Titanic Geocoins -

CinemaBoxers

Maybe something just happened.

They had a number of good friends here, Jodi, Cheesy Pigs, 57 and a few more, I just can't see that they'd screw so many people like this...

I do admit, though, it ain't looking good, especially knowing that they sold all their collection before deregistering with eBay...

Naomi

I did get an email from them a month ago, but it was a group email, so I assumed everyone waiting for a coin got it too? Basically it said they knew they were late but there was problems with a die transfer at the mint, and the resulting coin not looking the same as the previous ones. That was 8/25. It also said they would email again with progress reports...but I haven't received anything since.

snip*** I just can't see that they'd screw so many people like this...

I do admit, though, it ain't looking good, especially knowing that they sold all their collection before deregistering with eBay...

Naomi

They already have screwed people over. Take a look at this thread. Geocoin Art Design not completed

That thread has been left open I assume so that those who haven't gotten their designs or a refund can post. Its not a very far reach from not delivering coin designs to not delivering coins.

i am thinking cinema boxers did not have enough time to sell off everything on ebay. there were not that many coins listed. of course she could have sold to other sellers.

but that said, obviously something is very wrong with paula and her design group, so time for me to let bygones be bygones and wish her good luck in recovering from her troubles.

lara

i am thinking cinema boxers did not have enough time to sell off everything on ebay. there were not that many coins listed. of course she could have sold to other sellers.

but that said, obviously something is very wrong with paula and her design group, so time for me to let bygones be bygones and wish her good luck in recovering from her troubles.

lara

Quite so, there but for the grace of God it could be anyone one of us facing some really important issues, whatever problems they have I hope they come good, and if and when they are in a position to, they will make good the orders people are waiting on. It certainly will not encourage them back to the fold to do so, if and when they can, they are met by hostility.

Soooo - is the concensus that we won't be getting these coins?

What is the buyer's protection if we, by trusting the vendor, let a presale extend the 45 day window paypal allows for a dispute. Should buyers no longer wait past the 45 day window and just file disputes? Geocoin Design was a trusted vendor..

:o

I did get an email from them a month ago, but it was a group email, so I assumed everyone waiting for a coin got it too? Basically it said they knew they were late but there was problems with a die transfer at the mint, and the resulting coin not looking the same as the previous ones. That was 8/25. It also said they would email again with progress reports...but I haven't received anything since.

OK seeing as though my name was brought into this: Yes, I do know what is going on, but no, I cant tell anyone else as it would be an abuse of trust.

Just know that the CinemaBoxers are not deliberately 'shafting' anyone, and I'm sure that when the dust dies down, and the numerous troubles they are experiencing are behind them, Jim will let you know exactly where these coins are at, and will honour all orders. You may need to give him a couple of months though.

I guess then its not a die transfer problem or a problem with the mint at all as he has been saying all along. Give this company another few months......I see......

OK seeing as though my name was brought into this: Yes, I do know what is going on, but no, I cant tell anyone else as it would be an abuse of trust.

Just know that the CinemaBoxers are not deliberately 'shafting' anyone, and I'm sure that when the dust dies down, and the numerous troubles they are experiencing are behind them, Jim will let you know exactly where these coins are at, and will honour all orders. You may need to give him a couple of months though.

Your name should have never been brought into this, and at least it wasn't brought in any sort of negative light. That would not have been fair to you. But since you are going to stick up for them, and speak on their behalf, are you serious? You are worried about abusing their triust after what they are doing to the community at a whole? I personally would have kept my mouth shut rather than stand up and say "I know but won't tell". They will be gone in a matter of time, but the community will always be here.

They strung customers along for months on a remint of the cat coins. They made claims about mint issues and bad samples and such. Bet you didn't know the mint has a whole different version of how this coin went down. They claim the cat coin was done in 20 days from the moment the order was placed and there were no mint issue with it. No sending coins back and such as was claimed here. No bad samples. In fact who gets samples done on a remint? CB's own words were, we never get samples done. I guess we are just very trusting.

Now we have another situation and where are they to be found? Sure They are having issues as evident by them being locked down on eBay, having all their auctions vanish, Paula changing her last name on facebook, and many other things. Personally none of this matters here though, and shouldn't. They are/were a buisness doing dealings here. As such they have obligations, and timely ones at that.

People have paid for a product. This money should not be used for their personal issues or anything else. Either the money should be refunded immediately, or the coins should be sent to buyers. At the very least, THEY need to be in here talking about it. While it is commendable of you to defend a friend, do you really want to stick your neck out there and stake your credibilty to the geocoin world for someone who has such a vast background of these shady dealings? This isn't the first time this has come up.

I guess they didn't learn from the last coins that had these issues and are just continuing down this path. When is GC going to step in and help the community? This is our own version of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. We need a bailout! :o

Maybe something just happened.

They had a number of good friends here, Jodi, Cheesy Pigs, 57 and a few more, I just can't see that they'd screw so many people like this...

Naomi

I just wanted to correct my post here.

Paula's mother has contacted me and informed me that they didn't deregister their eBay account, but rather that it was suspended because someone turned them in saying they were shilling their sales and that they sold only a small part of a very extensive collection.

So, I stand corrected on my last sentence there. My apologies!

Naomi :ph34r:

What concerns me is the lack of information from the vendor. They do not have to explain personal issues but a date of when the coins are expected or a refund is in order. $12 does not seem like much but their total minting on these coins was 750 pieces. The first run they sold 350 pcs. So that leaves 400 pcs for this pre-sale. Even if only 300 pcs were sold of the 400 (just an example) that would give them a total of $3600. So combined that is a big deal. That is a lot of customers to keep waiting and a lot of money.

Without going in to details of the conversation, after a friend of mine and had a phone conversation with Paula, I do feel a little better that the situation will resolve itself for everyone.

Do I approve or defend how the whole situation has been handled, No.

Do I pretend to understand how I might have handled the whole situation if I were in their shoes, No.

At this point I have no recourse through Paypal for getting my money back. But I think there may be a glimmer of hope after the conversation. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt even when everything I see is not good. Hopefully in the next couple weeks to a month we will all hear something.

I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt even when everything I see is not good. Hopefully in the next couple weeks to a month we will all hear something.

I think the problem is that everyone should be hearing it from them now not in a few weeks.......

Here here.......a little few words from them even if they were having problems would always put peoples mind at rest.

I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt even when everything I see is not good. Hopefully in the next couple weeks to a month we will all hear something.

I think the problem is that everyone should be hearing it from them now not in a few weeks.......

Here here.......a little few words from them even if they were having problems would always put peoples mind at rest.

I notice their profile now says "Not Validated Premium Member". This doesn't sound good for those awaiting coins.

I notice their profile now says "Not Validated Premium Member". This doesn't sound good for those awaiting coins.

Ouch. :P

Purchased one of the Lady Luck re-mints...received same email message dated 8/25 regarding delays, was curious as to their status...guess this is the answer?

Cheers

Yeah, I dropped $54 on a full set of the remint Ladies. :rolleyes: Can't say that I'm thrilled by their lack of communications. I'm not saying that they need give a blow-by-blow description of what their personal issues are but the bottom line is that, as a customer, I shouldn't be left in limbo like they have left me (and numerous others, from what I gather). This whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth concerning pre-sales.

Was about to add my voice of irritation this morning about the lack of Coins, having ordered both Titanic, and Lady Luck sets, when I had an email apologising, and saying the Coins would be minted.

The delay is due to relationship break up, Guess there have been other things on peoples minds... Hopefully things will come in time

Copy of email:

To all customers of Geocoin Design:

This is Jim speaking here and I would like to give you all an update and status of just what the hell is going on with Geocoin Design. This letter to you is very very personal, and will explain everything to you. It is my hope that you all take this information to heart - and can be compassionate, or at the very least, understanding.

Mine and Paula's lives are in turmoil. We have separated and are going through a divorce. The issues we have are very personal, but on the business end, there was a matter of fiscal irresponsibility. I have taken SOLE CONTROL of Geocoin Design, and in the past week, have changed all business accounts that have had my wife attached to them. I have received a number of inquiries that have been sent by a few of you, however, I did NOT receive any of them until I got my computer hooked up at my new residence on the west coast (Oregon) of the US just YESTERDAY (10/01/08).

I truly apologize to each and everyone of you if you had felt ignored.

I felt it necessary to be straightforward with you all so everyone is in the loop.

Now - on the subject of Lady Luck and Titanic geocoins - They will be produced. I intend on fulfilling each and every order and I am a man of my word. I understand that the credibility of Geocoin Design is pretty much crap unless those coins are delivered. It is my intention to provide a status every 7 to 10 days so nobody is left in the dark as you all have been for weeks.

The fact of the matter at this point is that the presales for those coins closed on July 4th. Given the production time of 3.5 weeks and another week for shipping time to complete, I figure at this point I am about 4-5 weeks behind. Which considering my circumstances, is not entirely bad. I know that is not what you all want to hear - but it's a fact I have to contend with.

What I am asking of all of you is first of all your understanding. It's been a witchhunt on the forums from what I understand - I haven't been on to look for myself. Cinema Boxers is NO LONGER the voice of Geocoin Design. I have had a username on GC.com for quite some time now (Geocoin Guy) and will be on there as that - just so you know who is posting (If I do post at all).

I am absolutely crushed on a personal level, but business is business and I (as I said before) am a man of my word. Please allow me a bit of time to compile everything and get on track - I figure I can have everyone taken care of in a relatively short period of time - but it should not take any longer than 90 days.

As I said, I will keep you all posted. Again I apologize, but felt it necessary to provide you all 'some sort of explaination' as to what the actual story is.

Now, on a different note, but along the same lines - I, along with the world saw the US stock market crash recently. I don't know what this is going to do to the purchasing power of the dollar as far as coin production goes, but I will suck up the excess if there is any, and I feel that I should do something special for all of you. However - Lady Lucks and Titanics are first and foremost on my list of things to do - along with several apologies on behalf of myself and my estranged wife, Paula.

With a heavy heart -

Jim Collins

Geocoin Design

info@geocoindesign.com

Edited by Boggin's Dad

I truly do appreciate the emails and words of encouragement that so many of you have sent to me... and yes.. that letter was the hardest thing I have EVER written in my life.

For PGHLOOKING: I am going to say to you - despite whatever differences you may have had in the past or any differences you will have in the future with my wife - you are and always will be the smaller man (not my first choice of words... but keeping it clean).

Paula is and always will be the best designer Geocoins ever has seen or will see in your lifetime - so LAY OFF of her. She is still the love of my life and I won't take it from you.

If anyone has an issue with me personally - bring it to me personally - not on the forums. It doesn't belong here.

Again - thank you all for the kind words - I'm going to bed now.. I hadn't slept in a very long time.

Regards,

Jim

Oops.. that was suppose to come from this account ~J

Deleted - I used the wrong acct - my bad.. force of habit ~J

Why does my post say Ringbone?

Please keep all posts on topic. We are trying to resolve an issue here. Posts like this in when there is a serious matter happening are not helping things.

Thank you.

Eartha

For PGHLOOKING: I am going to say to you - despite whatever differences you may have had in the past or any differences you will have in the future with my wife - you are and always will be the smaller man (not my first choice of words... but keeping it clean).

I am more than willing to discuss anything with you, and have no fear of doing so publicly. In fact I encourage it. Let's just agree to one thing, let's stick to facts. We do that and the petty personal attacks you are trying to start already will not happen.

I have not posted a single thing you can dispute the facts behind. If you could, you would have started there rather than trying to make some crack about how much of a man you feel I am. I am not attacking Paula personally, and never have. The name CinemaBoxers is the name of the coin vendor that has major issues that have not been resolved and are affecting a ton of people. A good buisness choice for you, since it appears you are goign to try a go at the coin buisness solo now, would be to have one personal account and one buisness account so you don't mix your feelings with buisness. You can see they clearly don't make good bed fellows.

Paula is and always will be the best designer Geocoins ever has seen or will see in your lifetime - so LAY OFF of her. She is still the love of my life and I won't take it from you.

I have seen work from Gridlox, Jamie, Yime, F&H, and others that I like way better. I also don't see them using clipart or outright stealing anothers art and claiming it to be their own, which has been pointed out several times with both the stolen and original art being shown side by side.

At any rate art is subjective and your opinon is your estranged wife is the best. I won't disagree with your choice, but in no way can you make such a blanket statement for everyone. There is no fact behind that.

If anyone has an issue with me personally - bring it to me personally - not on the forums. It doesn't belong here.

This is exactly where buisness deals that have gone bad need to be aired. It serves to protect the lot of us from a company, such as yours, that has taken money and not produced the product. Think of it doing a service for you in fact. You claim that you were not getting the emails behind the multiple coins with tremendous delays. This would help you because you can come here and find out what the issue is and respond timely to everyone rather than get a bad reputation for not letting them know what is going on.

Again - thank you all for the kind words - I'm going to bed now.. I hadn't slept in a very long time.

I will say I am sorry for this. Since I have clearly been on your mind for some time (not being able to get any emails for sometime and then going straight to your first post and making sure to address me personally) I must say I am sorry. I had no clue I was at the forefront of your mind with all the other things going on.

Regards,

Jim

Oops.. that was suppose to come from this account ~J

If you make good on all these outstanding coins before you finally close the shop up for good, I will personally commend you of being a man of your word. Personally at this point though I am still taken back to your other words. These were more words of warning that we just didn't listen to. you tried to warn us, so it is our fault. Back when you said this...

When I was selling cars, and you came to me... count on getting cracked! It's the nature of the territory.

...we should have known who we were dealing with. Now we have all been cracked and are learning our lessons the hard way. I guess used car salesman tactics are hard to break.

Edited by Eartha

Once again, not defending, standing up for anyone, or meant to be anything more then a comment-

But it is refreshing to hear the same story from both sides, Paula and Jim. From the conversation I was privy to via a friend of mine, Jim's story matches almost word for word with her version.

So personally I am encouraged that in the end, this will all work out.

Life sucks sometimes! Now to find something new to gripe about... :)

Without going in to details of the conversation, after a friend of mine and had a phone conversation with Paula, I do feel a little better that the situation will resolve itself for everyone.

Do I approve or defend how the whole situation has been handled, No.

Do I pretend to understand how I might have handled the whole situation if I were in their shoes, No.

At this point I have no recourse through Paypal for getting my money back. But I think there may be a glimmer of hope after the conversation. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt even when everything I see is not good. Hopefully in the next couple weeks to a month we will all hear something.

Wow, I 'm glad i just found this tread. Since August i've been wondering about the Titanic coins i purchased in June . we actually just sent off another e-mail to you. Please do keep your word, my blood pressure go up every time i see one on E-bay, and we don't have ours. I'm not as upset now knowing the kind of summer you've had. Prevously i was feeling postal.

Respectfully waiting,

John-Turn180

Jim-

Since these coins have not been ordered yet, based on the email posted in the forums, does that mean you are willing to refund people their money if they have decided they no longer want these coins?

That is what we like to know, we no longer want to wait for these coins, we no longer want these coins, we have made several attemps in contacting him that we want our refund and have given him our paypal address to just send the refund and still havent received it. A refund is all we want.

Barry of sweetlife

Edited by sweetlife
Jim-

Since these coins have not been ordered yet, based on the email posted in the forums, does that mean you are willing to refund people their money if they have decided they no longer want these coins?

That is what we like to know, we no longer want to wait for these coins, we no longer want these coins, we have made several attemps in contacting him that we want our refund and have given him our paypal address to just send the refund and still havent received it. A refund is all we want.

Barry of sweetlife

I believe what he is saying in is above email is that the money has been spent. Now he is going to have to find a way to come up with the money to mint and ship these. :rolleyes:

Jim-

Barry of sweetlife

I believe what he is saying in is above email is that the money has been spent. Now he is going to have to find a way to come up with the money to mint and ship these. :rolleyes:

Thank You. We will give him the benifit of the doubt, this is the first time we have ever had problems with not getting our coins we paid for from him. Not that we are happy, but so the saying goes everyone deseves a second chance.....
Jim-

Barry of sweetlife

Thank You. We will give him the benifit of the doubt, this is the first time we have ever had problems with not getting our coins we paid for from him. Not that we are happy, but so the saying goes everyone deseves a second chance.....

I go by the saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!" I'm not saying you should be demanding a refund, but I wouldn't buy anything else from him.

Jim-

Anyone hear anything about this? Seems Jim is busy releasing another coin and might have missed this question.