Cache Finds Streaks

My longest streak is either 2 or 3 days in a row, something like that. Running up a long streak sounds more like a job than a hobby to me, and I just do this for fun. Most found in one day, though, just did that today with 5 finds. My best weekend was 7 finds, but I should be able to break that this weekend, as long as the weather holds and I don't feel too lazy :o Having 3 or 4 day weekends every week is awesome!

I'm pretty new and it never occurred to me to pursue a streak until I noticed the statistics tab on my profile and checked it out. I decided to try to streak to pass my slump (with clothes on). Then we got hit with a pretty serious dump of snow and I figured, ok, this has got to come to an end at some point. That day I stumbled across a cache that requires a streak of at least 100 days to qualify and I got off my buttocks. The cache I found that day involved trying to keep from dropping the top of a nano into a foot and a half of powder.

After the big snow I did a query of the 2/2 and easier caches that had been found since the snow. I'm currently working over full time and it's a bit of a chore but I think I can get into the 70's without too much problem. Once I pass 100, I'll probably give it a rest. However, it will be well into spring by then and I'll have much more spare time than I have now. Sooo...

The price of gas and energy in general does cause me to think about the reason I'm making this effort.

Bottom lins: Currently in mid-50's and rolling.

As I just made it to 100 days in a row with a find :) I was curious to know where other cachers are streaking at?

Post your longest streak and your current streak.

my streak of 400 days ended yesterday. Good riddance. It got to be more of a hassle, but that is partly due to the cost of gas and I did not have a commute already I needed to do. I had to purposely skip caches that were nearer, or go out in the snow. Nah. I will have more fun without it now, but it looks cool in the stats, allows me to get some challenges, and was not all that bad as I am making it sound.

my streak of 400 days ended yesterday. Good riddance. It got to be more of a hassle, but that is partly due to the cost of gas and I did not have a commute already I needed to do. I had to purposely skip caches that were nearer, or go out in the snow. Nah. I will have more fun without it now, but it looks cool in the stats, allows me to get some challenges, and was not all that bad as I am making it sound.

Welcome back from the dark side and feel free to cache when you choose to. Slave to at least one less number! :) And just for good luck :P:DB)

I did January this year, just to see what all the hoopla is. Hated it. It turned caching into a source of stress, not a stress relief. I quit trying as soon as I hit February.

I honestly don't see any non-OCD reason for doing it.

i've heard others, that completed a 365 day streak, saying that by the end of it it became a chore

so we had that knowledge when we decided to try to complete the Ironman Cache a Day Challenge

we agreed at that time that if and when it will become a chore or if we would have to drag ourselves out to do it we will stop, no regrets

so far we are at 213 days and its been all good

as for a reason other than OCD, yes there is, at least for us...a personal challenge, regardless of the challenge cache to be logged at the end, if we can complete it fine if not oh well, doesn't have to involve any stress

besides every day after work we go grab a few as a stress relief anyway, it sure beats slumping on a couch all evening, so does that diagnose us as suffering from OCD?

I let the lunch hour do-able caches build up around work once, and went on a torrid 7 day cache finding streak. :blink: I'll bet I never eclipse it. I've still never gone more than 14 days without finding a cache since I joined in 2003 though, so that has to count for something. Especially with the winters in my part of the world (Western NY).

A few weeks after we started caching, I set out to get a streak as long as we could. We started out in late March. The low point was in late June, around day #90 or so, when we went to Frankfurt for date night and only had a couple caches in the GPSr. DNF'd one, then DNF'd the second, and the third turned out to be a multi with the final 4 stops down the U-Bahn. Which would have been fine, except the sun was going down and we didn't have flashlights. We found it before it got pitch black, but I decided then that the streak did not need to go much further than 100 days.

Finished a 100 day streak last Sunday to complete the requirements for the North Carolina Streakers (A Century) Challenge. I didn't start out with the intention of completing this challenge, but noticed one day that I had cached 14 days in a row and just decided to keep going. It wasn't easy with the shorter days and winter weather, and I whined and kicked and screamed about it the entire time, but I'm glad I stuck with it. However, I am enjoying a little breather before I go back into the field this weekend. I can see how long streaks could potentially ruin the sport for some people and make what was once an enjoyable hobby become a chore. 100 days didn't do this to me, but I realized that trying to extend my streak could eventually begin to diminish my enjoyment of caching.