All day geocaching bike trip (Sandy Hook - Red Bank, NJ)

Hi,

I am going on all-day geocaching trip this Saturday. I am going to start east of Twin Lighthouse in Highlands, NJ sometime between 8:00 and 8:30 am and travel on my bicycle thru Sandy Hook, then Monmouth Beach and Red Bank, NJ. Total about 30 miles. There are close to 15 geocaches hidded along the route so I figured that with lunch, geocaching, frequent stops, the whole trip will take about whole day. If you are interested, you are welcome to join me. This is not going to be a race but leisure trip (I am taking my mountain bike so the road bike stays at home this time). Of course you need some training to get you thru 30+ miles of biking/geocaching in over 80F weather.

Here is link to the picture of the map with planned route: link

Alex

Hi,

I am going on all-day geocaching trip this Saturday. I am going to start east of Twin Lighthouse in Highlands, NJ sometime between 8:00 and 8:30 am and travel on my bicycle thru Sandy Hook, then Monmouth Beach and Red Bank, NJ. Total about 30 miles. There are close to 15 geocaches hidded along the route so I figured that with lunch, geocaching, frequent stops, the whole trip will take about whole day. If you are interested, you are welcome to join me. This is not going to be a race but leisure trip (I am taking my mountain bike so the road bike stays at home this time). Of course you need some training to get you thru 30+ miles of biking/geocaching in over 80F weather.

Here is link to the picture of the map with planned route: link

Alex

I no longer live in NJ but if I did I would be there. Sounds like an awesome day. I hope you plan something next time I am home

It was a nice trip. Started at 8:30am and was done at 2:30pm. Found 8 caches, 1 DNF, 3 not attempted due to the location and me being on a bike (didn't feel like it would be a good idea to bike thru bird sanctuary or thru some trails in nature areas). Heat wasn't that big of a problem especially down by the water. In-land was hot but bearable if speed was above 10mph :-)

drabina = maurycy

I have changed my username and somehow the original post was still from the old account.

Edited by maurycy

20-Mile Hike for ONE smiley

Check out that cache. 30+ Miles on a bike for caching sounds fun, but I'm looking forward to hitting up this cache in PA.

P.S. This one really has to be hiked because they don't allow bikes on many of the trails where the different stages of the Multi are hidden.

Wow, this sounds like fun. Unfortunately, it is on the other side of PA for me :-(

I am doing another bike/geocaching tour this Saturday. This time it is going to be along Delaware-Raritan Canal in NJ. Approx 34 miles of flat terrain. Only about 5 caches that I try to find but the scenery is nice. Next week if the weather is nice, I am going to Cape Cod (strictly biking and maybe a cache here and there) and in two weeks Piermont-Nyack bike/geocaching trip. Anybody interested? :-)