PDF Problems and Units

NewAtair

Hello,

I have two major problems with the PDF-versions of the cache descriptions, regardless if I'm using Acrobat 7 or Arcobat 8 under windows XP. It makes no differende if the PDF isz opened in any browser or if I save on my coputer an open it with Acrobat:

First: There are no Umlauts (ä,ö,ü) at the Cachenames because in the PDFs the Umlauts are always displayed as the HTML-Entities, but in PDFs there should be no HTML-Entities. It really looks bad, escpecially there are many &'s and #'s in an Name

But this happens only at the cachenames. At the normal text below (cache details, log, ect) the Umlauts are displayed correctly.

Second:

The paper format in the PDFs schould not be fixed, because in Europe you use the a4-format and an document in the Letter-fomat is always cutted if you print it out on an a4 printer, so the PDFs should be independent from the paper size.

Third: At my personal settings I set the unit for the lenght to "km", but at the search page "mil" or "Miles" ist always shown. The same also at the pate to set uo a new pocket query, because "mil" is set as default.

Why Miles is always shown? It is not even a SI-unit!

I think, to solve the above mentioned Problems should not be very difficult.

Second:

The paper format in the PDFs schould not be fixed, because in Europe you use the a4-format and an document in the Letter-fomat is always cutted if you print it out on an a4 printer, so the PDFs should be independent from the paper size.

I believe the PDF format includes a paper size - so a PDF can exactly represent the information on a page. There's no such thing as "independent from the paper size". Sorry.

I have the same problems.

The text doesn´t fit in the PDF file.

Text and pictures are cutted that you can´t read all nessesary information.

Why we can´t choose our paper size (like A4)???

For Europe the papersize is wrong.

We use A4.

Fix the Unlaut prüblem.

We have paid for!!!!!

I am pretty sure if you do these steps it should work:

From Adobe Reader:

File

Print

Properties

Select A4 as your paper size.

Then make sure "Auto-rotate and center" is checked on and also set page scaling to "Fit to Printable Area", then print it.

I don't have any A4 paper so I can't try it. :-)

I am pretty sure if you do these steps it should work:

From Adobe Reader:

File

Print

Properties

Select A4 as your paper size.

Then make sure "Auto-rotate and center" is checked on and also set page scaling to "Fit to Printable Area", then print it.

I don't have any A4 paper so I can't try it. :-)

It doesn't work, because I can't change the paper size.

And now I found out, that this problem only occurs with then Internet Explorer (regardless which version). There i Only get the PDFs with the marks for the holes and folding. With Firefox I get PDFs with separate pages.

I like separate pages more. because my printer driver can print more pages on one page.

And the problem with the Umlauts should be solved, because we pay for the PDFs and therefore the PDFs should be correct and usable for non Americans.