Close Call Today

So, I go out after work figuring I could grab a few local caches along this bike path by Henson Creek. I go right to the first one no problem. Now on to number two. A couple of Muggles stroll by so I need to buy time which I do. All clear....I go in. I'm dead on GZ as the digits were spot on. NOTHING. I spend a few mins. searching but I throw in the towel. It must be missing. I travel back to the parking area and on to one more shooting for 2 out of 3. As I exit the bike path and just as I cross the street about 8 cop cars converge on the area and swarm the path entrance! They tape off the bike path and start searching. They've even got a helo up for this search. Now I'm sweating from the walk but even more as I was just down that path. What if they're looking for me? Crap! 20 mins. sooner and I would have been wandering in the woodline searching for a cache no doubtedly I would have been spotted by the marksman in the helocopter. So, I approach the officers and explained that I was just down there, what are you looking for? They said a possible robery suspect! Great! I would have a blast explaining getting caught up in that. Talk about wrong place at the wrong time!!! :)

Edited by Voodoo7

I would say you were in the right place at the right time for a bit of excitement! Even if you were out on the path when they arrived you wouldn't have been in any real danger unless you decided to run away or throw your GPS at them. A fun story for the kids, family, co-workers, and us. Bummer about the DNF.