GPX files created in Geoscout.

I purchased Geoscout when I started caching because it is an all-in-one solution for paperless caching. I like that it will download caches from the web, including hints, logs, maps, and descriptions. But lately my Bluetooth GPS and the iPAQ keep disconnecting randomly. So I have been looking at getting a used 60C of some flavor.

My question is, can I use the .gpx file created by Geoscout in a Garmin 60C? Or is the GPX file created by Geoscout non-standard.

I uploaded a GPX file from Geoscout if anyone wants to take a look or try it out for me!

http://home.pacbell.net/memnok/GCD720.gpx

Google Earth successfully loads this file to show a location as a single point in Turlock, CA.

Mapsource successfully loads the file and displays a cache in Turlock, CA.

Delorme successfully loads the file and displays it as a waypoint in Turlock, CA.

So, yes, I would say this file is in standard GPX format.

Google Earth successfully loads this file to show a location as a single point in Turlock, CA.

Mapsource successfully loads the file and displays a cache in Turlock, CA.

Delorme successfully loads the file and displays it as a waypoint in Turlock, CA.

So, yes, I would say this file is in standard GPX format.

Thanks for checking for me. :o I never even thought of opening it in Google Earth...

I purchased Geoscout when I started caching because it is an all-in-one solution for paperless caching. I like that it will download caches from the web, including hints, logs, maps, and descriptions. But lately my Bluetooth GPS and the iPAQ keep disconnecting randomly. So I have been looking at getting a used 60C of some flavor.

My question is, can I use the .gpx file created by Geoscout in a Garmin 60C? Or is the GPX file created by Geoscout non-standard.

I uploaded a GPX file from Geoscout if anyone wants to take a look or try it out for me!

Just downloaded it and it is a not exactly the same format that a Groundspeak PQ uses. Things I noticed are the log types. GC uses "Found it", this one uses "Found". The cache-id is the guid, where GC uses a simple number. But apart from that, I don't see much differences.

If it loads in a 60C? I don't have one, so can't tell.

Just downloaded it and it is a not exactly the same format that a Groundspeak PQ uses. Things I noticed are the log types. GC uses "Found it", this one uses "Found". The cache-id is the guid, where GC uses a simple number. But apart from that, I don't see much differences.

If it loads in a 60C? I don't have one, so can't tell.

The .gpx file would have to be opened with a program like MapSource or EasyGPS and send it to the 60C as a waypoint. The 60C cannot import .gpx files as point of interest files.