my origional question - WHAT IF HE DOES NOT REPLY - WHO spent my money Jim or Paula - if needs be I will file suit against them both on behalf of all of us who have been conned as this is a fraud - kind of like the emails from Burkina Faso or Nigeria - but we all know what they are doing with the cash unlike these people. I have waited over 4 months now - they have my money and I have nothing. This is unacceptable and I think goundspeak needs to make him post another update here before the end of this week.

This is fraud plain and simple and I willnot be taken for an idiot by these people and I do not care weather it is Jim or Paula - I worked hard to get the money to pay for these coins and I will not be conned.

Sorry to the board but I am sick of this farce now.

Yes but my origional question - WHAT IF HE DOES NOT REPLY - WHO spent my money Jim or Paula - if needs be I will file suit against them both on behalf of all of us who have been conned as this is a fraud - kind of like the emails from Burkina Faso or Nigeria - but we all know what they are doing with the cash unlike these people. I have waited over 4 months now - they have my money and I have nothing. This is unacceptable and I think goundspeak needs to make him post another update here before the end of this week.

This is fraud plain and simple and I willnot be taken for an idiot by these people and I do not care weather it is Jim or Paula - I worked hard to get the money to pay for these coins and I will not be conned.

Sorry to the board but I am sick of this farce now.

If Jim and Paula were married at the time, which I believe they were, then they are both legally responsible.

Groundspeak has gone above and beyond their responsibility in this fiasco. They have given Jim the tracking numbers on a 90 days same as cache basis. Think about it: They gave "credit" to a guy who took in plenty of money to pay for the product, but blew the money on other things. Also, if he did actually come up with the coins, he won't be making a lot more income on them, because they were pre-sold, and the money is gone. So Groundspeak is taking a big risk by extending this courtesy to him. I don't think you can expect much more from them.

Edited by MustangJoni

I noticed in the DragonFly thread they are filing complaints with the BBB, which in this case you would have to figure out which office of the BBB to file with.

They are also filing complaints with the IC3, which is the Internet Crime Complaint Center. I would suggest anybody who has paid for these re-mints to file a complaint, and let there be an investigation.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Use this site to post your complaint, it is more direct and has more power. One cannot believe that Jim or Paula were truthful. If they were, the prepayment money wouldn't have been part of their divorce. If he didn't have the money then, He dadgum sure doesn't have the money now. Nor can he raise it. Let the Feds deal with this con man and/or woman.

I send a complaint to the BBB and well as to http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx.

Maybe now we will get the truth about who spent our money and on what. I still think that Paula spent it from what I heard but who know who it was. Funny thing is all the cash should have gone to the remint people.

Sad to see people get conned out of hard earnt money this way. I guess they are both responsible.

Enough is enough - Groundspeak you need to tell Jim to explain what the heck is going on here in this forum and by the weeks end.

I have reported the lot of them to the BBB for fraud as that is plain and simple what it is. I send 4 emails to him and still not yet got a reply. If my money was used in the divorce then that is wrong as previousley said let the feds get them both for this as both of them are responisble for this.

Get them here to explain please - we are owed that much and how can Groundspeak not hear from him on this subject and if they have why are we not updated from them?

ok so now he disabled his forums and this is all that is there.

Sorry, the page you are requesting just isn't here....

My bad.

GeocoinDesign.com

I do not care now - for all of you in this forum I next week will be filing court papers to sue both Jim and Paula over this. I will cost me more than the coins I paid for but this is principle and being and ex police officer I abhour theft and fraud. If any of you are interested in sending me your details of how much and when ordered I will add it to my case at no cost you you. If Groundspeak are also interested please contact me off list at brentford2@aol.com

Edited by Brentford FC

ok so now he disabled his forums and this is all that is there.

Sorry, the page you are requesting just isn't here....

My bad.

GeocoinDesign.com

I do not care now - for all of you in this forum I next week will be filing court papers to sue both Jim and Paula over this. I will cost me more than the coins I paid for but this is principle and being and ex police officer I abhour theft and fraud. If any of you are interested in sending me your details of how much and when ordered I will add it to my case at no cost you you. If Groundspeak are also interested please contact me off list at brentford2@aol.com

Well its sad it has had to come to this but you have my backing.

Enough is enough - Groundspeak you need to tell Jim to explain what the heck is going on here in this forum and by the weeks end.

I have reported the lot of them to the BBB for fraud as that is plain and simple what it is. I send 4 emails to him and still not yet got a reply. If my money was used in the divorce then that is wrong as previousley said let the feds get them both for this as both of them are responisble for this.

Get them here to explain please - we are owed that much and how can Groundspeak not hear from him on this subject and if they have why are we not updated from them?

Please don't give Groundspeak an ultimatum for something they can't control. If I had any updates, it surely would have been posted. Jim knows full well what's going on here, I've emailed him more than once, for weeks past and up to yesterday, Bryan has emailed him. I got one reply where Jim said he'd reply here, and he never showed up.

We can't MAKE people do something. I can't force him. Groundspeak can't force him, and I'm not going to hunt him down, chain him up and drag him to a keyboard and force him to update. Groundspeak tried to help him. What more can they do? Groundspeak does NOT get involved in sales, or take responsibility for vendor's actions. Groundspeak loses too, they loaned him the tracking numbers in advance so he could produce these coins. He was given 90 days to come through (I don't think the 90 days is up yet). We don't hear from him, because he doesn't reply. How are we supposed to update you when he doesn't update us? You have to understand that Groundspeak has no control in this situation, since we are not invloved in this sale in other way than providing tracking numbers so those coins can be tracked on this system. Jim brought this upon himself, he will have to deal with the consequences of his own actions. It would be nice if Paula would take some responsibility here too, as she was half of the company when these orders were taken, but we're not seeing any help from her either. This is a very sad story for all of us.

So, I repeat myself. From the geocoin guidelines:

Please don't give Groundspeak an ultimatum for something they can't control. If I had any updates, it surely would have been posted. Jim knows full well what's going on here, I've emailed him more than once, for weeks past and up to yesterday, Bryan has emailed him. I got one reply where Jim said he'd reply here, and he never showed up.

We can't MAKE people do something. I can't force him. Groundspeak can't force him, and I'm not going to hunt him down, chain him up and drag him to a keyboard and force him to update. Groundspeak tried to help him. What more can they do? Groundspeak does NOT get involved in sales, or take responsibility for vendor's actions. Groundspeak loses too, they loaned him the tracking numbers in advance so he could produce these coins. He was given 90 days to come through (I don't think the 90 days is up yet). We don't hear from him, because he doesn't reply. How are we supposed to update you when he doesn't update us? You have to understand that Groundspeak has no control in this situation, since we are not invloved in this sale in other way than providing tracking numbers so those coins can be tracked on this system. Jim brought this upon himself, he will have to deal with the consequences of his own actions. It would be nice if Paula would take some responsibility here too, as she was half of the company when these orders were taken, but we're not seeing any help from her either. This is a very sad story for all of us.

So, I repeat myself. From the geocoin guidelines:

Well said, my friend!! GS and our mods have gone above and beyond trying to help in this situation, so please don't place blame where blame isn't due! Short of barring them from using GC.com, what would you like them to do? If they were barred from posting here, then you'd never find out anything (not that wer're getting info anyway, but...).

I thought you might all be interested to read this email I got from Jim in reply to my legal action threat. I have toput my action on hold for a week to see if this actually happens. But saying that I think you ALL need to read this reply I got this morning.

Dear Mark Ackery,

Geocoin Design

Order Number: 1222

Detailed Invoice

Date Ordered: Sunday 29 June, 2008

The comments for your order are: Mark,

Thank you for your email. I was away over Thanksgiving and received both of your emails this evening. I believe I have been very straight forward with every customer of Geocoin Design. While I understand your anger and frustration, I have explained in previous updates that the Titanic coins have been produced and the mint is awaiting payment from me for delivery. By law, I am not allowed to conduct business in my new location until I have a state business license for my new location. I have that now and am slowing getting back on my feet after my split with my wife. Even though our personal lives is not the concern of our customers, I felt it necessary to let them know exactly what was going on that created this mess in the first place.

I don't go to the Geocoin Forums anymore and Groundspeak is well aware of this due to the continuous angst there. I will have your coins (from our personal collection) sent out to you by weeks end. I truly apologize for the trust (or lack thereof) issue with me, Paula or GeocoinDesign.com.

Regards,

Jim Collins

GeocoinDesign.com

This communication (with attachments, if any) is covered by the U.S.C. Sec. 2510-252, is confidential, and intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you receive this communication in error, notify us immediately, return the document(s), and destroy all copies of the original message.

Your order has been updated to the following status:

New status: Update

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

Maybe now we might all get out coins.

Date Ordered: Sunday 29 June, 2008

I will have your coins (from our personal collection) sent out to you by weeks end. I truly apologize for the trust (or lack thereof) issue with me, Paula or GeocoinDesign.com.

Regards,

Jim Collins

GeocoinDesign.com

Maybe now we might all get out coins.

Somehow I just don't think that his personal collection of these coins is large enough to send out to everyone. :D

I really do hope though that in the end everyone gets their coins or a refund but I'm not optimistic.

Maybe I should carry on with the lawsuit against Jim and Paula. They owe me 32 coins, two each of the Titanics and Lady Lucks. I paid them $320 thru PayPal back in June.

They don't email me. All I get is their hollow updates saying you will get your coins sometime in the future. I feel like I have given them an interest free loan with no date of repayment.

I wonder how many of us got burnt by this pair?

Maybe I should carry on with the lawsuit against Jim and Paula. They owe me 32 coins, two each of the Titanics and Lady Lucks. I paid them $320 thru PayPal back in June.

They don't email me. All I get is their hollow updates saying you will get your coins sometime in the future. I feel like I have given them an interest free loan with no date of repayment.

I wonder how many of us got burnt by this pair?

I think that if I had gotten burned to that tune that I'd be contacting bbb, the legal stuff about mail fraud that someone else mentioned and just about anything else that I could within reason....

I've tried so hard to stay out of this, it's not my concern and I haven't lost any money through them, but I do sell coins, and on occasion through presale, and it makes the rest of us who try so hard and are legit look horrible!

We're keeping track of undelivered coins in this thread. This is the Titanic list thus far. Please feel free to add your name to the list (get rid of the quotes) in that thread (not here), if you have not already. Make sure you add it to the correct coin list.

Name of coin: Titanic remint

Name of Vendor: GeocoinDesign

Date Ordered: _June 20, 2008

Shipment Due Date: dunno, presales ended 7/4

1. CLAMM, 3 requests for a refund ignored - 2 emails sent via a reply from their store invoice; the third through their Contact Information on their website

2. TeamAmaroo, 2 coins, not yet received

3. holazola, 2 coins, not yet received (also ordered 6/20) = 103 days

4. Sunrayers, 9 coins-Not Yet Received (ordered 6/20)

Edited by Eartha

We're keeping track of undelivered coins in this thread. This is the Titanic list thus far. Please feel free to add your name to the list (get rid of the quotes) in that thread (not here), if you have not already. Make sure you add it to the correct coin list.

1. CLAMM, 3 requests for a refund ignored - 2 emails sent via a reply from their store invoice; the third through their Contact Information on their website

5. Dusty Springfield 12 Titanics and 20 Lady Lucks. Not yet received (ordered 6/23)

This communication (with attachments, if any) is covered by the U.S.C. Sec. 2510-252, is confidential, and intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you receive this communication in error, notify us immediately, return the document(s), and destroy all copies of the original message.

This has nothing to do with not sharing emails you receive that are intended for you. See informaiton here: Electronic Communications Privacy Act

This has nothing to do with not sharing emails you receive that are intended for you. See informaiton here: Electronic Communications Privacy Act

The boldened part told me all I needed...it doesn't say the recipient couldn't distribute, it says anyone else couldn't! That's my understanding at least! It's just a scare tactic and one that really makes Jim look bad! He has enough time to try to find false threats to "protect" his emails when he should really be using that time to post updates here!!

I am not a lawyer but it seems the ECPA deals with someone 'intercepting' email before it gets to the end user. As most people know, email is sent around the world and can be intercepted at many points as it touches different servers.

From a rights perspective, the ECPA protects individuals' communications against government surveillance conducted without a court order, from third parties without legitimate authorization to access the messages, and from the carriers of the messages, such as Internet service providers.

So once the 'owner' gets the email, they can do what they want with the email. It seems this is de facto to all email, not just those which have the 'warning'.

Edited by nielsenc

Thanks for ths info-didn't know about this link.

I will have to wait til I get home to figure out how many I ordered...its been so long ;)

Seems the only way to get anything from them is with the actual threat of legal actions. Maybe it would be best if someone organized this into a group action against them.

I just can't help but remembering Jim saying how his intentions were to continue selling coins. He just doesn't get it.

It is a crying shame, because I have emailed him, PMd him, and up until his last post, or on November 5th, his last forum visit, he has read part of this thread. I've linked him to this thread. I even told him the pitchforks and torches were coming out, and now this thread has had over 11,000 views. That can't be good for business, and yet, he won't come in and respond. That, I don't get. How can he expect to continue to do business in the future with the good geocoin collectors we have in here, with this kind of behaviour? Maybe he is counting on people who don't use the forums to keep him in business. Your guess is as good as mine.

Also, for what it's worth, his forums were back up yesterday, but there isn't any discussion in there about this. I do not know if there was any discussion in there before, I never looked at them before Brentford mentioned they were down. They were up when I looked yesterday.

Now I kinda feel bad if I get my coins and you are all waiting for them still. I did email him to tell him lots of us were not happy with him and Paula, but he said he does not visit the forums now.

He also now has his business licence in Kansas so he should now start to pay for what he owes the mint. It is a shame as he will not get much repeat business from here if any in the future. This is not all him though Paula bears a lot of responisbility, but she does not have the guts to tell us where our money went or what she spent it on.

I guess you have to threaten then with legal action like I did and then it might sink in that they BOTH need to step up to the plate and help us all out as some of us have lost a lot of hard earnt money on this dodgy dealing. They are both con artists and cowards who will not face up to their customers and re pay those they stole from.

Edited by Brentford FC

It is Oregon. He moved from IL/WI according to his website. I'm wondering why someone would need a license to ship out coins that were sold under a license in the original state of residence. The transaction took place under the original license. Moving should not have affected delivery of them. But I am not an attorney in OR, IL or WI, so I don't know that for sure.

Well Saturday morning game and with my mail was a packet of 2 Titanic geocoins from Jim as he promised. It is a real shame I had to go as far as I did to finally get them but there you go. They were both in excellent condition and case for me is closed. I still feel bad for all the others that have not yet recieved their coins from them. It left a real sour taste in my mouth and I will not ever do business with them again, I really hope all of you get what you paid for all that time ago soon. He also did not reply to my email asking about the rest of your coins, but he did say he was all registered to go now so coins I hope will start going out soon.

I really hope this sorts itself out soon and I hope he has learnt a valuable lesson from this mistrust and lies

It is Oregon. He moved from IL/WI according to his website. I'm wondering why someone would need a license to ship out coins that were sold under a license in the original state of residence. The transaction took place under the original license. Moving should not have affected delivery of them. But I am not an attorney in OR, IL or WI, so I don't know that for sure.

Well, apparently it didn't affect the personal coin he minted earlier, or the military coin that he minted. I think the licensing issue is just a stalling tactic.

It sounds to me like you all need to threaten Jim with legal action like Brentwood did in order to get something going! I am happy for you Brentwood, but I had hoped you'd have went forward with your action as that was the reason you were "rewarded" with your coins!

A real shame it needs to go that far before something happens, but now we've seen what it takes!

Geocoin Design

proudly presents the

"TITANIC"

Geocoin

AVAILABLE NOW

This coin comes from my own personal love of the history of the Titanic and the amazing discovery of its 'remains' after so many years.

FEATURING 3D UNDER ENAMEL to create a 'Shipwreck' look.

Click HERE to purchase!

titanicfb.jpg

One side of the coin features RMS Titanic sailing on her Maiden Voyage, while the reverse shows the Titanic as it appears now, underwater - in 3D with translucent enamel to give the illusion of water.

The ULTIMATE find - the Titanic sat undiscovered for many years, until it was finally discovered in 1985.

The front of the coin also features many details UNDER enamel, and the details on the reverse are also 'Titanic themed' - the scrollwork is from the doors that separated the Grand Staircase from the First Class Dining Hall.

Coin

specifications:

1.75" Die cut coin

Translucent Imitation Hard Enamels

FEATURING 3D UNDER ENAMEL for a WATER effect!!!

Custom

Icons

The initial run consists of 350 coins with an entire run of up to

750 total

possible.

The initial breakdowns are as follows:

Satin Silver LE 50

Antique Silver Daytime 75

Antique Gold Daytime 75

Antique Silver Nighttime 75

Antique Gold Nighttime 75

The regular edition coins will be priced at $10.00 USD

The LE will NOT be reminted.

Designed and minted by

GeocoinDesign

As a note to our customers - we have had delays on remint orders (Claddagh/Cats) due to GW6 mint orders and also due to the effects we requested. We received samples that were not of the quality we wanted for the remint items, and they are currently IN production. Watch the Forum threads, or our Webstore for updates.

You WILL receive an email when the items are in stock and ship.

Can I ask a question. What does this geocoin have to do with geocaching?

Can I ask a question. What does this geocoin have to do with geocaching?

Right now, not much, not much at all. Have you read the thread?

There are many coins that have nothing to do with caching, other than that they are personal for the people who have them made. Some people like collecting coins that include things they are interested in. This coin was neither a personal, nor a caching related coin. I believe this one was a commercial endeavor, and the fact that it was going to go to remint says that enough people liked it to order it. Unfortunately, the remint is very delayed, and no updates have been posted in a while. But we're hoping one will be, someday soon.