Cache Finds Streaks

As I just made it to 100 days in a row with a find :) I was curious to know where other cachers are streaking at?

Post your longest streak and your current streak.

I hope cops aren't around if cachers are streaking. Could be an interesting arrest if someone was seen running down the street with nothing but a GPS dangling from their neck. :mad:

My longest streak was only 18 days. If you work full time, this is harder than it sounds :) .

Current streak: 1 day!

If you check "It's not about the numbers" there are cachers that have streaks that have been intact for years!

Congrats on your 100 days, I never even came close.

DCC

I do work full-time. But you are right - 100 days does take work. I just worked out my routes to and from to get one a day (or more). Toss in a couple of weekend cache vacations and a week vacation (w/ caching) and it helps.

I will say there is another cacher in MI that has an active streak 50 days longer than mine - and I don;t think he is going to slow down any time soon.

The streak started with a 29 Day challenge known as LEAP YEAR (GC18WDQ). Once I got that I was close to 50 so I tried that, then next thing you know I am at 75. Then you might as well go for 100 right?

I've been on a streak since March 2, 2007. With careful management of my home area balanced with my FTF game (441 FTFs) and caching elsewhere during weekends, it's easily possible. It does, however, take a commitment.

I learned a month or two into my streak that someone in my area started on the same day as well. I guess we're competing against each other to see who bites the dust first. Other people in my area have caught the bug and I'm seeing people with 150 day streaks now.

My longest streak was only 18 days. If you work full time, this is harder than it sounds :blink: .

DCC

Working full time compound by the necessity to travel farther and farther away to find a new cache makes it even more difficult. There is one cache 1.7 miles from home that I have not found (a recently posted 4 star cache that had 11 DNF entries and no finds) but the next closest is just under 10 miles away (off a seasonal road). After working all day, there isn't much time to drive to the closest unfound cache during the week. I've managed to cache the last two days in a row, something that I often don't get to do unless I'm on vacation.

I hope cops aren't around if cachers are streaking. Could be an interesting arrest if someone was seen running down the street with nothing but a GPS dangling from their neck. :wub:

The cops would have to catch the cacher first, and someone isn't encumbered by heavy shoes, uniform, gun belt, radio, and all the other cop toys those folks drag around.

And let's hope is it from the neck the GPSr is dangling. We don't need any tripping accidents slowing the get-a -way.

Edit to add, a cacher in the Dallas Tx area put this on a log dated June 7. "Consecutive Day 652 @ 0950". The streak continues! Way to go, D.

Edited by Trucker Lee

SirZman here in the Twin Cities set a local (maybe national) record of 176 days a year or two ago. I am currently at about 165 days and counting trying to break that record. Why, just because it was a tough goal to set and meet. I might aim for 200.. but at 165 I have already pushed the limits with everyone that I have contact with.

Mine is something like 4 or 5 days. My friend "snowball's-keepers" did a streak of 500 days, finding one on the way to or from work everyday. It got really tough when we'd have 2 feet of fresh snow on the ground or a heavy rain storm.

From INATN: Most consecutive days with a find: 500 from 9/25/06 to 2/06/08

Our longest just ended recently when vacation ended. 15 days for close to 200 finds including 2 FTF.

It was during this streak that I realized how easy it was to fake a streak. Lets say you don't make it out 1 day for some reason. Pick a cache that never gets visited & just back date the log. No, we didn't do that. But just saying.....

Streaks aren't our thing. Life gets in the way. And with the price of gas, it makes more sense to not cache everyday & just save them up for a few days.

Edited by wandering4cache

The Husband/Wife couple from here in San Diego, Ca/ Fallon, Nv are on a streak of over 850 days of finding at least one cache a day. Probably helps that they are a husband/wife team but knowing and caching with this couple on numerous occassions, I certainly would bet the farm that this is a real streak and not a figment of their imagination. Truly a great team and wonderful folks.

I recently wanted to see if I could find at least one cache a day for an entire month.

I found it a bit of a challenge. I was relying on finding too many LPC's in order to make this accomplishment and started to not enjoy the whole thing. I fell short by 4 days. (I am weak and lack discipline!) :lol:

Previous to this run, I had managed to go 250+ finds without finding a LPC style cache. (about 9 months)

I was going to try to top that one again, but a recent puzzle find led me to a parking lot ... I got the three other LPC's in the same parking lot too. :huh:(I am also a righteous hypocrite!!!) :lol:

Longest caching streak - 5 days. I was caching like crazy (for me anyway) in the days leading up to the November 2006 Georgia Geocachers Association meeting in Savannah - my first event cache and I wanted it to be my 100th smiley. Worked perfectly :blink:

Most consecutive days without a find - 111. Don't know why, just didn't get out.

It's hard getting a 5yo and a 3yo to cooperate if they don't want to go. I'd rather wait for a time when my DH can watch the kids and I can go alone, or we can all go as a family and he can watch the kids while I cache.

As I just made it to 100 days in a row with a find :D I was curious to know where other cachers are streaking at?

Okay, we'll go ahead and weigh in on this topic. Our current streaking of finding at least one cache every day is 677. We are proud of it and we have really worked our tails off to keep it going. We are a husband and wife team that mostly cache together, but there have been those days where only one of us caches that day. But it's still our goal to continue but only for as long as we want to. Like someone mentioned earlier, this is strictly a personal milestone and only we know for a fact that we really found one every day.

And thank you TL for mentioning us earlier.

At least one cache found every month since December 2003. Nobody said it had to be in days did they? If it has to be in days, no idea.

I haven't missed a month since March '02. ;)

15 days is my longest find streak and I went 41 without a find a few years ago.

In April 2007 I started a streak that went 52 days...I think. It was made a little easier by a local who supported my goal by hiding some caches close to home.

I've considered doing it again but I live in a very rural area. Any caching I do requires a lot of driving. With gas prices like they are it just doesn't seem like a very responsible thing to do in my area.

I will say this for those of you streakers...that first day you DON'T find a cache is very liberating...but it's only liberating AFTER the first day. Right up until 11:30 pm I was telling myself, "Go on...go find one...you know you want to!" ;)

While I'm not a huge fan of the forums, I'll throw my info here... heck, it might help if this place turns into some kind of support group for me when i either quit, or complete my goal... ;)

I started on September 24th, 2007 on day one of a four month road trip around the U.S.A. When I left Massachusetts I decided getting at least one cache per day could be a fun thing to do over the course of my travels. I was right, It was.

Then I got home.

I was two months away from the 6 month mark. I couldn't stop short of that, right? So I kept the streak going. Once I hit 6 months, I really wanted to make it a full year. BOY will i be happy when this year is over!

I'm currently at 283 days (give or take one) and have 83 days to go (i'm shooting for 366 due to the leap year). If I were anywhere else (well, maybe not ANYWHERE else...) this would have probably been an easier task for me.

massforum.jpg

You see - there's nothing but ocean on the north, east and south sides of Cape Cod. I HAVE to travel west.

it's been an interesting experience to say the very least, especially with rising gas costs and having to drive at least an hour to find a cache each day.

silly, silly koneko.

I really have my friends and my own stubborn-ness to thank for the continuation of this stoopid idea streak. ;)

For Jodi and I we, just reached 900! We will never catch kablooey! It is very, I repeat very hard to continue to maintain it. The logistics involved is the hard part. We both work full time and you have to plan for at least two caches (what if you DNF which we have) and a different rout home every day. I am in Fallon Nevada and there isn't much around there. Jodi is in San Diego and that helps. We have gotten a cache at 11:30 at night a few times and people in the San Diego area have hidden caches near our home to help out. We have been in Vermont in the winter and had to dig through 4 feet of snow in the dark in our dress cloths to find a cache. At least there are two of us and I admit that makes it easier in that respect. Only we truely know that it is a correct streak without any cheating and that is ok with us. I will also say that anyone who know us, knows the way we play the game and our integrity and knows it is true. Thank you lostguy for mentioning us earlier in the forum. Oh by the way I (John) care about the streak much more than Jodi, but she puts more effert into it! Cache on. <_<

While I'm not a huge fan of the forums, I'll throw my info here... heck, it might help if this place turns into some kind of support group for me when i either quit, or complete my goal... :rolleyes:

I started on September 24th, 2007 on day one of a four month road trip around the U.S.A. When I left Massachusetts I decided getting at least one cache per day could be a fun thing to do over the course of my travels. I was right, It was.

Then I got home.

I was two months away from the 6 month mark. I couldn't stop short of that, right? So I kept the streak going. Once I hit 6 months, I really wanted to make it a full year. BOY will i be happy when this year is over!

I'm currently at 283 days (give or take one) and have 83 days to go (i'm shooting for 366 due to the leap year). If I were anywhere else (well, maybe not ANYWHERE else...) this would have probably been an easier task for me.

massforum.jpg

You see - there's nothing but ocean on the north, east and south sides of Cape Cod. I HAVE to travel west.

it's been an interesting experience to say the very least, especially with rising gas costs and having to drive at least an hour to find a cache each day.

silly, silly koneko.

I really have my friends and my own stubborn-ness to thank for the continuation of this stoopid idea streak. ;)

sadly, a cut in my hours at work and the price of gas (even though it is dropping...) made it necessary for me to end the streak.

I made it to 400 days and loved every single day of it!

For Jodi and I we, just reached 900! We will never catch kablooey! It is very, I repeat very hard to continue to maintain it. The logistics involved is the hard part. We both work full time and you have to plan for at least two caches (what if you DNF which we have) and a different rout home every day. I am in Fallon Nevada and there isn't much around there. Jodi is in San Diego and that helps. We have gotten a cache at 11:30 at night a few times and people in the San Diego area have hidden caches near our home to help out. We have been in Vermont in the winter and had to dig through 4 feet of snow in the dark in our dress cloths to find a cache. At least there are two of us and I admit that makes it easier in that respect. Only we truely know that it is a correct streak without any cheating and that is ok with us. I will also say that anyone who know us, knows the way we play the game and our integrity and knows it is true. Thank you lostguy for mentioning us earlier in the forum. Oh by the way I (John) care about the streak much more than Jodi, but she puts more effert into it! Cache on. :rolleyes:

1000 (now) is pretty amazing Jahoadi and John! ;)

As I just made it to 100 days in a row with a find ;) I was curious to know where other cachers are streaking at?

64 days from 7/19/08 to 9/20/08 without a find...that is my longest streak!!! :o

11 from 12/26/06 to 1/05/07 with a find...

Current streak...4 days without a find...